NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-11-2020, 06:49 PM
Jimmy Knowle$

Default FedEx fake deliveries

This has now happened to me twice within a month. Tracking number says delivered but no package WAS delivered.
The first time, about three weeks ago, they delivered it the next day around 6pm. Over 24 hours after tracking said it was here. I have cameras installed and when reviewed, there he was. Over 24 hours later with my package.
Today, tracking said delivered. I go to get it and nothing.
Just wanted folks to know this does happen.
Might just be my driver. Maybe he scans it so he can go on home, but it is very frustrating.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2020, 07:49 PM
Bill Roberts

It sounds like former postal employees have been hired by FedEx for the holidays.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:00 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Wow, that's horrible!
Old 11-11-2020, 08:07 PM

Default FedEx UPS USPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplainer View Post
This has now happened to me twice within a month. Tracking number says delivered but no package WAS delivered.
The first time, about three weeks ago, they delivered it the next day around 6pm. Over 24 hours after tracking said it was here. I have cameras installed and when reviewed, there he was. Over 24 hours later with my package.
Today, tracking said delivered. I go to get it and nothing.
Just wanted folks to know this does happen.
Might just be my driver. Maybe he scans it so he can go on home, but it is very frustrating.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk
All three companies are using covid as an excuse to just drop
Off the package even if you requested signature. It’s a mess. Insure everything.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:22 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

I had a delivery today of 2 large boxes of postage stamps that I use for discount postage. The Fedex driver was setting them outside, uncovered, in the snow when I noticed her out in my yard. Had those things sat there unnoticed all night, absorbing moisture from the snow on the ground plus what was still coming down, I would've had $2,000 plus face value of postage stamps hopelessly stuck together.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:26 PM
Scott Russell

Happened at my office yesterday with shelves I ordered from a retailer. I was literally watching for the delivery when magically the tracking changed to "delivered" with no truck showing up with multiple 80 lb packages... 800 number refused to contact the driver.
Local office wouldn't pick up.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 11-11-2020, 08:46 PM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Different outfit of course, but I've had this happen with USPS. Postal clerk told me that the drivers are allowed to scan as delivered the night before when sorting. Seems to defeat the purpose of tracking, but hard to fight the man.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:21 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Stay away from fedex!!

Had someone in the chain - open -take out cards worth $$$$ reseal and then deliver late.

The package was sent overnight - "early delivery" and "side door" was specified. At 6:30AM the driver "attempted" delivery to the FRONT door then left with the package. When I called I was told they would attempt delivery the next day - I explained that was unacceptable - after what felt like an unreasonable amount of time and conversations with 2 employees who "didn't get it" - same day redelivery was scheduled. The package arrived at a bit after 10AM. Although a signature was "required" the driver explained because of Covid I didn't have to sign. I opened the box to find missing cards worth $$$$. Reminded in the process that while FedEx will be happy to take your money for whatever amount of insurance you would like to pay for, "the fine print" states that their maximum liability for "collectibles" is $1,000.

Best way to send and insure more valuable items is USPS registered mail!
Old 11-11-2020, 09:24 PM
Thomas
Th0mas Ch.urch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Happened at my office yesterday with shelves I ordered from a retailer. I was literally watching for the delivery when magically the tracking changed to "delivered" with no truck showing up with multiple 80 lb packages... 800 number refused to contact the driver.
Local office wouldn't pick up.
These 800 numbers are a joke. The customer service reps couldn’t even put a delay on my shipment by one day( after a 1st notice was left) as no one was going to be available to receive the item . Luckily the website allowed me a hold at location change so trouble avoided.
Also do insure any thing of value. But not sure that it would hold up as I literally had a 1948 Leaf Jackie SGC 5 just left in the mailbox when signature was clearly required. I’m not sure what that recourse would be.
Successful transactions: sycks22, charlietheextervminator, Scocs, Thromdog, trdcrdkid, mybuddyinc, troutbum97, Natedog, Kingcobb, usernamealreadytaken, t206fanatic, asoriano, rsdill2, hatchetman325, cobbcobb13, dbfirstman, Blunder19, Scott L. ,Eggoman, ncinin, vintagewhitesox, aloondilana, btcarfagno, ZiggerZagger, blametony, shammus, Kris19, brewing, rootsearcher60, Pat R , sportscardpete , Leon , OriolesHOF , Gobucsmagic74, Pilot172000, Chesbro41, scmavl,t206kid,3-2-count,GoldenAge50s
Old 11-12-2020, 05:20 AM
Tom Re.bert

Default Insurance claim

Filed a USPS insurance claim. Received a reply letter yesterday asking for either the damaged item or the shipping container which was their damaged USPS priority box. The box arrived to the finial Post office destination intentionally torn open, signature required "empty" which the buyer refused at the counter. The card was missing. The box was returned to my PO repaired with their special damage Priority tape.

