NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-23-2019, 10:58 AM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

Default PWCC Huigens Now Has a Criminal Defense Attorney

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...ting-with-fbi/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2019, 11:13 AM
Scott Russell

Rob, he got the information here lol.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-23-2019, 11:33 AM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

Ha! I saw the headline before I read the article. Was not aware he was a board member...
Old 07-23-2019, 11:42 AM
Scott Russell

Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 07-23-2019, 11:43 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Hopefully, Jeff’s involvement will lead to the exposure of all the criminals involved and their imprisonment. I think this ultimately will be a net positive for the hobby.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:54 AM
Scott Russell

Well if Jeff is representing some of the criminals I am going to go out on a limb and guess that he might be fighting against their imprisonment.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:00 PM
Dave Fa*st

A little surpised by this...but then again...not so much.

How the hell is PWCC still actively selling on eBay?
Old 07-23-2019, 12:01 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltman View Post
A little surpised by this...but then again...not so much.

How the hell is PWCC still actively selling on eBay?
See my signature line.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:03 PM
John Wondowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Well if Jeff is representing some of the criminals I am going to go out on a limb and guess that he might be fighting against their imprisonment.
Of course. Brent hires an adept attorney to help figure out the best way to save his ass. It may or may not have a positive long term affect on the hobby (as is being advertised), but I pretty certain Brent isn't interested in that. But if it does benefit the hobby and folks get restitution, the pitchforks will be lowered somewhat, which can only be a positive for Brent's future wardrobe.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:07 PM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
It may or may not have a positive long term affect on the hobby (as is being advertised), but I pretty certain Brent isn't interested in that.
Truer words have never been spoken. Brent isn't, hasn't and won't ever be interested in the long-term affect on the hobby.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:10 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
Truer words have never been spoken. Brent isn't, hasn't and won't ever be interested in the long-term affect on the hobby.
Nope... just maximizing the money. And screwing collectors over, no matter what the cost.

His sad letter on conservation (once the waters got hot) is proof alone of this. And any “good deeds” he’s doing now (refunds + acknowledgement of misrepresentation) are being done at the firm instruction of his legal team.

A classic case of changing one’s tune, only because they were caught.

Last edited by perezfan; 07-23-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:26 PM
Dave Fa*st

I'd have to go back to the beginning of the PWCC debacle. But could swear Jeff made not just one or two, but numerous comments negatively towards Brent. Ahh, to be a criminal defense attorney in the good ol' USA.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:38 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
He's still up to no good, witness his recent attempt to sell the altered T3 Cobb even after he knew it was tainted. Had the consignor not insisted it be taken down, he would have sold it to some unsuspecting collector.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-23-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:40 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
He's still up to no good, witness his recent attempt to sell the altered T3 Cobb even after he knew it was tainted. Had the consignor not insisted it be taken down, he would have sold it to some unsuspecting collector.
Is he still going through with the tax avoidance vault?
Old 07-23-2019, 12:43 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Is he still going through with the tax avoidance vault?
I would presume so although I don't know if people are still comfortable sending cards to it.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:47 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltman View Post
I'd have to go back to the beginning of the PWCC debacle. But could swear Jeff made not just one or two, but numerous comments negatively towards Brent. Ahh, to be a criminal defense attorney in the good ol' USA.
Absolutely brilliant move by Brent and Betsy. They've bought the silence of one of their loudest critics, and likely the most powerful when it comes to connections with law enforcement.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:51 PM

So I am thinking of sending my collection to this vault in Oregon, what do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondo View Post
But if it does benefit the hobby and folks get restitution, the pitchforks will be lowered somewhat, which can only be a positive for Brent's future wardrobe.
I hope the pitchforks aim true. I would like to see repercussions as well as restitution.

Keep fighting the good fight BODA - the tide seems to be turning. Thanks again
Old 07-23-2019, 12:54 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
So I am thinking of sending my collection to this vault in Oregon, what do you guys think?

I hope the pitchforks aim true. I would like to see repercussions as well as restitution.

