NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-01-2021, 05:59 PM
Ton.y Be.ll

Default FedEx?!

https://www.al.com/news/2021/11/fede...riff-says.html

This may explain a lot of lost and damaged packages!

Collecting:
1909-1911 T206 Southern Leaguers (Alabama)
1914 Cracker Jack Set (91 out of 145)
Old 12-01-2021, 06:06 PM

Default Fedex

Due to past nightmares involving Fedex, I won't pass up the opportunity
to pile on. The only package delivery company I know that doesn't care
one iota about actually completing the task the customer pays for, in
advance- of course. They are worse than useless, actually harmful

Trent King
Old 12-01-2021, 06:07 PM
Doug Goodman

It could just as easily be any delivery company, especially the ones who outsource their deliveries to independent contractors.

Doug
Old 12-01-2021, 06:11 PM
Fred

Here's my list of delivery providers in order of "confidence level":

1 - Fedex
2 - UPS
3 -USPS

I've never had an issue with Fedex. A few issues with UPS and many issues with USPS. USPS is the only delivery service to completely lose something or really show a lack in the care of package handling.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:13 PM
Ton.y Be.ll

More packages just today found in another AL County over 90 miles away!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8F0C06AB-429A-45B4-82DA-EBB58BE817CC.jpg (20.3 KB, 882 views)
File Type: jpg 74EE7AB6-9F4C-45AD-9279-790D2557CA91.jpg (19.6 KB, 890 views)

Collecting:
Old 12-01-2021, 06:16 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidnapped18 View Post
https://www.al.com/news/2021/11/fede...riff-says.html

This may explain a lot of lost and damaged packages!
Hopefully this is isolated and hopefully none of them have cards, etc in them.

And hopefully things get better especially with Holidays coming and the spike in packages

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 12-02-2021, 08:28 AM
Howard Chasser

Default A FedEx employee STOLE cards

This happened a couple of years ago and I posted a thread about it - package sent overnight early delivery with a complete autographed 1961 set in it. Package received missing 1 single page with 18 cards including the 2 most expensive - the Clemente and Hornsby cards removed. Upon close inspection - evidence that the box had been opened and resealed. Filed claim with Fedex - they sent an investigator out. Never "solved". They paid $1,000. on the claim as that is THE MOST they will ever pay for a "collectibles" claim - in the fine print - consider yourself forewarned.

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:41 AM
Ben North

I have always hated FedSux. I used to have 2 addresses for residential houses and 2 business addresses I used. I would have stuff shipped to the one I would be at when it should be delivered. Every other place would just deliver the packages to the address on the package so no problems. FedSux would always try to deliver it to my main residential address no matter the address on the package.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:48 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I have always hated FedSux. I used to have 2 addresses for residential houses and 2 business addresses I used. I would have stuff shipped to the one I would be at when it should be delivered. Every other place would just deliver the packages to the address on the package so no problems. FedSux would always try to deliver it to my main residential address no matter the address on the package.
I don't understand how this could happen. How would they know another address to deliver to than the one on the package?
Old 12-02-2021, 09:05 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
I don't understand how this could happen. How would they know another address to deliver to than the one on the package?
Driver told me that they have everyones "main" addresses in their system. A few times they would cross off my produce companies address and write my home address on the package. It was crazy and I quit doing business with companies that only shipped FedSux it was such a problem.

Now that I am retired and only use one address they are great and we use them regularly.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:35 AM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
This happened a couple of years ago and I posted a thread about it - package sent overnight early delivery with a complete autographed 1961 set in it. Package received missing 1 single page with 18 cards including the 2 most expensive - the Clemente and Hornsby cards removed. Upon close inspection - evidence that the box had been opened and resealed. Filed claim with Fedex - they sent an investigator out. Never "solved". They paid $1,000. on the claim as that is THE MOST they will ever pay for a "collectibles" claim - in the fine print - consider yourself forewarned.
My wife just ordered a smart watch online from Target. The shippong box had a label on it that there were batteries inside, which must have given someone at Fedex the clue to open the box and see what was inside.

We got the box yesterday retaped and empty. We reported the theft to Target and to Fedex, will see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2021, 09:40 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Driver told me that they have everyones "main" addresses in their system. A few times they would cross off my produce companies address and write my home address on the package. It was crazy and I quit doing business with companies that only shipped FedSux it was such a problem.

Now that I am retired and only use one address they are great and we use them regularly.
It's amazing that they would do something like that since it just seems to be creating more work for themselves to look up and change addresses on packages.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:55 AM
Steve Birmingham

They were pretty good when I worked for a company that had an account.
Even better for one customer I had that was a huge company.

Other than that? A very mixed bunch of experiences.

My favorite?

When I was getting a lot of stuff on ebay I'd get the occasional fedex delivery.
My side porch is shaded, and a couple of the drivers would deliver to me just before lunch and eat their lunch there. I was fine with that. I got my stuff a bit earlier, they got a quiet shady spot to eat during summer. They cleaned up after themselves, the trash was only like 3 feet from the steps they sat on.

Until one day I come home to sub and chip wrappers and a bag, plus a soda bottle, all left on the porch. Also their clipboard with the entire mornings signatures....

So I called, told the call center about it and got the usual "our people don't do that, it must be someone else" No, I'm sure it was you guys, and I'm not saying don't eat there anymore, just pick up your trash.
"Well, it wasn't us"
Umm ok, let me talk to a local supervisor.
Go through the same thing.
"Ok then, thanks for the neat aluminum clipboard! And the cool sheet full of signatures with the FedEx logo!"
"Oh S*** we'll be right over."

