NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-08-2016, 03:56 PM
keith janosky

Default Nellie Fox autograph question for any Fox experts

I have been collecting Nellie Fox autographs for a number of years and all of his autographs I have seen in auctions and have personally owned have his first name Nelson on all the autographs. I'm thinking of purchasing one that has his first name Nellie on it instead of Nelson which I have never seen on any other item before. Anybody have any in their collection with his first name Nellie and not Nelson. Not sure if its scarce or maybe would have signed for somebody asking for him to sign that way but have never seen that before just Nelson on everything I have seen or owned.

Last edited by keithsky; 03-08-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Steven Finley

Personally I only recall seeing "Nelson" signatures, but then again he isn't a name I search for everyday. I know what you mean though. I've owned 20-30 Tommy Bridges signed items and I search for him regularly. In the past decade I've seen two items signed "Tommy" as opposed to his usual "Tom". One was garbage and I kept walking, the other I purchased. I'm confident in the one I purchased. His last name is spot on, the seller was someone I trusted, and his first name matched up with a facsimile signature from a period endorsed item. Every time I look at it, however, it just looks wrong. I'm so conditioned to his "Tom Bridges" signature is just screams 'no', although I'm sure it's fine.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:44 AM
keith janosky

Hi Steve thanks for your comment. I know what you mean with your Tom Bridges autos. The Nellie Fox ones are always "Nelson" and the one I'm looking at with 'Nellie" looks real to me based on all the ones I have owned and seen so like you I would feel comfortable with it but always just that little question mark in my head that would wonder. I even thought if I would send it to PSA or JSA what they would do since they might reject it as having no exemplers in there files and rule in undecided then I'm still questioning.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:15 PM
Dan Bretta

I have a 1948 Lincoln Athletics minor league team signed ball that is signed "Nellie". In fact I have now seen 3 1948 Lincoln team signed balls that are all signed "Nellie". Apparently he began his career signing that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nillieball.jpg (35.2 KB, 115 views)

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 03-13-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:35 PM
keith janosky

Wow thanks Dan I wasn't sure if anybody else had any items with the word Nellie on there. Thanks so much for posting the picture to let me know that. Much appreciated