NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-17-2021, 04:54 PM

Default U.s.a.president. Babe ruth and baby

Now I show you 2 photos of the Trinidad y Hno collection of cigars.One one shows the President of the U.S.A. with a baby and in the other Babe Ruth with the same Baby, my question in what period was he president, and who was that baby? The 2 photos measure 8X10 inches, I show them edited and cropped, Ruth's appears in volume 2 of my catalogs with the collection of this factory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copia Ty Hno pres. U.S.A..jpg (58.7 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg Babe Ruth.jpg (77.0 KB, 260 views)
Old 05-17-2021, 05:03 PM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Baby Snookum(s) was a comedic character in short movies in the late 20s and early 30s. I forget the actor's name. Coolidge died in 1933 but was only president until 1929, so that should help date it.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:17 PM
Scott Russell

Lawrence McKeen
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 05-17-2021, 05:22 PM

I looked Snookums up as the result of a prior thread that showed a photo/card? with Babe Ruth, and the Babe got second billing in the caption. Here is the actor's film bio filched from IMDB website:

Young "Sunny Jim" McKeen was featured in 39 "Newlyweds and Their Baby" shorts in the late 1920s, then went on to make a series of six sound shorts on his own. A very blond little boy, he was a contemporary of the child actors such as Allen 'Farina' Hoskins and Jackie Cooper, Davey Lee and Shirley Temple. He died of blood poisoning in 1933, at the age of 8.

Born in 1924, he was already working on the Universal lot by 1926, at just two years old.
He was featured in advertisements for baby swimsuits.
At the peak of his fame in the mid- to late 1920s, a candy bar was named after him which featured his image on the wrapper.

Brian
Old 05-17-2021, 05:51 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Died at age 8.

(Now see that fact in the message above . . .)

Last edited by Snapolit1; 05-17-2021 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:52 PM

Many thanks to; Franco, Scott, Brian and Snapolit 1, everything that they have narrated to me was unknown to me, I had only seen that child in those photos of Trinidad's collection, from what they say Ruth had something to do in a movie with him boy? However, without knowing the data that they have given me in my catalog, volume 2, in the part that has to do with the Trinidad and Hno collection, I put 1926-28, and due to the age that the child in the photo appears, he must be 2 or 3 years, now I show you the complete photo with the propaganda of the factory and another of the collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ty Hno pres. U.S.A..jpg (72.0 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg Trin.Hno.Mays.jpg (67.6 KB, 174 views)
Old 05-22-2021, 12:08 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Some Trinidad y Hnos cards I have:

I used to have one of Ruth and Hornsby together. Same style as the Mays. Some more:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-22-2021 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:38 AM

Exhibitman, you have a very good collection of Trinidad and Hno. More than 100 different themes have passed through my hands: baseball, boxing, silent film artists, western celebrities, pioneers of aviation, film women , theater, semi-nude, etc. Now I send you the photo of the 8X10 photo album, you will see that the cardboard sheets are prepared to place the photos in the slots, these albums are very rare, one of them says in the cover 1928, in gold letters, I have seen them in colors blue, green, red etc, when you see this you let me know so you can see more details in the players.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Album Trinidad y Hno..jpg (28.4 KB, 37 views)