NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-30-2023, 12:43 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Default PWCC Redux

Just when I thought it was safe to try the PWCC water again, I got crushed. Since they are under new ownership and with the B&B twins now departed counting their money, I have tried them a few times on their weekly Sunday auctions. So I bid on a few items last night and was leading when I went to bed. Today, I didn't check my email until early this afternoon and saw I had won something. But quickly following were 2 more emails telling me that I was henceforth barred from bidding in any future auctions for lack of payment, about 12 hours after the auction closed. This was after I was prohibited from bidding on their Premier auction because I didn't want them to see my bank statement or brokerage account.
I have never, repeat never have ever had a payment issue with any AH going back more years than I care to count. And now this. Being pissed off is an understatement. I am personally insulted.
Of course, I sent them back a 50 megaton response, mentioning that I will detail this affront on the Net54 Board.
Some lessons are hard learned, but enough is enough. I am truly through with these clowns. And I asked them to send my items in their vault asap. We will see if there is a response or not.
Old 10-30-2023, 01:08 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Yoda....you can bypass your bank statements or brokerage accouunts.
As detailed in the last few post, I was told, (and i did)---use recent invoices, showing paid and send that to them as proof.
Heres the link: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=338205
It took a few responses back n forth, but i did get approved for Premier auctions.

As for the lack of payment....after 12 hours.
Yeah my shows still pending....but i sent a response after i sent a 2day priorty enevolpe with a check to them.
That was the Oct 22auction, Said payment due by the 27th.
Check was delievered on the 25th.
Still have not seen a update. Guess they waiting 7 days for it to clear.
Old 10-30-2023, 01:08 PM
Scott

Not that I would even remotely encourage this from an AH, but at least a sliver of me could understand an AH at least sending a email reminder after the 12H mark after an auction (well 24H at a minimum, really).

BUT BARRING YOU FROM ANY FUTURE TRANSACTIONS seems draconian at best and criminal at worst.

If you have some money and a bit of time, you might wish to SUE them, but thank you for the heads up, and sorry about your experiences!
Old 10-30-2023, 01:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

THIS time I really mean it.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=334797

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=339913

Give them up already!!

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-30-2023 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 01:24 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

What a great business they are running over there.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 10-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
100 percent. I see the same posts over and over, complaining about auctions houses fees, prices, shipping issues, payment verification, etc. And over and over, the same people are still bidding in these auctions.

This is why the auction house always wins.
Old 10-30-2023, 02:02 PM
Thomas
Th0mas Ch.urch

My correspondences have always been that I had 10 days to pay, that was with old ownership though, so this may be the new norm. Hope not, as I may be barred as well.
Successful transactions: sycks22, charlietheextervminator, Scocs, Thromdog, trdcrdkid, mybuddyinc, troutbum97, Natedog, Kingcobb, usernamealreadytaken, t206fanatic, asoriano, rsdill2, hatchetman325, cobbcobb13, dbfirstman, Blunder19, Scott L. ,Eggoman, ncinin, vintagewhitesox, aloondilana, btcarfagno, ZiggerZagger, blametony, shammus, Kris19, brewing, rootsearcher60, Pat R , sportscardpete , Leon , OriolesHOF , Gobucsmagic74, Pilot172000, Chesbro41, scmavl,t206kid,3-2-count,GoldenAge50s
Old 10-30-2023, 02:05 PM
Stephen Benzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkplace33 View Post
100 percent. I see the same posts over and over, complaining about auctions houses fees, prices, shipping issues, payment verification, etc. And over and over, the same people are still bidding in these auctions.

This is why the auction house always wins.
Those auction houses keep having cards we want. It's not like we're hunting for 2023 Topps on here. Supply is short.
Old 10-30-2023, 02:07 PM
Stephen Benzel

My guess is they'll come back and say that was a mistake, sorry for the inconvenience. There's no way they intend to do business like that, unless they're insane.
Old 10-30-2023, 02:08 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Fool me once, shame on them. Fool me 357 times, well, I'm starting to become responsible.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:23 PM
Johnny MaZilli

The bottom line is some people who think they're getting a deal on a card they want at an undervalued price will deal with whoever screwed them over before in the past If they think they're gonna win said card now at a steal deal now, they just will.

That's all it is. Everyone feels slighted and want some sympathy I guess… I’m just over it.

We all know who these guys are and I'd you deal with them expect you may get treated shitty.

Last edited by Johnny630; 10-30-2023 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:33 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Twelve hours to pay? Their own payment terms say payment is due 7 days after invoicing. That's just so weird it has to be a glitch, so I'd not get all old man yelling at clouds over it. Did you try to call and talk to someone? Send Ken an email via the email address he published here?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 10-30-2023 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:39 PM
Scott

Yes, I was going to ask OP for a follow up because it has to be some kind of glitch
Old 10-30-2023, 04:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Twelve hours to pay? Their own payment terms say payment is due 7 days after invoicing. That's just so weird it has to be a glitch, so I'd not get all old man yelling at clouds over it. Did you try to call and talk to someone? Send Ken an email via the email address he published here?
This is PWCC not Goldin.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 10-30-2023, 06:36 PM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankweather View Post
Those auction houses keep having cards we want. It's not like we're hunting for 2023 Topps on here. Supply is short.
Agree but then don’t complain when you bid.
Old 10-30-2023, 06:46 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I know, I know. Only gave them another try because of new ownership.
Old 10-30-2023, 07:43 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I know, I know. Only gave them another try because of new ownership.
They had the new ownership, with Brent gone, when you made your last post in September though.