NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 AM
Administrator

Default Has this T206 Cobb Green been trimmed?

Posted By: Marty

T206 Green Cobb

This card seems quite nice, but I'm concerned that the edges may have been trimmed. Makes no sense that the seller hasn't had the card graded before listing it. On the other hand, he's got great feedback.

Anyone with sharp eyes have opinions?

Thanks!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

wouldn't this question be better ask to the seller? he did give an unconditional guarantee...

my opinion is there's some concern he knows of grading but didn't get the card graded. card looks fine and about VG from at least one wrinkle that i could see. ultimately because of the nice appeal card will go for a premium and not worth the gamble...you could probably find a nice 3/40 in holder for about the same price as what this card end at...and don't have to sweat how the raw card will be ship/if there's any more crease/wrinkle not seen/sending it in for grading/if there's anything wrong will the seller who hasn't sold anything for 1.5 years do the right thing etc etc...

on the bright side if you can spoon out the wrinkle it's a 4 or possible 5 and you would've bought it for a VG price...which i'm sure that's the angle some people are thinking.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

what Quan said....Not sure about the "spooning" but I guess some folks do it....I know I have an E92 Dockman Young that someone tried it on...you can see the shiny part of the wrinkle. Idiots...