Anyone know how long the process may take for the insurance reimbursement?

With what I'm reading missing shipped items may get worse getting closer to holidays??

Last edited by Directly; 01-27-2024 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-12-2020, 05:31 AM
Ru.ss Khederi@n

Every time Fedex delivers to my office (with no signature required) I receive delivery notification 30-60 minutes prior to actual delivery. This last happened with a $600 card. Calling Fedex is useless.
I really do hate Fedex much more than USPS or UPS.

Last edited by russkcpa; 11-12-2020 at 05:31 AM.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:07 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Had someone in the chain - open -take out cards worth $$$$ reseal and then deliver late.

The package was sent overnight - "early delivery" and "side door" was specified. At 6:30AM the driver "attempted" delivery to the FRONT door then left with the package. When I called I was told they would attempt delivery the next day - I explained that was unacceptable - after what felt like an unreasonable amount of time and conversations with 2 employees who "didn't get it" - same day redelivery was scheduled. The package arrived at a bit after 10AM. Although a signature was "required" the driver explained because of Covid I didn't have to sign. I opened the box to find missing cards worth $$$$. Reminded in the process that while FedEx will be happy to take your money for whatever amount of insurance you would like to pay for, "the fine print" states that their maximum liability for "collectibles" is $1,000.

Best way to send and insure more valuable items is USPS registered mail!
A FedEx employee stole your cards? What was written under the 'description of contents' section? Did the sender write baseball cards and put down a big value? Also, have you dealt with this sender before? Are you sure he didn't send you an empty box?
Old 11-12-2020, 05:43 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I had an expensive card delivered this week USPS first class, signature required. I checked the delivery history on the Informed Delivery app and got a message that made my hair stand on edge. It was Exception: Package delivered to another address because it was mislabeled or had wrong zip code or was redirected." What???? No other address given, and obviously there was no problem with the address. I went nuts for a few hours. The company sending it got right on the phone and called my local postmaster who explained it was likely just misscanned by the mail delivery person when I wasn't home to sign for it. Sure enough was delivered the next day without further incident. Disaster averted. Whoever opened that package would have figured out very quickly that Christmas came early a little this year. Thank god a false alarm. Scared the bejessus out of me.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 11-12-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:50 PM
Ryan Phi

Just had this happen with Fedex today on a shipment from the latest Goldin Auction. I had a vacation hold on the package until this coming Friday but received a message this morning my package would be delivered. Called FedEx and told them dont deliver until Friday as there is a vacation hold. They confirmed. This afternoon received notification the package was delivered and signed by a Mike. Never heard of a Mike at my house.

I paid insurance to Goldin. However as a previous poster said, for collectibles they may only cover up to $1000 which would be an absolutely enormous loss. I have a trace on it now.

Tickets/Stubs:
Hank Aaron 714 HR
Hank Aaron 715 HR
Gehrig Appreciate Day
Shot Heard Round the World
1975 WS Game 6
1st All Star Game 1933
1986 WS Game 6
1988 WS Game 1
Dents HR 1978
Harvey Haddix May 29, 1959
Babe Ruth Called Shot
1955 WS Game 7
Bartman Game - Cubs
Billy Goat Game - Cubs
Black Cat Game - Cubs
Ray Chapman Hit
Brett Pine Tar Game
Merkles Boner
Old 11-17-2020, 10:16 PM
Justin Burleson

Quote:
Originally Posted by philo98 View Post
Just had this happen with Fedex today on a shipment from the latest Goldin Auction. I had a vacation hold on the package until this coming Friday but received a message this morning my package would be delivered. Called FedEx and told them dont deliver until Friday as there is a vacation hold. They confirmed. This afternoon received notification the package was delivered and signed by a Mike. Never heard of a Mike at my house.

I paid insurance to Goldin. However as a previous poster said, for collectibles they may only cover up to $1000 which would be an absolutely enormous loss. I have a trace on it now.
I'm sure Goldin uses a 3rd party for insurance, not FedEx, so I'd let them know if the package doesn't turn up.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2020, 10:50 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I had an expensive card delivered this week USPS first class, signature required. I checked the delivery history on the Informed Delivery app and got a message that made my hair stand on edge. It was Exception: Package delivered to another address because it was mislabeled or had wrong zip code or was redirected." What???? No other address given, and obviously there was no problem with the address. I went nuts for a few hours. The company sending it got right on the phone and called my local postmaster who explained it was likely just misscanned by the mail delivery person when I wasn't home to sign for it. Sure enough was delivered the next day without further incident. Disaster averted. Whoever opened that package would have figured out very quickly that Christmas came early a little this year. Thank god a false alarm. Scared the bejessus out of me.
Similar here a couple weeks ago, except the hair stand on edge update was "Delivered, left with individual". That individual was not me. The substitute mail carrier (which is when most of the problems I've encountered happen) was not actually getting signatures when required. If she would have, the mistake would have been noticed immediately since I had one other package that day too.

Since I was checking frequently (but not peering out the window for the mail truck like I apparently need to be), I caught this about ten minutes after it happened, got in my car and took off after the truck, and luckily passed by it in a maze of off streets about a quarter mile away. Turns out she had left the package about six houses away. We backtracked and it was still sitting there. Disaster averted, especially since proving I never got it w/ a stamp of "delivered, left with individual" would have to be messy.

All this makes me want to wrap up buying any cards online. I've lucked out a few times in these spots, but sooner or later, snake eyes will come up
Old 11-18-2020, 12:00 AM
Ryan Phi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburl View Post
I'm sure Goldin uses a 3rd party for insurance, not FedEx, so I'd let them know if the package doesn't turn up.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Yes I reached out to them tonight. They came back pretty fast and said just let them handle it. Said I was covered for the full amount of indeed it was “lost.”

Had a neighbor stop by the front door and nothing was there. They looked at their cameras as well and no Fedex truck even came by the house. So it’s one of these fake deliveries and will see if something comes up tomorrow.

Tickets/Stubs:
Hank Aaron 714 HR
Hank Aaron 715 HR
Gehrig Appreciate Day
Shot Heard Round the World
1975 WS Game 6
1st All Star Game 1933
1986 WS Game 6
1988 WS Game 1
Dents HR 1978
Harvey Haddix May 29, 1959
Babe Ruth Called Shot
1955 WS Game 7
Bartman Game - Cubs
Billy Goat Game - Cubs
Black Cat Game - Cubs
Ray Chapman Hit
Brett Pine Tar Game
Merkles Boner
Old 11-18-2020, 12:24 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

You may live in a time warp.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:42 AM
Mike

Regularly but not often, I have a USPS package marked "Out for Delivery" at the start of the day. The day comes and goes. The mail is delivered ad no package is there. A check of the Tracking # says "Held at the Post Office per Customer's Request"..... WTF?...... Needless to say, no such request was made. The package arrives the next day........with no input from me.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:08 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
Regularly but not often, I have a USPS package marked "Out for Delivery" at the start of the day. The day comes and goes. The mail is delivered ad no package is there. A check of the Tracking # says "Held at the Post Office per Customer's Request"..... WTF?...... Needless to say, no such request was made. The package arrives the next day........with no input from me.
Mike,

I don't check tracking as usually I get various status sent to my emails. I do have the USPS "Informed Delivery" and generally that is fairly accurate. On the occasion that a package is slated to be delivered that day and isn't, it almost always shows up the next day (so I don't know if the tracking status you see is what I would see as well). I've had 1 case where it came in 3 days later, but there were extenuating circumstances there. In some cases, and I think it's mostly (but not always) related to the size of package, it gets delivered outside of our normal route delivery (ie by someone who is only delivery packages), so that may be a factor as well.

All that said, we are fortunate to have very responsible postal service here. I get more concerned with packages I send out.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:17 AM

Default Fedex

I have had nothing but poor experience with Fedex, to the extent that I ask fellow hobbyists NOT to use them when shipping to me. I'd trust a carrier pigeon over them. Trent King
Old 11-18-2020, 07:58 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementeFanOh View Post
I have had nothing but poor experience with Fedex, to the extent that I ask fellow hobbyists NOT to use them when shipping to me. I'd trust a carrier pigeon over them. Trent King
+1 and the pigeon could be blind and have severe memory problems.

I have had those A-Holes even scratch out my business address and write in my home address and vise versa. So when I am at the proper address they try and deliver it to one of my other addresses.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:47 AM
Howard Chasser

Default I know the sender/consignor a long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
A FedEx employee stole your cards? What was written under the 'description of contents' section? Did the sender write baseball cards and put down a big value? Also, have you dealt with this sender before? Are you sure he didn't send you an empty box?
I didn't receive an empty box - I received a box with a binder of baseball cards missing a single page of 18 cards which was removed as well as missing a white plastic bag that the sender originally wrapped the album in. There was no "description of contents" on the label. It was insured for $1K and sent "early delivery."
Old 11-18-2020, 10:52 AM

Is all of this a relatively new problem with FedEx? I've not experienced it, but I've also not had all that much delivered to me by them over the years.