NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-22-2023, 08:59 PM
Brian Schwertfeger

Default "Cracker Jack Collective" Another shady Facebook Group.. (and why I love Net54)

I was somehow added to the "Cracker Jack Collective" Facebook Group maybe a year or two ago.

On Friday I posted a picture of my 1915 Mathewson with no comments just to show it off to the group. I immediately get a PM from this guy Paul Fowler asking if it's for sale. I log in today and respond back saying no I'm just sharing it. Minutes later I see that my post has been accepted by the admin.

I thought that was strange and looked the guy up and what do you know he's the sole admin. It seemed shady that this guy is out here cherry picking cards in a room of 600+ collectors (many of whom are good buddies of mine).

I messaged him (politely) asking if he was waiting until I responded to approve the post and in true keyboard warrior fashion he talked a bunch of crap and blocked me (from a group I couldn't care less about).

But this is my problem with 99.9% of Facebook Groups. They are pure dictatorships and if you ask the wrong question you're banned and no one hears about the corruption.

Leon runs a tight ship and keeps scammers out but also lets people have open and transparent conversations so we are all informed of good (and bad) places to discuss + transact cards.

Last edited by Schwertfeger1007; 10-23-2023 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2023, 09:17 PM
Tim Odeen

I've run into a few of these groups. I must say, Net54 member Bumpus Jones runs some great groups, and the friends he has run some good groups too. Here are some I like....
1939-40 Cincinnati Reds
Lou Gehrig Fan Club
Baseball Sheet Music & Other Oddball Stuffs

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 10-23-2023, 10:08 AM
Paul
P@ul F0wler

Let me clear this ridiculous accusation up as I am the creator of the group he is referring to on Facebook. I am not ok with having my name slandered over false accusations.
First of all, I never once asked you "how much do you need on it' I have the messages to prove that, so now youre just attempting to stir the pot and add lies to an already ridiculous and inconsequential story.
I approve sale posts all the time on the page and there is absolutely no reason I wouldnt approve this post for sale or not. It is not a card I am after whatsoever and even if it was, I have never and would never privately contact the op to try and purchase a card before approving their post. That is not how I operate. I have sold and purchased many cards on there with zero issues. I messaged you to ask if it was a for sale post or you are just sharing it prior to approving it because you wrote nothing in the post, only a photo. I did not even give it a second thought. You then took 2 days to respond to my message and by that time, I had forgotten about it altogether and once you finally responded (which reminded me of it) I approved right away. There is nothing more to it than that.

I created the page solely for the love of the set so others, like myself, can share their love and knowledge for it as well.

I will not continue a back and forth about this either, as there is nothing else to add.

I hope those who choose to join the group, will enjoy it and add what they can to it.

Paul.

AF15
Old 10-23-2023, 03:40 PM
Brian Schwertfeger

I've spoken with with several people over the last couple of days who have had similar interactions with you buddy. One guy even showed me an interaction where you booted him bc he said he didn't collect 1914 CJ Albums because they felt "cheap". You obviously take this stuff really seriously LOL.

"Blocking and banning" me for asking a fair question is the exact reason many don't want to be in your little FB dictatorship. If people can't ask questions or speak their minds then I just kind of assume all the shady accusations are true.

BTW I also keep receipts. Here's my ONLY comment to you on the subject...

Sun 6:48 PM (Me)
Did you seriously wait to approve my post until I responded back saying it wasn't for sale??

Sun 7:17 PM (Paul Fowler)
Idk who the hell you think you are talking to me like that and then leaving a comment like that. Grow up.
I didnt think it would take you 2 days to respond to my message first of all, secondly it had nothing to do with being for sale or not. I couldn’t care less if it is or isn’t for sale and then I simply forgot about it. I’m busy and your post wasn’t foremost on my mind. You’ve been blocked and banned.

Last edited by Schwertfeger1007; 10-23-2023 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-23-2023, 03:56 PM
Ton.y Be.ll

Law school 101 - Black’s Law Dictionary:
Defamation is the act of harming the reputation of another by false statement to another person.
Slander is SPOKEN defamation.
Libel is WRITTEN defamation.

Carry on…

Collecting:
1909-1911 T206 Southern Leaguers (Alabama)
1914 Cracker Jack Set (91 out of 145)
Old 10-23-2023, 04:11 PM
Brian Schwertfeger

What do the text books say about taking legal advice from a random guy from Alabama who goes by "Kidnapped"???
Old 10-23-2023, 04:30 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwertfeger1007 View Post
What do the text books say about taking legal advice from a random guy from Alabama who goes by "Kidnapped"???
Well, he might have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 10-23-2023, 04:31 PM
Brian Dalrymple

Quote:
I almost spit out my coffee reading this. LOL
ANWCOLLECTIBLES on Instagram
"If it's not at least a hundred years old, I probably won't want it."
"Yesterday's price, is not today's price."

The goods --> https://www.flickr.com/photos/196575621@N05/albums
Old 10-23-2023, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorednw View Post
I almost spit out my coffee reading this. LOL
Very funny stuff
Old 10-23-2023, 07:49 PM
Paul
P@ul F0wler

Quote:
I've spoken with with several people over the last couple of days who have had similar interactions with you buddy. One guy even showed me an interaction where you booted him bc he said he didn't collect 1914 CJ Albums because they felt "cheap". You obviously take this stuff really seriously LOL.

"Blocking and banning" me for asking a fair question is the exact reason many don't want to be in your little FB dictatorship. If people can't ask questions or speak their minds then I just kind of assume all the shady accusations are true.

BTW I also keep receipts. Here's my ONLY comment to you on the subject...

Sun 6:48 PM (Me)
Did you seriously wait to approve my post until I responded back saying it wasn't for sale??

