NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-08-2021, 04:34 PM
Frank Wakefield

Default SGC & PSA pop reports

A little help, please; and this may well be helpful to others.

I thought about a week ago I was skimming through a thread here and there were a couple of posts that provided links to the population report sections of SGC and PSA... I can't find that thread, now, and eye fatigue is setting in.

I was wanting to look up the number of Broad Leaf cards for a few players in T206.

I figure several of you guys have the sites saved somewehre.

THANKS for reading and for helping. FW
Old 08-08-2021, 04:53 PM
Sonny Tutor

Hopefully these work...

https://www.psacard.com/pop/t206

https://gosgc.com/pop-report
Old 08-08-2021, 04:55 PM
James M

SGC:

https://www.gosgc.com/population-rep...20Master%20Pop

PSA:

https://www.psacard.com/pop/t206

I know the PSA pop report you can search just by card back, so all the Broad Leaf, for example. SGC's search is at the top.

As a caveat, I just spent a few weeks taking the pop report from both sites and putting it into Excel for my purposes, and there are inconsistencies on the PSA pop report. When you search just by back, you will get different numbers than when you look by player in a few cases. There are also issues with the way PSA labeled cards and entered them into their pop report. For example, players who have both a Sovereign 150 and Sovereign 350 sometimes just got labeled as "Sovereign" in the pop report, because the 150 and 350 totals do not add up to the general "Sovereign" pop count.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:13 PM
Bob C.

Default Pop Reports

Also don't forget that over the years sometimes a new owner may try to crossover a card from one TPG to another, or just crack a card out and leave it raw. So the pop reports aren't always perfectly accurate.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

Also note that for many many years PSA did not designate T206s by back, or at least did not account for them that way in the pop.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:22 PM
Frank Wakefield

Gentlemen, thank you.

I confess to being one of those cracker outer not reporter guys... at least I've been saving the slips the last few years.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2021, 12:23 PM
Kevin

Does anyone know how often the SGC pop report is updated?

Do newly graded cards immediately show up in the pop report?
Old 09-30-2021, 12:59 PM
Ch@d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar7 View Post
Do newly graded cards immediately show up in the pop report?
Depends on what you mean by immediate. it was in the pop report within one to three days on a recent submission of mine, but I don't recall the exact timing beyond that.
successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson
Old 09-30-2021, 02:24 PM
qualitycards

Did SGC figure out how to add the older graded cards that had a 10-100 scale to their current structure of cards graded 1-10?
Old 09-30-2021, 02:31 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
Did SGC figure out how to add the older graded cards that had a 10-100 scale to their current structure of cards graded 1-10?
I believe so Jay. When you look on the top banner- purplish on my screen, it allows you to select "show old grading". It does not distinguish the old from the new however, so a card graded 40 and one graded 3 will be in the same column, which makes it unknown as to what is actually on the card's label.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.