NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-07-2023, 02:36 PM

I am there every year to walk around on the first day. The one thing they need to get rid of which was available last year and is being offered this year is the early entry ticket nonsense.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:52 PM
Josh

Super excited to attend again this year myself and hoping to score a new Ruth for my PC.
Old 04-07-2023, 06:17 PM

Default Going!

Making the trip from Philly to the show. First time in years. Can't wait!
Old 04-07-2023, 06:54 PM
Donny Muth

Default Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn View Post
I am there every year to walk around on the first day. The one thing they need to get rid of which was available last year and is being offered this year is the early entry ticket nonsense.
Just curious why you think the early entry needs to stop? I have never been to the Strongsville show (maybe next year), but I have done the early entry at the Nashville show twice now and it's nice to be able to make a round before it gets crowded. It's only a 2 hour head start, but to me it has been worth it for $30.

Old 04-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Bill Roberts

When I lived in the Midwest 10 years ago, the Strongsville show offered early entry at an increased ticket price. So it's nothing new, and there's not a thing wrong with it. Many, many shows do it, and it's a nice option.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmuth View Post
Just curious why you think the early entry needs to stop? I have never been to the Strongsville show (maybe next year), but I have done the early entry at the Nashville show twice now and it's nice to be able to make a round before it gets crowded. It's only a 2 hour head start, but to me it has been worth it for $30.
Simply put, you put on a show and you have a start time. Not an early one. I apologize if I'm sounding rude. It is not intended in this response.
Old 04-08-2023, 06:36 AM

Default Hope your not claustrophobic....

Place is so packed it's unbelievable but I'l be there....venue is way to small great show one of the best just not nearly the room....IS SGC GRADING ON SITE OR MAILING BACK??

Last edited by JMANOS; 04-08-2023 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-08-2023, 07:10 AM
Rob

SGC is not grading on site, but is accepting submissions. I am going to drop off a few items Friday.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:11 AM
Ed Hans

Default Re: Strongsville Sports Collections Convention - April 14th-16th

Looking forward to it. Will be with Gary Nuchereno.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:02 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn View Post
Simply put, you put on a show and you have a start time. Not an early one. I apologize if I'm sounding rude. It is not intended in this response.
I get what Brian is saying that everyone should be able to get in at the same time for the same price. However, many people are willing to pay more $$$ to be the 1st one in the room and have less competition and bumping into backpacks and pelican cases, etc. for a tour to see if there is anything they want or what they can make $$ on.

And as a promoter who has run shows, if I could have done that, I would have. The Dallas Card Show has various levels of paying from All Access VIP to daily admission fees. You know in advance what the fees are can make those choices.

Heck, even the NSCC has different fees for if you want to be a VIP, a Super VIP, and if you want to just come for a day. Sorry, Brian but that's truly capitalism at work.

Last edited by Rich Klein; 04-15-2023 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-15-2023, 11:10 AM
Rob

Lots of nice stuff yesterday, made a few small purchases.

I wasn't looking for much, mostly doing some price comparisons.

SGC couldn't make it due to heavy rain down their way. I will have to mail my sub, but it was good to see some familiar faces.

It's a show I always attend whether I plan on buying something or just window shop.