NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Default What good card shows are coming up in 2014?

Well, its a new year. So, what card shows do you recommend attending this year?

No need to mention the National or Philly shows since those are always on my list.

Each year there seems to be less and less. I wonder whether any new ones might pop up this year.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 01-06-2014, 03:29 PM
nels0n aud.et

my suggestion

boston shriners show
Old 01-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Shriners. Attended last year for the first time and loved it.

Buythatcard

Old 01-06-2014, 03:33 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

TriStar show in Houston later this month. They always have one in January and one in June, and the January one is usually the better of the two.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:42 PM
nels0n aud.et

OK
On my side i was present at the 2 last shriners show and really enjoy the trip and the show and meet every dealer and Net54 member.

But for the next show in march due to some health issue i will not be present.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Danny Smith

I'm going to try the Houston show for the first time this month. Chicago shows and the national are shows that I won't miss. I always enjoy the chantilly shows but they are a little light on pre-war.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Phil Garry

Only one, the National........
Old 01-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Luis

Anything on the west coast?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Paul Stewart

SF Tristar show April 25-27. Also, Mark Mcrae runs a couple of vintage shows in the Bay Area. Maybe he can give info and dates.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Rich Klein

Default Not on that level -- BUT

I won't say it's going to be a "good" show but I will say that we'll have fun with this.

And I'll post till I'm blue in the face

I got my temple (Adat Chaverimm in Plano TX) to run a show on March 9th. $25 tables, $1 suggested donations, confirmation of door prizes from Panini, Topps and Local Shows (we do have a proposed flyer but we're fixing some verbiage), free parking and refeshments available.

About 15-20 tables remain as of this morning.

Rich
Old 01-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Anthøny N. ex

The next Culver City show is in May.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Mark Macrae

Paul...Thanks for your plug. The dates for 2014 at St Leanders are June 21 and November 22.....For Washington residents, the WSSCA shows are in June and November. For So Cal, May and October (Anthony, Adam or Jason can advise of the dates)... Rich, good luck with your show. Getting a good selection of dealers is more important than quantity of tables. Too many of the 100 table + shows are disappointing....The National is probably the exception... and don't forget Cooperstown on Induction weekend, small but a better selection of vintage material than all of their shops combined....
Old 01-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Rich Klein

Default Mark

Our goal is 20-25 tables and I already know with the eight we have commitments to set up, there will be good selection. I'm including me in that mix but I also know who else has commitmed. And with our low table prices, I'm actually OK (and wish) to have one or two of those 1st timers who have good collector based items and would love the experience of being behind a table.

Once I get the flyer, I can send to the local newspapers for their "community events" sites. The Dallas Morning News has a "go' section for my local area than runs on Fridays and the Plano Star Courier is always looking for stories to run. If I can send them reasonably decently written copy, may even get extra pub that way. Plus I will be aggressive in posting on these news groups. Posting takes so little time for the effort. We are listed in the Beckett calendar and I think we got the listing in enough time to be in their magazines.

The best aspect is my goal for our men's club (non-proift group) is a modest $500 profit which means I'm not shooting for any moon so any amount above that is a benefit. THAT number I think we can hit without much effort.

And if we hit that number, my goal is to go 2-3 times a years but no more. I don't want to go monthy, plus I can not always get the room each month. I think one during spring break and one around labor day weekend (give or take) is the game plan which works going forward.

Plus, everyone on our men's club board loves the fact that other than a few things DURING the show weekend (Room Set up) and manning the floor and desk during the show and clean up, they have to do almost no heavy lifting. They all figure I have the expertise and we'll go from there.

And of course, although we have commitments for door prizes from the major manufacturers, I'm always looking for more. Leon, How about a few net 54 shirts (J/K)

Mark; If I'm missing anything -- please free to post or PM me. I'm OK with any and all help I can get

Rich
Old 01-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Arnie

They need to hold a Winter National Show in south Florida. Wouldnt the dealers all around the country love to get out of the cold and come to 70-80 degree weather in the winter?

And see girls wearing bikini's (and less) on South Beach!!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Mike Dugan

I can't believe that once again the National if the exact same dates as the annual SABR convention!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Rich Klein

Mike"

I hate when that happens
Old 01-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

What is a SABR convention?

Buythatcard

Old 01-08-2014, 07:46 PM

Isn't SABR the Baseball research convention ? They should have it in the same city the same week of the National, so you could attend both....

Last edited by Jewish-collector; 01-08-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:25 AM
Chris

Default SABR and Card National

The card national shows have a limited number of sites. SABR goes to a different city every year. I agree it would be nice if the 2 events did not coincide. This year SABR is in Houston and the National is in Cleveland. I'm in Ohio the choice is a no brainer for me.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Mike Dugan

Having them both in the same city would be the ultimate week for a baseball geek. I would fall into that category!

Rich we might need counseling after preparing our agendas for the week!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Tri Star this month in Houston.......

Scott B and myself will be attending the Tri-Star show in Houston later this month. We will be at the show mostly as collectors, however we will be there to pick up consignments for our nearing (Feb 24-Mar 8) Brockelman & Luckey auction too. Scott will be there Friday and I will be walking the floor Friday and Saturday.. looking for type cards I can't live without!! ... would love to meet any Net54baseball guys while there.

Last edited by Leon; 01-09-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins View Post
The next Culver City show is in May.
+1
JimB
Old 01-10-2014, 08:08 AM
B.ob L.amb

Default NEW Card Show in Deale, Maryland

We are proud to announce that we will be starting a monthly sports card and memorabilia show at the Deale Elks Lodge in Deale Maryland. Deale is located about 15 miles East of Washington DC in Anne Arundel County.OUR first show will be on Saturday February 22, 2014 from 9-3. We are hoping to start with 30+ dealer tables and expand from there. We will have a nice mix of dealers with a wide assortment of items. We will be bringing in a monthly autograph guest and our first guest will be Washington Redskins Great Mike Nelms. Mike will be appearing from 12-1 and will be $10 any item with 1 free inscription.

We are looking for dealers to set up at these shows. PM me if interested.

Thank You,
Bob Lamb/ Bases Are Empty

Deale Elks Lodge
6022 Drum Point Road
Deale, Md 20751

Last edited by basesareempty; 01-10-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

We've tentatively set May 3 for the next Culver City show. More to follow soon.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...