NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Default Thanks to everyone

Posted By: skydash

I want to publicly thank everyone on this forum for all the help you've provided me over the past 6 weeks.I've gotten quite the education(like drinking water out of a fire hose)but I'm a quick study.Special thanks to 3 people in particular(you know who you are). I am in the final stages of choosing an auction venue for this collection and all of your advice was and is appreciated.Skydash

Old 09-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Peck

Thank you for a very interesting few weeks! Can you let us know when your auction house selection is final?

Old 09-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Please email me before you make a selection.....I have some info for you concerning auction houses....good luck...

Old 09-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

Good Luck to you and your collection

Jimmy

Old 09-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: skydash

Yes Peck,I will.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Sky, I wouldn't exactly call Leon an impartial person when it comes to auction houses, so take anything he says with a grain of salt. I am sure he will push you hard to go with Mastro and given their recent history, you need to think long and hard about going with them.

Jay

The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Administrator

I think any of our advertisers would do especially good with this collection. They are certainly advertising in the right place ....And glad you continually run up the page view count on the board....It's always appreciated...You are one small part of the reason this is the best chat board on the internet....thanks again...You da man !!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: rand

note 1..Leon's response is a wonderful display of maturity and saracsm to Jay. i, being from the northeast think that response was friggin hilarious....note 2, Skydash..so all your cards were the real deal...what were some of the highlights..thx

Old 09-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Rand, it's kind of sad and humorous that someone that has an obviously pro-Mastro agenda tries to pass himself off as an impartial arbiter of auction house info. And even though REA doesn't advertise here, they are still the cream of the crop when it comes to honesty and integrity in the business. That's something Mastro can't claim.

Jay

The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: rand

Didnt Mastro buy REA? why did bill mastro sell his company? wasnt he making a tidy amount of money?

Old 09-26-2007, 06:09 AM
Administrator

You are oblivious in your little world. regards

Old 09-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

nice talking to you and wish you only the best of luck.....

Old 09-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Prizner

of course Leon is going to recommend an Advertiser over a non-Advertiser, it wouldn't make sense not to, these are business partners of N54. I think Leon runs an impartial board when it comes to key topics of the hobby, but here we're just talking about a guy selling his collection, so what's the big deal?

Old 09-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

perhaps Leon's "info on auction houses" merely was a list of phone numbers...?

or perhaps it was his double-ultra secret contact at Ebay?!

This is too funny!
As long as Skydash isn't giving his collection away (in which case, I want some of it!), who really cares where he sells it? Hopefully he sells it through a reputable business, and gets the best $ he can for it.

everyone relax, we can get through this!

Old 09-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Leon, is the auction house info you plan on passing along the same lies you told me about REA?

If I were an advertiser here, I'd have serious problems with Leon's post. His history and close relationship with Mastro are beyond question. His offering info auction houses is worrisome because the basic contact info for all of them his here on the site. What other info does he need to pass on other then trying to get him to go to one particular house and avoid certain other ones.

Leon admitted to me that he lied to me about what he told me about REA, so what else is lying about to the rest of you?

Jay

Old 09-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Administrator

It was not lies, I just told you that because I just figured you should be left in the dark. I told you absolutley nothing about REA....

Old 09-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Administrator

BTW, exactly what did I tell you about REA?

Old 09-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Jay- I have to say I am getting very, very tired of you and all of the crap you spread on this site. Why don't you just leave and not come back?

Old 09-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Jay- what on earth is this about? If you are going to make that bold a statement on the board, please elaborate.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Barry, since there is a ban on posting private emails here, I cannot post the emails where Leon claimed wrong doing by REA/Rob Lifson. I asked other people about it and no one knew anything about what Leon mentioned. I asked him to elaborate and kept dodging the question. Finally, he said he lied and made it all up.

I still have all the emails.

Leon, I won't go away just because you are uncomfortable with being exposed for what you really are. Ban me again and it just proves that you plenty to hide and don't want people know what you are really like.

Jay

Old 09-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Jay is good at throwing around insults of alot of people. Not the first time...

Old 09-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Zinn

Jay is why I try to stay under the radar.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Administrator

What am I?

Old 09-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Pomilla

Why does Skydash's good fortune and nice thank you, have to be sullied with this? Inappropriate.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Lest start with Liar.

Jay

Old 09-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Exposing Leon as having an agenda in favor of one auction house and then telling lies about other one and offering to give advice on auction houses is inappropriate? How so?

Jay

Old 09-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Administrator

I completely agree...sorry about this....it was not my intention...

Old 09-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Jay- I have a small auction business but Leon has always been supportive, both as a bidder and consignor, and has recommended me to people. So I never felt he was biased towards anyone else one bit.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Administrator

So Leon, were you lying to me in emails about REA/Rob Lifson or not? If not, then please enlighten me and those of us in the dark as to what it is they have done. I, for one, would love to know what it is.

