NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on Ebay
Babe Ruth Cards
t206 Ty Cobb
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Baseball T201-T217
Baseball E90-E107
T205 Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Goudey Cards
Vintage Baseball Memorabilia
Baseball Exhibit Cards
Baseball Strip Cards
Baseball Baking Cards
Sporting News Cards
Play Ball Cards
Joe DiMaggio Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Bowman 1951-1955
Football Cards

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 08-03-2020, 02:41 PM
ooo-ribay's Avatar
ooo-ribay ooo-ribay is online now
Rob
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake
Posts: 3,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I think the "artist" just gave up when he got around to the Yankees and Phillies.
Glad you put quotes around "artist."
__________________
if you can help with SF Giants items (no cards), let me send you my wantlist!
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 09-20-2020, 01:32 PM
doug.goodman doug.goodman is offline
Doug Goodman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Back on the road after 505 days of the Zombie Apocalypse
Posts: 3,482
Default

I found this buried in my stuff yesterday, I picked it up on ebay years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gaylord Perry Peanut Farm bag small.jpg (76.2 KB, 776 views)
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 09-20-2020, 03:53 PM
ooo-ribay's Avatar
ooo-ribay ooo-ribay is online now
Rob
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake
Posts: 3,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
I found this buried in my stuff yesterday, I picked it up on ebay years ago.
I have one of those, too.

I also have this. I believe this is the same album released on Fantasy Records. I love how they labeled it "Educational Material" to get the Media Mail rate (9.5 cents). Like none of us has ever done that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-09-20 04.50.54.jpg (73.5 KB, 756 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-09-20 04.51.09.jpg (72.0 KB, 760 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-09-20 04.51.22.jpg (73.3 KB, 752 views)
__________________
if you can help with SF Giants items (no cards), let me send you my wantlist!
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 02-26-2021, 11:12 AM
GaryS's Avatar
GaryS GaryS is offline
Gary S
member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Cranford NJ, Jersey City, Bronx
Posts: 5
Default Yankee Vendor Hats

Hats worn by vendors at Yankee Stadium, probably in the 1950's. I also have one framed with a vendor shirt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yankee vendor hats.jpg (75.3 KB, 689 views)
File Type: jpg Vendor hat and shirt.jpg (64.5 KB, 700 views)
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 02-26-2021, 11:25 AM
icollectDCsports's Avatar
icollectDCsports icollectDCsports is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Hats worn by vendors at Yankee Stadium, probably in the 1950's. I also have one framed with a vendor shirt.
Love ballpark vendor memorabilia. Thank you for sharing the photos.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 02-26-2021, 01:59 PM
ooo-ribay's Avatar
ooo-ribay ooo-ribay is online now
Rob
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake
Posts: 3,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icollectDCsports View Post
Love ballpark vendor memorabilia. Thank you for sharing the photos.
I love it too! How did you acquire those treasures?
__________________
if you can help with SF Giants items (no cards), let me send you my wantlist!
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 02-26-2021, 03:58 PM
GaryS's Avatar
GaryS GaryS is offline
Gary S
member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Cranford NJ, Jersey City, Bronx
Posts: 5
Default

I got them at various times over the years....
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 06-10-2021, 03:56 PM
ooo-ribay's Avatar
ooo-ribay ooo-ribay is online now
Rob
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake
Posts: 3,782
Default

Just picked up the bottom right. These are what batsballsbases (Al) says I keep my pinback money in . Also a picture of the staff. Pretty sure these were not "happy ending" type massages.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021-06-10 04.57.47.jpg (76.0 KB, 603 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (76.0 KB, 604 views)
__________________
if you can help with SF Giants items (no cards), let me send you my wantlist!
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 06-10-2021, 07:16 PM
cubman1941 cubman1941 is offline
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kingsport Tennessee
Posts: 948
Default

These are really cool!! Great find.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 06-13-2021, 02:37 PM
Djcmac1 Djcmac1 is offline
member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 88
Default Odd ball

