NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Default Fixing the Doctored Reprint Problem

Posted By: Brian Engelhard

I just sent an email to Ebay requesting they add a sub-category under (singles Pre-1930) specifically for Reprints. I expect Ebay will ignore my suggestion, but I'm hoping if they get the same or similar suggestions from other Ebayers, they may listen and perhaps implement. I'm pessimistic but the suggestion can't hurt.

Here is a link to contact Ebay:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

Here is the message I sent, feel free to copy or alter:

There are so many reprint and altered reprints of vintage cards. Many of these cards are disclosed as such. However, these cards frequently cause confusion for prospective buyers attempting to search for authentic vintage cards. Please add a sub-catergory titled "reprints" under this catergory: http://sports-cards.listings.ebay.com/Baseball-MLB_Singles-Pre-1930_W0QQfromZR4QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQsacatZ31717QQsoc mdZListingItemList

thanks

Brian

Old 06-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

as long as its gonna grade them anyway

Old 06-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Howie

I recently sent Ebay a similar suggestion but reprints are a problem from all years and sports. Suggesting that Ebay puts a sub-category for reprints under all the different categories like Singles pre-1930 is not the answer. You'd have to have a reprint category under each and every sub-category. The only thing that should be in a pre-1930 category is cards made pre-1930. Modern reprints don't belong there and shouldn't even be allowed to fall under the main CARDS category.

The main page for the Sportscards and Memorabilia is here http://sports-cards.ebay.com/

_Autographs-Original_
Baseball-MLB
Basketball-NBA
Basketball-WNBA
Boxing
College-NCAA
Display Cases
Football-NFL
Golf
Hockey-NHL
Hockey-Other
Olympics
Racing-Formula 1
Racing-NASCAR
Racing-NHRA
Racing-Other
Rugby
Soccer
Tennis
Wrestling-WWE
Other

_Autographs-Reprints_

Cards
Baseball-Minors
Baseball-MLB
Baseball-Negro Leagues
Basketball-NBA
Basketball-WNBA
Boxing
etopps
Football-CFL
Football-NFL
Golf
Hockey-Minors
Hockey-NHL
Olympics
Racing-NASCAR
Racing-Other
Soccer
Tennis
Wrestling-WWE
Storage, Display Supplies
Other

Bad autographs were a huge problem for Ebay so it's interesting to see how they handled them. They created a category just for them. They don't fall under a generic Autographs category. There's a category for Autographs-Original and Autographs-Reprints. They could do the exact same thing with Cards, Cards-Original and Cards-Reprints. All the reprints, cards offered as possible reprints or any other authenticity disclaimer, from all years and sports completely out from under a category that's only intended for originals. After that when reprints are found under orginal card categories like pre-1930's you keep turning them in to Ebay and the listers will eventually learn that they have to list them in the right place. In their own reprint category not to be confused with and sold next to originals.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

That makes sense. Easy questions to see if they'll do it.

1. Will they make more money?

.....well, that was only one question but I don't think they know of another....nice topic and nice try.....doubt they'll do it, hope they will....regards

Old 06-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: sagard

I'm going to parrot the message to Ebay advising them to do a job similar to what they did with autographs.

Adding the graded card sections has helped a lot, but creating a reprint or "this isn't professionally graded, so I'm selling it as a reprint" section would be very helpful.