Sun 7:17 PM (Paul Fowler)
Idk who the hell you think you are talking to me like that and then leaving a comment like that. Grow up.
I didnt think it would take you 2 days to respond to my message first of all, secondly it had nothing to do with being for sale or not. I couldn’t care less if it is or isn’t for sale and then I simply forgot about it. I’m busy and your post wasn’t foremost on my mind. You’ve been blocked and banned.
Let me set this ridiculous baseball card drama straight. I really have nothing at all to hide and its just silly to me at this point.

I blocked and banned you for your reply after I approved your post and the comment you made on your post on the fb page saying that I was "shady" because I didnt approve your post until I heard back from you, to which I explained myself in full in my previous comment on this thread. There is no room or toleration for someone whos first post and comment on the page is libel against me over false accusations.
Also, that was NOT your only comment to me. Here is the full extent of our conversation on FB messenger...
Me: "Brian, are you posting this to sell or just to show"
You: "Anythings available for the right price I guess but I was just showing it"
I then approved it after waiting 2 days for a reply and because the original post had nothing written with it other than the photo. I had and have no interest in the card. Its well out of my card budget anyways.
After I approved it, you ASSUMED I only approved it when you say you said it wasnt for sale, but you actually did say that it was for the right price, which I quoted above.
You then replied with "Did you seriously wait to approve my post until I responded back saying it wasnt for sale"
Regardless, you then left a comment on your post I had just approved saying how I was "shady" for your assumption that I was waiting to see if it was for sale or not, when your assumption was completely incorrect, which is why I then messaged you with what you quoted me saying. You are not going to (libel) me on my page, yes, my page (big deal) and think I wouldnt kick you off for it. Me taking your buddy (go figure) off had nothing to do with him liking or not liking a piece of memorabilia, cards, whatever. Thats just silly and another ridiculous claim. I have my reasons why. He is the third person I have taken off (other than spammers) out of more than 600.

Like the page or me, or not, but there will be no libel on it.
The page is there for people to enjoy, sell and learn more about the cards and share their interest in them. Thats it.
We have much better things to do with our time than this. Done with this nonsense.

AF15
Old 10-23-2023, 08:53 PM
Brian Schwertfeger

Since this Rangers game is out of hand who wants to play a game?

We can all take a shot every time Paul says "libel" (Note to staff...N54 needs a clown emoji)

I know you're really excited you learned a new word but you really have to stop taking advice from people who call themselves Kidnappers... or are from Alabama.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:38 AM
Micah L Marshall II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingPaper View Post
Let me set this ridiculous baseball card drama straight. I really have nothing at all to hide and its just silly to me at this point.

I blocked and banned you for your reply after I approved your post and the comment you made on your post on the fb page saying that I was "shady" because I didnt approve your post until I heard back from you, to which I explained myself in full in my previous comment on this thread. There is no room or toleration for someone whos first post and comment on the page is libel against me over false accusations.
Also, that was NOT your only comment to me. Here is the full extent of our conversation on FB messenger...
Me: "Brian, are you posting this to sell or just to show"
You: "Anythings available for the right price I guess but I was just showing it"
I then approved it after waiting 2 days for a reply and because the original post had nothing written with it other than the photo. I had and have no interest in the card. Its well out of my card budget anyways.
After I approved it, you ASSUMED I only approved it when you say you said it wasnt for sale, but you actually did say that it was for the right price, which I quoted above.
You then replied with "Did you seriously wait to approve my post until I responded back saying it wasnt for sale"
Regardless, you then left a comment on your post I had just approved saying how I was "shady" for your assumption that I was waiting to see if it was for sale or not, when your assumption was completely incorrect, which is why I then messaged you with what you quoted me saying. You are not going to (libel) me on my page, yes, my page (big deal) and think I wouldnt kick you off for it. Me taking your buddy (go figure) off had nothing to do with him liking or not liking a piece of memorabilia, cards, whatever. Thats just silly and another ridiculous claim. I have my reasons why. He is the third person I have taken off (other than spammers) out of more than 600.

Like the page or me, or not, but there will be no libel on it.
The page is there for people to enjoy, sell and learn more about the cards and share their interest in them. Thats it.
We have much better things to do with our time than this. Done with this nonsense.
Paul you BLOCKED me after I laughed at your comment. IMO you are a disservice to those that collect Cracker Jacks with your petty antics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0547.jpg (185.1 KB, 228 views)

Completed 1986/87 Fleer Basketball

Completed 1935 National Chicle - 36/36

1933 Goudey - 208/240

I've switched my focus to comic books! looking for AF 15, Hulk 1, FF1, FF 5 and x-men 1 prefer blue CGC 2.5.
Old 10-24-2023, 07:06 AM
Ton.y Be.ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwertfeger1007 View Post
since this rangers game is out of hand who wants to play a game?

We can all take a shot every time paul says "libel" :d (note to staff...n54 needs a clown emoji)

i know you're really excited you learned a new word but you really have to stop taking advice from people who call themselves kidnappers... Or are from alabama.
lol...Too funny!

Collecting:
1909-1911 T206 Southern Leaguers (Alabama)
1914 Cracker Jack Set (91 out of 145)
Old 10-24-2023, 07:25 AM
T0NY @

For the record, the 1915 Cracker Jack albums are pretty cool!

Old 10-24-2023, 07:45 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

That's cool Tony!

How did you come across that?
Old 10-24-2023, 08:13 AM
T0NY @

Thanks Lou. Purchased via Heritage Auction some time ago!
Old 10-24-2023, 10:55 AM
J@son Per1

I just bought a SGC 2 1915 Heinie Wagner CJ card. Pretty psyched to add it to my PC. I can tell everyone I own a pre-war Wagner now.