It’s not baseball but I do love my mego! Broadway joe!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D4D0F54B-A306-48B3-BA1C-494FEC225084.jpg (18.0 KB, 526 views)
File Type: jpg 2F45CA4A-A181-49F9-95C6-007734547AA4.jpg (16.4 KB, 529 views)
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 06-26-2021, 02:08 PM
Exhibitman's Avatar
Exhibitman Exhibitman is offline
Ad@m W@r$h@w
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Beautiful Downtown Burbank
Posts: 10,165
Default



This is a photo taken June 9, 1911. I found it in a box of photos that my mother had stuffed in a closet. It apparently was part of a photo album of my grandmother's. That kid in the front with the glasses...that is my grandfather, about 13 years old. He was born in a tenement on the Lower East Side and never left Manhattan. So it is a new item for me even though we've had it in the family for 110 years. He died when I was 4 so I have few memories of him but I do recall that he used to do sleight of hand magic tricks with a lit cigar and that he took me with him once on his beat (he was in law enforcement), which was meatpacking district. I recall getting a hot dog fresh off the line at one of them. He was a fantastic grandfather. I wish I'd gotten to spend more years with him. So this photo was quite the find for me.
__________________
At ten all I thought about was card collecting. At twenty all I thought about was women. At thirty all I thought about was success. At forty all I thought about was money. Now all I think about is retirement...because all I want to think about is card collecting!
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 06-26-2021, 07:32 PM
icollectDCsports's Avatar
icollectDCsports icollectDCsports is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
He was a fantastic grandfather. I wish I'd gotten to spend more years with him. So this photo was quite the find for me.
Powerful stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 06-27-2021, 02:12 AM
CarltonHendricks's Avatar
CarltonHendricks CarltonHendricks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,034
Default got one

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Hats worn by vendors at Yankee Stadium, probably in the 1950's. I also have one framed with a vendor shirt.
https://www.sportsantiques.com/joedpopcornvend.htm
I picked up one of those at a show at Mosconi Center San Francisco 30 years ago...got DiMaggio to sign it while I roomed him...see story above...I remember he asked me if it was my hat...like did I sell popcorn at Yankee Stadium...I just told him I bought at a card show...
__________________
Do you read Sports Antique of the Week? Check it out on my site SportsAntiques.com/Antique of the Week

Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 06-27-2021, 02:15 AM
CarltonHendricks's Avatar
CarltonHendricks CarltonHendricks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post


This is a photo taken June 9, 1911. I found it in a box of photos that my mother had stuffed in a closet. It apparently was part of a photo album of my grandmother's. That kid in the front with the glasses...that is my grandfather, about 13 years old. He was born in a tenement on the Lower East Side and never left Manhattan. So it is a new item for me even though we've had it in the family for 110 years. He died when I was 4 so I have few memories of him but I do recall that he used to do sleight of hand magic tricks with a lit cigar and that he took me with him once on his beat (he was in law enforcement), which was meatpacking district. I recall getting a hot dog fresh off the line at one of them. He was a fantastic grandfather. I wish I'd gotten to spend more years with him. So this photo was quite the find for me.
Love that story...
__________________
Do you read Sports Antique of the Week? Check it out on my site SportsAntiques.com/Antique of the Week

Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 06-27-2021, 03:43 AM
orioles70's Avatar
orioles70 orioles70 is online now
John
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 474
Default

Feel free to delete if this isn't oddball enough.

Back in 1986 I ordered one of these card hats from Fleer thru their wrapper offer...I put some Fleer Famous Feats cards in it and even wore it to a couple regional card shows back then...I still have it but I have never seen another one...was I the only one who spent $3 on this thing or the only one who is willing to admit it?

Until proven otherwise, I will claim this is the only one that still exists...The Holy Grail of Baseball Card Haberdashery!

I just can't imagine why these didn't catch on...who wouldn't want to bend and squeeze 8 of their most prized cards into sections of a cheaply designed plastic and cloth hat and proudly wear them on their head? Of course if you did, you would need to rely on the skills of your local weather prognosticator or have easy access to an umbrella at all times. Rumor is rain soaked cards rarely grade well.

