NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-01-2021, 07:31 PM
Jim T.
Ji.m Tar.olli

Default Card shops in or around Boston?

If this is in the wromg section, I apologize and please delete.
Next weekend I'm going to Boston to visit my brother-in-law. In between visiting the aquarium and the children's museum for my daughter, I'm hoping to check out a card shop or two. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm really only interested in vintage stuff, so a shop loaded with Prizm and shiny stuff does nothing for me. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2021, 08:10 PM
Bobby Binder

I was told there is a shop near Salem that is suppose to be good, although I have never been there.
Old 10-01-2021, 08:33 PM
Peter Spaeth

Kenmore Collectibles which is now in Brighton due west of downtown, I think in an office building. They have a website. I've known the owner since the 1990s.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-01-2021 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2021, 08:57 PM
Dave

There's a shop in Saugus just north of Boston on route 1 south. Called Sports World. It's on the southbound side of route one. It's about 15 minutes from Boston. Depending on traffic.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
There's a shop in Saugus just north of Boston on route 1 south. Called Sports World. It's on the southbound side of route one. It's about 15 minutes from Boston. Depending on traffic.
I am so out of touch I did not even realize they were no longer in Everett, where of course they were an institution for many years. Phil the owner knew a lot of the Boston players.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-01-2021 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-01-2021, 09:29 PM
Steve Birmingham

There's also batter up in Tewksbury. Mostly modern and gaming, with a few vintage postwar cards that I think are slightly overpriced (or I'd have bought them)

https://www.facebook.com/batterupcards/
Old 10-01-2021, 09:54 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I am so out of touch I did not even realize they were no longer in Everett, where of course they were an institution for many years. Phil the owner knew a lot of the Boston players.
I haven't been to their shop since it was in Everett.
Old 10-02-2021, 02:01 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

139. Excavacation
When someone asks for recommendations on what card shops he should dig around in while visiting a particular city or town.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2021, 04:06 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
Down the road a little is a store called Slap Shot Sports Cards, opposite side of Sports World, IIRC. I haven't been up that way in a few years, but they had a nice selection last time I was there.

Last edited by Jim65; 10-02-2021 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-02-2021, 05:09 AM
Jim T.
Ji.m Tar.olli

Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2021, 05:32 AM
Albert Bee

Default boston

Yes, Sportsworld is good
Old 10-02-2021, 06:29 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
Down the road a little is a store called Slap Shot Sports Cards, opposite side of Sports World, IIRC. I haven't been up that way in a few years, but they had a nice selection last time I was there.
I second visiting Mark at slapshot. Hobby vet for at least 30 years!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 10-02-2021, 06:38 AM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Probably 15+ years since he left Everett!

Truth is, you're not going to find much in the way of card shops with vintage in the Boston area these days. Different times of the year, there are a few card shows which are worthwhile, but not much for brick and mortar with vintage.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:33 AM
Bob Donaldson

Bay State Coin on Bromfield St (near Park Street Subway) always had cards. But to be honest I've not been there in a few years. There's a Sunday show in Woburn (10 miles north) that's pretty small, some vintage.