NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Default One of the good guys.

Posted By: shellyjaffe

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/02/11/bc.autographgouging.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Old 02-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Holt

Must not be much happening in Rhode Island. I guess schools, roads, police and fire are all taken care of and the local politicos can concentrate on important things.

Old 02-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

How absurd. What ever happened to land of the free.

Old 02-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

Where does he come up with drawing the line at 16 years old kids and how would that stop some guy from just sending his kid to get an autograph instead of him paying for it? Kids could get autographs for free for as long as they wanted as long as they looked 16,how could you prove they werent,they dont have IDs at that age.

He might think he has a good idea but it wasnt well thought out

If i was an athlete who worked hard to get where i was and this bill passed i would just say,you know what,im not signing any autographs in R.I. now,so no one gets them.I hate stuff like this,if a kid pays for it,hes going to keep it for a long time but whats to stop them from just turning it around for resale the next day? Its like rewarding them for not being old enough and punishing players for being famous. Not every athlete makes millions,and not every one has a career long enough to support them for life.More than 90% dont

Hes more than likely looking for votes than doing this for the good of a few kids

If he really wants to do something,let every kid get an autographed picture of him and the player for $20,and it has to be personalized.Thats much better than baseball with the guys name on it and it has no resale value,just sentimental.If you dont want the picture,pay just like everyone else and no free-bees,20 bucks is fair

Old 02-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

would be to stop paying these guys,boycott the shows.but we know this will never happen.

Old 02-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: William Heitman

Shelly, my friend, this is stupid legislation. Just as stupid as someone charging for autographs. And that's just as stupid as someone wanting these jerks' autographs. Sports is now business for all involved, It's not just a game anymore.

Old 02-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: shellyjaffe

Bill I forgot to put a question mark. It is a joke, but a least someone out there is now looking at what these guys are doing to the hobbie and the fans.

Old 02-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Thomas Jefferson is cringing in his grave at the sight of such idiotic legislation.

Old 02-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

(except my subscription has now lapsed), and buy an autographged picture. I'm sure the autographs are fake, but the pictures are dynomite! Mmmm..it's...
It's P.C. Sports Co. 25-35 dollars for an autographged photo of Nomar, Pedro, Jeter, Rocket--great photos--and the authogarphs at least look DIFFERENRT from eachother!~

Hamilton just slid in today: