NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Default OT: My first National!

Well, I am very excited to say that I'm going to my first ever National!!! My dad and I are doing a father son trip (we try to take one every year that focuses on baseball) so I cannot wait! He's the one who kept bugging me while growing up to collect the vintage cards and not the shiny ones

I look forward to finally meeting hopefully most of you, and possibly pick up some great items along the way!

- Brent
Old 05-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Christopher Cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
Well, I am very excited to say that I'm going to my first ever National!!! My dad and I are doing a father son trip (we try to take one every year that focuses on baseball) so I cannot wait! He's the one who kept bugging me while growing up to collect the vintage cards and not the shiny ones

I look forward to finally meeting hopefully most of you, and possibly pick up some great items along the way!
Hello Brent,

Nice to hear you will be attending and I think it's wonderful that it will be a father/son outing.

Please feel free to come by the Goldin Auctions booth and say hello. A number of us will be there and we are always delighted to meet people from various online forums in person.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post
Hello Brent,

Nice to hear you will be attending and I think it's wonderful that it will be a father/son outing.

Please feel free to come by the Goldin Auctions booth and say hello. A number of us will be there and we are always delighted to meet people from various online forums in person.
I certainly will! I enjoy the auctions you guys have.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

That is very very cool....I would love to have my dad back (passed away) and be able to do things like that....cherish the moment (s)!!!!

Take some pictures and share them here would love to see some!!!

Last edited by Zone91; 05-03-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone91 View Post
That is very very cool....I would love to have my dad back (passed away) and be able to do things like that....cherish the moment (s)!!!!

Take some pictures and share them here would love to see some!!!
I certainly will Adrian, really excited to get smoe autographs and see some amazing items. We went to old Yankee Stadium a few years ago because I HAD to see the place where all the greats played, was an amazing experience.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:18 AM

Default Adrian....

++1!!

I am in the same boat.....

I remember my dad and I going to Collingswood auction in New Jersey as a kid.....He bought me a complete set of 82' Topps that my mom gave us money for the boys that day...I was always into collecting cards before that, but those days were so memorable to me..We would go on Saturday's and Id buy the 80's baseball crap......well, as you know those cards are really not worth much now, but I still have that 82 Topps set and it is priceless to me

I lost Dad to a massive heartattack in 1993 when I was in college(we were fighting at the time).......

As you know I LOVE my T206 Scrap/Freaks and rarities, but ID GIVE THEM ALL UP to have dad back, even the '82 Topps set....or just to tell him I loved him

enjoy the show with your dad and cherish every moment, trust me
Old 05-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
++1!!

I am in the same boat.....

I remember my dad and I going to Collingswood auction in New Jersey as a kid.....He bought me a complete set of 82' Topps that my mom gave us money for the boys that day...I was always into collecting cards before that, but those days were so memorable to me..We would go on Saturday's and Id buy the 80's baseball crap......well, as you know those cards are really not worth much now, but I still have that 82 Topps set and it is priceless to me

I lost Dad to a massive heartattack in 1993 when I was in college(we were fighting at the time).......

As you know I LOVE my T206 Scrap/Freaks and rarities, but ID GIVE THEM ALL UP to have dad back, even the '82 Topps set....or just to tell him I loved him

enjoy the show with your dad and cherish every moment, trust me
Thank you, and I will!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Bring good walking shoes...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Bring good walking shoes...
Will crocs suffice
Old 05-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Mike Bodner

Quote:
Will crocs suffice
I've never worn those, but they don't look like they would be comfortable for 8 hours or so.

If you search The National on here I'm sure you'll find some great "survival" tips plus I'm sure some more information will pop up on the forums or any questions you may have will be happily answered.

Enjoy your 1st National! I'll bet it becomes a good addiction. I remember my 1st one in 1981...my mom let me attend a few days. I still remember a couple of cool Brooks Robinson oddball purchases and was even on the Detroit evening news looking through pages of cards. The show has come a long way since then!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Mi.ke Masi.nick

The floor at the national is basically like walking on concrete (well, it is concrete). Better to have tennis shoes of some kind.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Dave Terwi.lliger

yeah...croks look like something hippies or democrats or people who don't own guns wear.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Will crocs suffice
I think last year there were some people wearing what I learned were called "skorts" (or something like that?). Do I have that right? Maybe someone has a picture of "skorts"?

Sincerely, Clayton

P.S. Have a blast at the National !!!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:12 AM
K1rk K3ith

Default National

Bring an ipad or tablet and want list written down. Also backpack with a drink and snacks. Hope to see you at the Net54 dinner.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcerfan View Post
yeah...croks look like something hippies or democrats or people who don't own guns wear.
I wear Crocs every day. I am not who you describe though. (though I don't own guns)