Keep fighting the good fight BODA - the tide seems to be turning. Thanks again
I still don't understand how the vault thing works? There are still many auction companies that DONT charge tax that I win stuff from. So, whats the advantage?
Old 07-23-2019, 01:02 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
I still don't understand how the vault thing works? There are still many auction companies that DONT charge tax that I win stuff from. So, whats the advantage?
I am not a tax lawyer, but if you buy from an AH that doesn't yet charge sales tax but ships to you, you still owe tax to your home state if it charges it. If the card is shipped to a state that doesn't charge sales tax such as Oregon, you may not owe tax to your home state at least at that point. Please correct me if I have this wrong.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-23-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:10 PM

Jay, I was totally joking. I will no longer bid or buy from PWCC, so the last thing I would do is send my cards to them! I guess my "joke" missed the mark. I just hope the pitchforks have better aim!
Old 07-23-2019, 01:36 PM
Jeff

Don't forget the sarcasm font.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 07-23-2019, 01:52 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Last edited by samosa4u; 07-23-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:04 PM
Martin
Martin L.ee

Good luck to everyone involved

Last edited by Goudey77; 07-23-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:43 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Guys, if you don't mind, I'd like to keep discussions about me limited to my dealings with cards. I come to this board to discuss cards and nothing else in my life and it's an oasis for me in an otherwise stressful career for this reason.

If that's too much for some of you to handle, I'll no longer post about the hobby-related cases, etc. I'm involved in or respond to questions. I hope you can understand that I'm not going to make myself available to discuss these issues with you all while also having to deal with every idiot who posts about my other cases, etc.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:53 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Hopefully, Jeff’s involvement will lead to the exposure of all the criminals involved and their imprisonment. I think this ultimately will be a net positive for the hobby.
Hopefully, Santa Claus will come down the chimney December 25th too.

It will all be swept under the rug don't worry.

BUSINESS
AS
USUAL.

Including recoloring, trimming and soaking in chemicals. Whatever it takes to keep PSA & PWCC in business with ZERO ramifications for their business plans to ALWAYS have new cards popping out of THIN AIR, just like they have been doing. You can count on it.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:56 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Guys, if you don't mind, I'd like to keep discussions about me limited to my dealings with cards. I come to this board to discuss cards and nothing else in my life and it's an oasis for me in an otherwise stressful career for this reason.

If that's too much for some of you to handle, I'll no longer post about the hobby-related cases, etc. I'm involved in or respond to questions. I hope you can understand that I'm not going to make myself available to discuss these issues with you all while also having to deal with every idiot who posts about my other cases, etc.
Agreed. You should not have to do that. Total BS.
They are water under the bridge....just like this one is.

It's already passed and over with now that you're on the case.

Like I said, It's just hard to swallow, maybe it's the Novocain
Old 07-23-2019, 02:57 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
Hopefully, Santa Claus will come down the chimney December 25th too.

It will all be swept under the rug don't worry.

BUSINESS
AS
USUAL.

Including recoloring, trimming and soaking in chemicals. Whatever it takes to keep PSA & PWCC in business with ZERO ramifications for their business plans to ALWAYS have new cards popping out of THIN AIR, just like they have been doing. You can count on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS3O5zg290k

Old 07-23-2019, 03:04 PM
Dave Fa*st

Quote:

I think everyone understands you can no longer comment on this case on this forum. It’s just not going to stop everyone else from putting in their two cents.

As far as PWCC, Those that can afford upper echelon council have always retained such. That’s always been the American way too.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:40 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:

That's a fair request everyone should honor.

I'm not sure how this situation moves too far along without PWCC throwing PSA under the bus. Seems inevitable that your role is not only to defend PWCC, but establish the rules of how baseball cards are graded and authenticated. Can you divulge if PSA's attorney is cooperating with the FBI?

Let's be clear here, PWCC never encapsulated an altered card, PSA did. If PSA has deficiencies in detecting altered cards, that is not PWCC's fault, nor any other 1,000's of submitter's.

There are some very important precedence's that could be established from this case. Most of which, IMO, could be good for the industry. Your carrying a big torch here Jeff, and it appears you are prepared.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:42 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

My only question would be, what took him so long?
Old 07-23-2019, 03:43 PM
Frank
Fra.nk Anth0ny

Very interesting that a guy who thought all this was a ripoff, then decides to represent this guy who ripped off collectors. As a collector I would think you would have thought about what you are doing before taking the job of sticking collectors with their altered stinking cards. Disgrace.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:44 PM
Ben North

Quote:

I am sure Mr Lichtman will do what is best for the hobby and his client who was obviously used by less than honest card doctors.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:49 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
Very interesting that a guy who thought all this was a ripoff, then decides to represent this guy who ripped off collectors. As a collector I would think you would have thought about what you are doing before taking the job of sticking collectors with their altered stinking cards. Disgrace.
I also mentioned the fact about lack of lawsuits and he was always criticizing my posts saying that means nothing and there was lots of harm done despite that and now im sure he will say that the situations sucks but people got their money back and issue is over..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-23-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:49 PM
Frank
Fra.nk Anth0ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I am sure Mr Lichtman will do what is best for the hobby and his client who was obviously used by less than honest card doctors.
Is this post a joke or what. Are you that naive?
Old 07-23-2019, 03:51 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Absolutely brilliant move by Brent and Betsy. They've bought the silence of one of their loudest critics, and likely the most powerful when it comes to connections with law enforcement.

