NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-13-2021, 09:44 AM
Greg Z@y@tz

Default 1950s (?) Baseball RRPCs - Little Help!

I picked these up included in an older scrapbook of postcards. In all, there are 6 different baseball players, including the 2 pictured. They are "standard" RRPC postcard size.

Although the Kodak Paper backmarks indicate a 1950s or newer date, the players all pre-date that timeframe, I think.

I have Rudy York, Dave Robertson, Elam VanGilder, George Harpety, Carl Reynolds, and an unknown player (to me) in an old NY uniform.

Anyone know what they are OR are not? Any info on value - or lack thereof? Any interest in them or any additional information would be appreciated!

Your Humor is welcome, too!

Leon - I posted these here AND in the pre-1980s Section because although the RRPCs may be Post-War, the players are not. If this is inappropriate, feel free to yell at me and fix my "oops"!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RPPC F068.jpg (63.6 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg RPPC F069.jpg (59.1 KB, 142 views)
Old 10-13-2021, 09:55 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

It seems that the 50s date refers to color printing paper. Black and white dates to 1912 according to this clip

Although from its earliest years Kodak supplied materials used in the printing industry, the company first sold materials designed for the printing industry in 1912. That year, George Eastman acquired London-based Wratten and Wainwright, which made photo-materials for commercial printing.

In the decades that followed, the Kodak name became increasingly known in the printing industry. This success has been built by a number of industry milestones.

In 1929, the company introduced high-contrast KODALITH Materials, making it easier to prepare halftones for printing. Previously, printers used wet-collodian glass plates, which they had to coat themselves.
In the mid-1930's Kodak researchers designed and built the world's first electronic color separation scanner to prepare images for printing. The scanner was sold to a Time, Inc., subsidiary, and a version was ultimately used to produce the color sections of Time-Life magazines.
In the 1950's and 1960's, Kodak played a key role in the explosion of color in magazines and books. The company researched systems for high-quality color printing, and -- through numerous courses, conferences, and product introductions -- taught the industry how to do color separation, masking, and correction.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:04 AM

I believe they were made by George Brace, the writing appears to be his as well.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:28 PM
Greg Z@y@tz

Thanks for all of the info, so far!

ONE of the RPPCs DOES have "Geo. Brace Photo" and an address printed on the reverse...

Do they have any/much value, anyone?
Old 10-13-2021, 12:38 PM
Greg Z@y@tz

A quick search on eBay for George Brace Photographs & Postcards show that they seem to have only modest value...

I guess that I gotta keep digging & searching!

THANKS ALL!
Old 10-15-2021, 12:13 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I received this email.... I haven't checked into it myself....

"Although I am not registered so as to post, if you would like to inform the hobbyist on this thread, he likely has acquired 1960s to 1970s “Jim Rowe Postcards”. I bought one myself years ago and only recently figured out what it is. A separate thread by that last name exists on them."
Old 10-15-2021, 04:46 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Jim Rowe was my thought as well.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 10-15-2021 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:47 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I received this email.... I haven't checked into it myself....

"Although I am not registered so as to post, if you would like to inform the hobbyist on this thread, he likely has acquired 1960s to 1970s “Jim Rowe Postcards”. I bought one myself years ago and only recently figured out what it is. A separate thread by that last name exists on them."

I think this is the thread he's referring to

https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...highlight=Rowe