I have been collecting for 50+ years and have had the good fortune of moving only once since 1970 and that was less than 15 miles. So tough decisions of what to keep and what to toss have never been an issue for me. I knew I had kept practically all my financial records since I was old enough to have a bank account and they were still in my attic. I originally posted a pic of this hat last year in another group as a joke but now I can't stop thinking about this silly thing and I wondered if I still had the check I wrote for it back in 1986 (if you are under age 30 ask your parents what a check is or google it). So I trek up to the attic earlier this year, move around some boxes and start opening...and within 15 minutes I find my 1986 bank statements and upon opening the June statement I find the cancelled check for $2.95 made out to P.T.A!! I have attached a copy of that cancelled check from the little local bank that ceased to exist decades ago.

So I can now display the original check with my hat and wrapper...however, my judgement in not only keeping such an ugly hat for 35 years but also the record of its purchase and displaying it does seriously call into question my overall sanity.

Does anybody else have one of these hats or ever seen one?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 06-27-2021, 07:39 AM
rgpete's Avatar
rgpete rgpete is offline
Ronald Glenn
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Eastern N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)
Posts: 1,271
Default

1983 All Star Luncheon NBC Pamphlet Vin Scully and Joe Garagiola as Broadcasters
Attached Images
File Type: jpg all star 001.jpg (72.7 KB, 468 views)
File Type: jpg all star 003.jpg (68.3 KB, 463 views)
File Type: jpg all star 002.jpg (78.6 KB, 460 views)
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 06-27-2021, 08:22 AM
Mark70Z's Avatar
Mark70Z Mark70Z is offline
M@rk Comer
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles70 View Post
Feel free to delete if this isn't oddball enough.

Back in 1986 I ordered one of these card hats from Fleer thru their wrapper offer...I put some Fleer Famous Feats cards in it and even wore it to a couple regional card shows back then...I still have it but I have never seen another one...was I the only one who spent $3 on this thing or the only one who is willing to admit it?

Until proven otherwise, I will claim this is the only one that still exists...The Holy Grail of Baseball Card Haberdashery!

I just can't imagine why these didn't catch on...who wouldn't want to bend and squeeze 8 of their most prized cards into sections of a cheaply designed plastic and cloth hat and proudly wear them on their head? Of course if you did, you would need to rely on the skills of your local weather prognosticator or have easy access to an umbrella at all times. Rumor is rain soaked cards rarely grade well.

I have been collecting for 50+ years and have had the good fortune of moving only once since 1970 and that was less than 15 miles. So tough decisions of what to keep and what to toss have never been an issue for me. I knew I had kept practically all my financial records since I was old enough to have a bank account and they were still in my attic. I originally posted a pic of this hat last year in another group as a joke but now I can't stop thinking about this silly thing and I wondered if I still had the check I wrote for it back in 1986 (if you are under age 30 ask your parents what a check is or google it). So I trek up to the attic earlier this year, move around some boxes and start opening...and within 15 minutes I find my 1986 bank statements and upon opening the June statement I find the cancelled check for $2.95 made out to P.T.A!! I have attached a copy of that cancelled check from the little local bank that ceased to exist decades ago.

So I can now display the original check with my hat and wrapper...however, my judgement in not only keeping such an ugly hat for 35 years but also the record of its purchase and displaying it does seriously call into question my overall sanity.

Does anybody else have one of these hats or ever seen one?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
John,

I think that is oddball enough or possibly the definition of oddball.

Personally I’ve never seen one and likely wouldn’t have had the guts back in the day to wear the thing….
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 06-27-2021, 08:55 AM
roarfrom34 roarfrom34 is online now
Bill H@e1ig
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,201
Default

A few Oriole related oddball pieces...

