NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 08-07-2020, 12:09 PM

Default Why an I having so much trouble locating these Just one to go

I started a set of the 1953 Nabisco back about 7 years ago.This is a multi sport set with instructions on how to play varies sports.
I understand that it is a Canadian set. But I am pretty sure there are a few Canadians on this site. Matter of fact,what few of
these I have located by way of eBay,seem to always being sold by a US seller. I am down to just one cards . . It is not like
there is any player related to the cards. So there are no stars portrayed on the cards. So if anyone has any of these laying
around in a box of junk.Than by all means PLMK.I would really like to put this set to rest. I still need one of the football
instructional cards. I can trade or buy.Either way works for me. Thanks.

1953-55 Nabisco
this is a multi sport set (looking for VG-EX-M). NEED LIST:43 Football

Last edited by camaro69; 09-28-2020 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:55 PM

Well I was able to locate one of the cards I needed. So only one to go.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:00 PM
Jeff P

Congrats on your pickup! Keep working it and you'll find the last one.

jeff
Old 09-29-2020, 01:54 AM
Wes

I think sometimes the scarce items just come and go in waves. Makes it frustrating sometimes. However i’ve found it makes me appreciate the set a lot more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegsFan View Post
I think sometimes the scarce items just come and go in waves. Makes it frustrating sometimes. However i’ve found it makes me appreciate the set a lot more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the idea of the chase to find that last card for a set. It is the most enjoyment I get out of the hobby. And you are 100% correct.
When you finally get that last card,you certainly do appreciate the journey,and when you place that last card in that slot that has been
empty for so many years that feeling of a job well done is a wonderful feeling. Thanks for the encouragement.

Last edited by camaro69; 09-29-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:21 PM

Hey Camaro69, I enjoyed reading your posts on the quest to complete a very tough set. I'm no competition of yours, but I can empathize with your hunt and search for something uncommon. You see, a few years back, I wrote a book about the immediate post-war regional / food issues, Never Cheaper By the Dozen. Your set is not in there, but the same difficulties, challenges, and extreme joys mirrors your collecting journey precisely. Wishing you the very best, sir, and I hope you track down a nice one, for your last missing card! --- Brian Powell
Old 10-03-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Hey Camaro69, I enjoyed reading your posts on the quest to complete a very tough set. I'm no competition of yours, but I can empathize with your hunt and search for something uncommon. You see, a few years back, I wrote a book about the immediate post-war regional / food issues, Never Cheaper By the Dozen. Your set is not in there, but the same difficulties, challenges, and extreme joys mirrors your collecting journey precisely. Wishing you the very best, sir, and I hope you track down a nice one, for your last missing card! --- Brian Powell
It has been a struggle to finish this set. But I know that the reward will be when I have it finished.Thanks.