NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 10-06-2022, 07:52 AM

Default 1998/99 campbell soup cards

I am hoping that you all may be able to assist me in finding out some information regarding a sports card set from the late 1990's. I acquired a card of Al Hraboski back in 1998 when he was doing a tour of US military installations overseas. Many years later I came across this card in my collection and have been trying to find the rest of the cards in the set.

I have been through numerous card related sites but have not been able to even find a full list of the players in the set. I have managed to acquire several other cards but I dont even know who the players on the missing cards are. According the reverse of the cards there are a total of 16 in the 1998 series and 13 cards in the 1999 series. The reverse of the cards has ISM as the issuer of the cards for 5th and 6th annul DeCA The front also has Campbell's Soup Company as a sponsor.

I was hoping that someone from the company might be able to assist me with some more information in regards to the history of the set and the complete checklists so I can conduct more research into finding the remaining cards.

What I know so far for the 1998 set is:
--
Catfish Hunter
--
Duke Snider
Fergie Jenkins
Maury Wills
Phil Niekro
--
Goose Gossage
Gary Carter
Al Hraboski
--
--
George Foster
--
Jim Fregosi
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Joseph Soper

Get Outlook for Android
Old 10-06-2022, 09:06 AM

Old 10-06-2022, 01:12 PM
Al Richter

Not familiar with these sets and they are not listed in the SCD 2011 Catalog, the last one to include post 1980 listings. The Catalog does list a Tribute to Richie Ashburn sheet put out by Campbell's, The Phillies and Topps in 1988.

Hopefully someone will have better info for you

Something on COMC

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrF...Skuk7KN9THPg4-

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 10-06-2022 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:10 PM

All I can find is that they were released in 1998 AND 1999 and called "1998 Campbell's Soup Legends of Baseball Tour Baseball" and "1999 Campbell's Soup Legends of Baseball Tour Baseball", respectively.

Here's an example of the 1998 Wills on eBay. Here's a Wynn from 1999.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:39 PM

Ive been trying for about 4 years to figure out the rest of this set. I havent seen the remaining 6 cards in the set. I think Fred Lynnn is one of the missing ones but havent seen it yet. Guess I'll just keep scanning ebay and comc. Hopefully will come across a few more.
Old 10-07-2022, 07:19 PM
Curt

May have similar or identical checklist to the more common and very similar looking MCI card sets that were also used for promotion of military tours? Try matching up what you have to one of those checklists, if you have not done so already. Maybe there were multiple sponsors and some were much more scarce than others?
Old 10-07-2022, 09:34 PM

Nevermind, he's already on your checklist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98 campbell's soup gary carter.jpg (116.3 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 10-07-2022 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Didn't see player already on checklist
Old 10-11-2022, 08:01 PM
D@n Di.Pao.la

Posting some pics of fronts/backs would be very helpful when asking for assistance on a set that is n't listed....

Ron Leflore was also in the MCI ambassadors sets as they are referred to....they came frequesntly in signd and unsigned...probably his toughest beckett listed card for me to obtain of his outside of some team issued items form the 70's that are not confirmed with pics.