A hard hat worn by one of the project managers during the construction of Camden Yards:



Jacket worn by Mike Boddicker during the filming of a McDonald's commercial (with both Orioles & Redskins players) back in March of 1984:



Esskay hot dog vendor box that was gifted to HOF announcer Chuck Thompson after the team left Memorial Stadium:


Last edited by roarfrom34; 06-27-2021 at 09:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 06-27-2021, 10:22 AM
ooo-ribay's Avatar
ooo-ribay ooo-ribay is online now
Rob
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake
Posts: 3,782
Default

That crappy hat is awesome!!!!

I love the hot dog box, too. At 9:00 in the morning, it’s making me crave a hotdog.
__________________
if you can help with SF Giants items (no cards), let me send you my wantlist!
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 06-27-2021, 11:12 AM
jcmtiger's Avatar
jcmtiger jcmtiger is offline
Joe M.
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,927
Default Tiger Stadium Usher Hat & USHER Pin

My son got these for me while at Tiger game. Purchased from Usher. Usher Hat & Tie Tac.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 867D82A3-47FE-472F-BB2F-41890A8E0937.jpg (10.2 KB, 443 views)
File Type: jpg 9AEDBF52-F234-4A6C-B81A-B58D194E0461.jpg (20.9 KB, 453 views)
__________________
"Ty Cobb, Spikes Flying"

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 06-27-2021, 05:50 PM
ooo-ribay's Avatar
ooo-ribay ooo-ribay is online now
Rob
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake
Posts: 3,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post
My son got these for me while at Tiger game. Purchased from Usher. Usher Hat & Tie Tac.
At a recent game? Like the usher just sold the hat off his head?
__________________
if you can help with SF Giants items (no cards), let me send you my wantlist!
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 06-27-2021, 07:44 PM
jcmtiger's Avatar
jcmtiger jcmtiger is offline
Joe M.
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
At a recent game? Like the usher just sold the hat off his head?
About 10 years ago, yes, just sold the hat & pin to my son.
__________________
"Ty Cobb, Spikes Flying"

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 06-27-2021, 07:47 PM
ooo-ribay's Avatar
ooo-ribay ooo-ribay is online now
Rob
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake
Posts: 3,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post
About 10 years ago, yes, just sold the hat & pin to my son.
That’s funny. He must have told the boss, “my hat blew off and I lost my tie tac chasing it.’
__________________
if you can help with SF Giants items (no cards), let me send you my wantlist!
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 06-28-2021, 02:52 PM
Hankphenom Hankphenom is offline
Hank Thomas
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post
About 10 years ago, yes, just sold the hat & pin to my son.
Man, that's the way to go out! Did your son ask or did the usher offer? How much?
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 06-28-2021, 09:42 PM
jcmtiger's Avatar
jcmtiger jcmtiger is offline
Joe M.
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
Man, that's the way to go out! Did your son ask or did the usher offer? How much?
Pretty sure my son asked to buy the hat & pin. He went with me for years when he was a about 11 or 12 years old to flea markets antique shows, card shows & peoples homes that had items for sale. That was a big part of building my collection He picked up a Coke machine & Pepsi machine having them refurbished. Great Son.
__________________
"Ty Cobb, Spikes Flying"

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 07-01-2021, 04:28 PM
UKCardGuy's Avatar
UKCardGuy UKCardGuy is offline
Gary
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: London, UK
Posts: 483
Default

How about a 1960s Bambino Pinto Beans burlap sack for oddball.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210701_222307.jpg (71.0 KB, 369 views)
__________________
Working on the following sets: W554, 1955B, 1961T, 1970T and 1973T
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 07-01-2021, 07:41 PM
doug.goodman doug.goodman is offline
Doug Goodman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Back on the road after 505 days of the Zombie Apocalypse
Posts: 3,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCardGuy View Post
How about a 1960s Bambino Pinto Beans burlap sack for oddball.
I love that!
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 07-02-2021, 09:46 AM
Bumpus Jones Bumpus Jones is offline
chris
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 929
Default