I clipped the trash to the clipboard ad restated that the drivers who picked up after themselves were still welcome. But Next time I was left a clipboard I was keeping it.

As far as I know they didn't come by anymore. I felt bad for the good guys that picked their stuff up and hope the one who didn't got in some trouble.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:12 AM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidnapped18 View Post
More packages just today found in another AL County over 90 miles away!
I remember seeing those images on the news. My first thought was that the drivers are compensated on the number of packages they deliver and that the knucklehead that did this figured he'd just tell everyone that someone must have stolen the packages after delivery and blame it on the contactless Covid delivery protocols.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:17 AM
Dave

I've never used Fedx. I had one issue last year with USPS. The UPS driver that delivers to my area goes out of his way to be a punk.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:32 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
I've never used Fedx. I had one issue last year with USPS. The UPS driver that delivers to my area goes out of his way to be a punk.
UPS is the worst.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:39 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post

..."Ok then, thanks for the neat aluminum clipboard! And the cool sheet full of signatures with the FedEx logo!"
"Oh S*** we'll be right over."...
LOL. Perfect!

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 12-02-2021, 03:34 PM
Randy

at this time of the year they are all not to good
Old 12-02-2021, 06:45 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
That sucks. I've been screaming this from the mountain tops for years about shipping insurance claims in collectibles. It is pointless to pay for shipping insurance in excess of $1,000 through FedEx, UPS, and USPS (unless using registered mail - supposedly). That's why I got private insurance instead.
Old 12-11-2021, 02:48 PM
Ton.y Be.ll

Default Update

https://www.al.com/news/2021/12/fede...in-ravine.html
Hopefully this will deter the next FedEx employee thinking about dumping packages

Collecting:
Old 12-11-2021, 04:20 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

I'm FedUp with FedEx! I rather have Amazon Prime deliver my mail and packages.
Old 12-11-2021, 10:37 PM
Bru.ce Wil.s0n

I have had no problem with USPS. FedEx seems like they could care less about the package. UPS can rot in the lower depths of hell. I think everyone has had their different issues with these companies. It’s going to get worse with the difficulty finding anyone to work. It seems like any warm body will do now at these places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2021, 06:03 AM
Larry More.y

A delivery driver for one of these large delivery companies told me this story of a local situation....a temporary holiday hire was making deliveries from his personal vehicle. Decided in the middle of his route he was done (quitting). Removed all of his packages and scanner from his car and left them on the side of the road. Apparently, someone at the warehouse noticed his scanner had not moved in a while and dispatched a delivery truck to investigate...all packages accounted for and re-loaded onto the delivery truck. Could have been worse.

I hold my breath with all three main delivery services, as I have had problems with them all.

So far, I have only received on baseball card via Amazon delivery. Since Amazon started making deliveries to my house, they seem to be far more reliable than the other 3 as I seem to get all of my packages with no issues.
Old 12-12-2021, 07:39 AM
Bill Roberts

A delivery from an auction house (not sports related) was scheduled to be delivered by Federal Express to my home on Wednesday. It got delayed three times, eventually arriving Saturday. Package was valued at $3,000 and was shipped "signature required." I understand that in most cases signatures aren't being required, but until yesterday the delivery person would at least confirm he was handing off the package to the person it was addressed to. This time it was left outside a garage door at the side of the house, an hour before severe rain arrived. We have a covered porch at our front door, where 99 percent of our packages are left. I have no idea what the guy yesterday was thinking, assuming he was. I think the auction house is lucky that I'm an honest guy, because there is no proof that I've received the package.
Old 12-12-2021, 08:34 AM
Mike

What service do the auction houses use on the most expensive items like 100k+ ? Are they insured the total amount ? If you sell on ebay a 10K item and the buyer claims ( not as described), do you lose 10k ?
Old 12-12-2021, 10:26 AM
+0m J()rd@N

Whether it is UPS, USPS or FedEx, I'd be willing to bet that problems can be directly traced to the local office, not necessarily a reflection of the national organization. Whatever the local managers put up with, that is the level to which the employees will perform.

That is why there are so many different opinions of the companies.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)

Last edited by Bigdaddy; 12-12-2021 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-12-2021, 11:20 AM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
Whether it is UPS, USPS or FedEx, I'd be willing to bet that problems can be directly traced to the local office, not necessarily a reflection of the national organization. Whatever the local managers put up with, that is the level to which the employees will perform.

That is why there are so many different opinions of the companies.
10-4, agree completely.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 01-11-2022, 03:05 PM
Bry@n

I always thought FedEx was reliable. Then they delivered two packages that are not mine to my house about 2-3 weeks ago. One was my neighbor's, the other address is a mile or two away. The only way to report a misdelivery is by calling, they have no automatic option and no email contact. I called, they said they would come get the package, they never did. I called again and the same thing happened, so they have been notified twice that I have someone else's package and apparently they don't care.

So, if using FedEx, or any service really, paying for signature confirmation would be worth it to make the driver at least have to look at the damned address a second time.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:00 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

It saves me alot of stress to simply have FedEx and UPS packages redirected to a local pick up location. UPS has a retail location about 10 miles away and FedEx less than that. I dont have to worry about a signature not being obtained, delivered to a neighbor or a package left in the rain.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:39 PM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
UPS is the worst.
I always wondered why, for a delivery company, they chose the name "Oops".