I agree. If Brent listens and does everything Jeff tells him to do, this is an absolute masterstroke.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:51 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
If Mr. Lichtman is required to choose a course of action that is in the best interest of his client but not in the best interest of the hobby, I am pretty confident I know which one he will choose.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:53 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
And it's all PSA's fault, not his, don't forget. If PSA passes an altered card, it's no problem to sell it even if you altered it yourself or know that your consignor did.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-23-2019 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:56 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
If Mr. Lichtman is required to choose a course of action that is in the best interest of his client but not in the best interest of the hobby, I am pretty confident I know which one he will choose.
Well in the end it will be good for the hobby because jeff will make enough on this case to buy plenty of more high value cards which is good for the hobby to see prices go up...
Old 07-23-2019, 03:57 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Since Brent by definition is good for the hobby, that conflict will never arise.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:58 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
Is this post a joke or what. Are you that naive?
Ben is kidding.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:59 PM
Ben North

Quote:
And it's all PSA's fault, not his, don't forget. If PSA passes an altered card, it's no problem to sell it even if you altered it yourself or know that your consignor did.
That is so obvious I didn't think I would have to mention it.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:06 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
That is so obvious I didn't think I would have to mention it.
I may have to bring my neighbor Susan C the professional restorer some cards to work on. If she can get them into higher grade slabs, which surely she can, I can sell them and sleep easy because it's all PSA's fault.

Old 07-23-2019, 04:12 PM
K@t Alex@nder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Don't forget the sarcasm font.
Well said.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:27 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
if mr. Lichtman is required to choose a course of action that is in the best interest of his client but not in the best interest of the hobby, i am pretty confident i know which one he is legally obligated to choose.
fyp

Old 07-23-2019, 04:37 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:

If I'm following all of this correctly (you openly criticizing Brent and his actions then taking him - as his money - as a client), then it sounds like you should have thought about this request before shitting on your own doorstep.

If I have it wrong, by all means someone please correct me.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:51 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
See my signature line.
This is absolutely unbelievable, Mind boggling, staggering....What about all of the threads and posts bashing PWCC that he made? Now, he's Huigen's attorney?? Wow, only in America I guess....What a crock of hypocritical bull shit.....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 07-23-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:00 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
This is absolutely unbelievable, Mind boggling, staggering....What about all of the threads and posts bashing PWCC that he made? Now, he's Huigen's attorney?? Wow, only in America I guess....
I dont think its a big deal on that. He can do what he wants. In the real world he looks fine, more than fine actually. Sounds like can do big things actually with the hobby. I think many (not net54 posters but the people in the real world )would be envious of the job he will be doing. If he didnt take it there would of been TONS of others that would of wanted that job.

However, he loses just about every argument he says on net54 now with posters in the past given the hypocritical nature of all. Tough to know what he really believes

But if losing all arguments on net54 is the negative, the positive is the tons of money he will make and continue to buy cards most of us will never sniff and its just at the expense of being net54 bait..

Most people would choose the job and the money. Is net54 bait really that bad thing to be? Lots of people rather have the big money and the job..even if the job is stressful as he said....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-23-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:02 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Huigens is obviously doing this for two reasons- one, Lichtman's prowess as an attorney, and two, Lichtman's strong knowledge of the sports card trade. Having said that, can his public posts and tirades towards PWCC come back and haunt him in the end.....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 07-23-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:02 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
If I'm following all of this correctly (you openly criticizing Brent and his actions then taking him - as his money - as a client), then it sounds like you should have thought about this request before shitting on your own doorstep.

If I have it wrong, by all means someone please correct me.
This is my take. Brent who was obviously taken advantage of because of his kind and generous heart. Contacted Mr Lichtman and explained how he was taken advantage of. Mr Lichtman realized how he could help the hobby by exposing those evil people who took advantage of his naive client.

It is obvious that PSA is the one at fault here. Brent didn't encapsulate any of the 10-15 bad cards that got past PSA.

Now Brent feels so bad that he was taken advantage of he is trying to get those 10-15 people their money back.

Now in the best interest of the hobby we should never speak of this tiny insignificant error ever again.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:05 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Huigens is obviously doing this for two reasons- one, Lichtman's prowess as an attorney, and two, Lichtman's strong knowledge of the sports card trade. Having said that, can his public posts and tirades towards PWCC come back and haunt him in the end.....
The posts mean ZERO in the real world outside of net54 to me....he just looks bad on net54... for his case, zero impact..