Oddballiss Chainsawiss
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1982 stihl chainsaw reds ad(8).jpg (80.7 KB, 334 views)
File Type: jpg 1982 stihl chainsaw reds ad(1).jpg (84.1 KB, 329 views)
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 10-03-2021, 11:24 AM
ooo-ribay's Avatar
ooo-ribay ooo-ribay is online now
Rob
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Salt Lake
Posts: 3,782
Default

I love that someone would still have a shirt, dry cleaned 60+ years ago and wrapped with a 1959 Giants schedule.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021-10-03 00.36.57.jpg (70.5 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg 2021-10-03 00.37.08.jpg (75.7 KB, 254 views)
__________________
if you can help with SF Giants items (no cards), let me send you my wantlist!
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 10-05-2021, 06:48 PM
Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey's Avatar
Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey is offline
Mike
member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Carolina's
Posts: 146
Default

I can't believe I just now stumbled across this post, awesome stuff everyone!!!!! Right up my alley, here are my meager and random contributions......

(1) Mickey Mantle penny crushing machine penny

(2) Random Scorecard from sporting goods company

(3) Autographed Don Mattingly's restaurant coaster

(4) Along the elephant trail Philadelphia Athletics newsletter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mantle penny.jpg (53.5 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg mantle penny back.jpg (44.0 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg lucky dog scorecard.jpg (46.8 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg scorecard back.jpg (35.2 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg scorecard inside.jpg (78.7 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg don mattinglys coaster.jpg (62.0 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg elephant trail.jpg (74.8 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg elephant trail2.jpg (61.6 KB, 201 views)
__________________
"Guys, hitting is not about muscle. It's simple physics. Calculate the velocity, v, in relation to the trajectory, t, in which g, gravity, of course remains a constant. [Hits a home run] It's not complicated." - George Costanza https://youtu.be/SZz_rbAmfmY
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 10-14-2021, 12:46 AM
CarltonHendricks's Avatar
CarltonHendricks CarltonHendricks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,034
Default I got esniped



meant to cancel snipe on this...forgot...I ended up with it...
__________________
Do you read Sports Antique of the Week? Check it out on my site SportsAntiques.com/Antique of the Week

Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 10-15-2021, 10:56 AM
mrreality68's Avatar
mrreality68 mrreality68 is offline
Jeffrey Kuhr
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,649
Default

This is one of the better posts.

Love seeing all the oddball items and the stories many come with.
__________________
Thanks all

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Kuhr@mac.com

Looking for
1921/22 Ruth Throwing Pose "Babe" and George
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
1917 Boston Store Babe Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1914 E & S Publishing Card Joe Jackson
other Joe Jackson playing day cards
1914 CJ Christy Christopher Mathewson
1911 M110 Sporting Life Cobb and Wagner Cards
1908 Rose Postcard Ty Cobb
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 10-15-2021, 10:52 PM
jcmtiger's Avatar
jcmtiger jcmtiger is offline
Joe M.
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Some oddball Cardinals stuff....

Dizzy Dean Ashtray, circa 1930s
Cardinals Pinback, with rare "Bird in Cage" Dangler
Cardinals Ashtray, circa 1940s (Circular version)
Cardinals Ashtray, circa 1940s (Square version)
Cardinals Statue, circa 1931
Had the red Cardinal piece found at flea market 30 years ago, since sold
__________________
"Ty Cobb, Spikes Flying"

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 10-17-2021, 07:11 AM
mrreality68's Avatar
mrreality68 mrreality68 is offline
Jeffrey Kuhr
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,649
Default

Now you guys have me thinking

I might have some odd balls.

Have to find them if I have them I will post them
__________________
Thanks all

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Kuhr@mac.com

Looking for
1921/22 Ruth Throwing Pose "Babe" and George
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
1917 Boston Store Babe Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1914 E & S Publishing Card Joe Jackson
other Joe Jackson playing day cards
1914 CJ Christy Christopher Mathewson
1911 M110 Sporting Life Cobb and Wagner Cards
1908 Rose Postcard Ty Cobb
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:45 AM.


ebay GSB