NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 05-11-2021, 03:48 PM
Andrew

Default EBay era and sport categories removed - wtf?

Has anyone else noticed that today eBay apparently got rid of the era and sport filters for searches? So now you can’t create a saved search just for prewar baseball cards, for example. It’s just a generic “sports cards” category.

That’s stupid and terrible. Why would they do that??
Old 05-11-2021, 04:03 PM
Charles

I noticed it while I was trying to update some prices on items I have listed. It said category is not valid.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:29 PM
Eric Perry

I also noticed that eBay "refinement" earlier today when checking my saved searches. Instead of seeing just 1909-11 T206 cards, I was also presented with thousands upon thousands of modern cards.

I don't mind Topps 206; however, I don't have time to look at thousands of them...every day.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra

Last edited by Eric72; 05-11-2021 at 04:29 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-11-2021, 04:36 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

How about this annoyance that started appearing in every one of my saved searches today, eliminating a huge number of hits...

relevantlistings.jpg

Ummm, no eBay, I don't give one crap what your dumbass algorithms say, I set up my searches to see what I want to see. Dipsh_ts!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:17 PM
Eric Perry

I've also been prompted by eBay to add item specifics to a large number of my listings. For instance, "Graded" has a yes/no drop-down. They're going to require sellers to populate that field soon. Luckily, there's a bulk edit feature. Otherwise, I would have spent hours and hours updating listings individually.

So, it appears eBay is refining things...again. Should be interesting to see what short-term impact (if any) this has on auctions. I'm sure there will be a period of time during which relatively fewer people find items on which they would have ordinarily been interested in bidding.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra

Last edited by Eric72; 05-11-2021 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:35 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

It appears to now be impossible to even do something as simple as look for boxing cards. Great.

EDIT: looks like it’s just the mobile app that can’t filter by sport now.

EDIT 2: filter by sport, then have to filter by grader, then have to filter by set, single etc., then get 0 results for ungraded boxing singles. So have to search by every set and hope sellers list their items correctly (half those in the boxing category do not seem to know what they have).

What a terrible decision.

Last edited by G1911; 05-11-2021 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:39 PM

Today’s eBay “improvement” is a pain. The wide ranging era filters are gone. Those were great and I would think they would add those back soon. I noticed that they have added back a few year range filters for more recent cards - five filters for the years 1994 to current. To me, those are useless. To others, they are gold (and silver...and purple..and refracting rainbows, etc.). I didn’t see those filters earlier today, so maybe they are working their way backwards to the good years.

You can manually check the individual boxes for each year of card that you wish to view. This worked to filter out the new, shiny stuff, but it is still not showing very many newly listed items.

Stay tuned...

Last edited by horzverti; 05-11-2021 at 06:50 PM.