3 years ago, Mastro and REA where interchangeable as far as I was concerned when it came to best auction house in the business. Recent events that have come to light about Mastro have changed my mind about them. My opinions about anything are not etched in stone, so if you have valid claims, then let's hear them. I'm sure we all want to know that they are and what the details are.

Jay

Old 09-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al Simeone

As we know skydash seems to have come across with a great collection as as he stated himself is a QUICK study so why dont we let him make up his own mind! Either way its seems he has made up his own mind to at least auction it off to the public. Which is great for all the members of this board! RIGHT? We are suppose to be educators here and I think from skydashes comments the board came across with flying colors with there response for him. Isnt that what its all about? Bottom line here SKYDASH I dont think you will loose anyway you choose! Thanks for sharing your collection with all of us!

Old 09-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Administrator

I am just not going to do it....Why don't you ask your pal Rob? I am sure he can tell you...Once again, I told you absolutely nothing on purpose. Now lets get back to cards please.....

Old 09-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

and while he might not be the MOST knowledgeable baseball card guy, he is a very intelligent guy and has solicited information from MANY people and will make a good decision based on his own intellect. I'm sure MANY of the people who he talked with and the one or two that saw the collection in person gave him information all within a 3-4 different auction house range. Most, if not all of them had already contacted him to give him their spiel anyway.......it really boils down to who will maximize the returns for him and he has to make that decision. Geez......why the continual grandstanding on the Leon front? Just ridiculous.......

Old 09-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Administrator

sometimes with bacon

other times with toast

Old 09-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

u mean Tango Eggs, right?

Rob

Old 09-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

Mmmmmmmm BACON!!! Seriously I think all of this stuff is just CRAP!!! On both sides. Just collect cards and have some fun.

Trevor

Old 09-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

it's threads like this that make me take a few weeks off from the board...

this is the second time that a Skydash Post went south...

c'mon guys, grow up!

MS

Old 09-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Here we again with Leon and his childish games. Fanciful claims and then he won't back them up. Why won't Leon? You are acting like a spoiled child playing the "I know something that you don't" game. Truly pathetic.

I used to think Elkins was a bit over the top with Leon bans people thing, but I just found out that Leon has banned someone in the past day or two because they got under the skin of prominent poster on the board and went to Leon about it. This truly does seem to be Leon's solution to anything uncomfortable for him and his friends, ban them.

So what's the new total of people banned from the site because it seems to be growing although you try to play it off like you don't do it except in dire circumstances. What dire circumstances got the current person banned?

Jay

Old 09-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Administrator

There is too much bickering on the board lately and it has to stop. We've become a bunch of old ladies...

Old 09-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Not entirely true Barry. I was an old lady before the bickering started. Guess I'm still ahead of the curve! lol

J

Old 09-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Barry, I might agree with you, but not on this subject. Don't you think it's pretty serious when Leon is making claims about a major auction house, then says he is lying, then says he not and then won't elaborate on those claims? How would you feel if these claims were being made about you? Would you want to try and sweep it under the rug?

This type situation shouldn't sit well with anyone.

Jay

Old 09-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Joann- I'm sure you are younger than me...but this board can give anyone a few gray hairs (and I have plenty!)

Jay- I'm not sure exactly what Leon said and I prefer to stay out of this one. But I think while Leon has supported Mastro in the past, and is still free to do so, this same silly argument is tiresome. I'm going to cut to the chase: if you have so many problems with Leon, why do you post on this board? I just don't think you can have it both ways. Either you find this to be a happy place to visit or you don't. I don't find Leon to be greedy and he is free to support anyone, banner advertiser or not. I am very supportive of my regular consignors and bidders. Is there something wrong with that?

Old 09-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

Hi Jason,
I like my eggs over easy with nice crisp toast and a little catsup.

How about you?

(Should we start a separate thread to argue about catsup vs ketchup?) I think that Net54 has a condiment forum where we can discuss this problem.

Rick

Old 09-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Corey R. Shanus

Nobody's putting a gun to your head to stay on this Board. I for one find it quite distasteful for you to continually be taking shots at Leon's character. And also a bit hypocritical. You have no problem blasting Bruce Dorskind for the emails he sends, yet the tenor of your attacks on Leon are every bit as venomous. While I am in no way condoning Bruce's emails, at least by going the email route he keeps his disputes out of public eye. I for one go on this Board to enjoy this hobby and try to escape from life's pressures, as I suspect a good many Board members do, and I'd appreciate it if we could stick to cards.

EDITED for spelling

Old 09-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Marc

I just enjoy collecting baseball cards. That's all.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John S

Skydash,

Best of luck from a diehard Colgan's collector. A great addition to the hobby.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Administrator

what I really love is a feta and spinach omlette, plenty of salt and pepper, with a slice of toast, a side of corned beef hash, and a baked tomato half!

And yes, Tango Eggs are alright too, -but those leave your wallet empty and are just not nearly as filling:)

Old 09-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Cat (ret.)

Jay's quote: "So what's the new total of people banned from the site..."

Answer: One less than it should be

Old 09-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Cat, you back or just lurking?

Old 09-27-2007, 10:13 AM