NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-14-2015, 07:48 PM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

Default Auction Houses and their shipping/handling costs

so I just got in the mail an almost $1K card from Clean Sweep. It was a pc that was shipped in just a card saver then bubble mailer, nothing else, no cardboard, bubblewrap or other hard material protecting the card, just the card saver and bubble mailer (and it was only shipped first class as well)! Being what I would consider a pretty rare card and paying almost $20 for s+h, I was a little disappointed in the AH lack of protection for something I paid them a grand for. Thankfully the card arrived without instance but there are so many things that could have happened to a card that has no issues with the exception of being trimmed, so any crease/bend would have just ruined it. I don't know but for $20 I would expect a little better shipping + handling for my purchases. /rant

Dan
Old 07-14-2015, 07:56 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I just had a great experience with Mears. I purchased 11 bats at their most recent auction. They were well packed and shipped 2nd day Priority. They only charged $29.95. I have paid more for a few magazines from some of the other large AH's. I was very pleased!

Jeff
Old 07-14-2015, 08:05 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Greg Bussineau

I won a high dollar item from his last auction (Bussineau) and he shipped it overnight Fedex WELL protected for FREE!!!!! It also was shipped the SAME day that I paid!

Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 07-14-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
I just had a great experience with Mears. I purchased 11 bats at their most recent auction. They were well packed and shipped 2nd day Priority. They only charged $29.95. I have paid more for a few magazines from some of the other large AH's. I was very pleased!

Jeff
+1 on MEARS too. Won two uniform lots on auction ending Tues night. Charged $20 and they were shipped next day, Wed. By Friday they were in my hands, well packaged.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:17 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

There have been some shipping issues with Clean Sweep recently. See this thread on the PSA forum for $3K worth of cards, similarly shipped in a bubble mailer: Link. On a lesser note, I recently won an autographed ball from them with a full LOA from JSA. In order to fit in the box, the LOA was folded into quarters. In addition, the lot number was written on the LOA (albeit in pencil). It's probably more annoying than a big deal, and I wouldn't have cared at all if it were an auction LOA rather than a full LOA, but when I win items with LOA's from other auction houses, they often put the LOA in a plastic top loader without folding it.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:44 PM
Jay Cee

What some AHs should do is use the USPS. Many people don't realize that the USPS will give FREE boxes and there is no limit. You can order them online and they are delivered within days.

What frustrates me about AHs is the insurance costs. The larger AHs most likey use an umbrella policy through a third party. Then they normally pass the savings onto their customers. AHs that just use the regular shipper's insurance (USPS, UPS, Fed-X) are charged double and even triple the cost than getting it privately.

Some AHs I feel use the shipping and Insurance cost as a form of profit. I hope they can change their business model to make it more customer friendly. This might help take the sting off when we pay for our winnings after we make 2 bids past the budget!!!
Old 07-16-2015, 02:49 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I have posted this before...I would really like it if the AH's posted their estimate for shipping charges and insurance. You could then factor that into your overall bid.

Jeff