NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-30-2015, 03:57 AM
GaryPassamonte

Default 1949 WS ticket

I was visiting an antique friend/dealer yesterday and he pulled out an envelope containing 3 1949 World Series game 1 full tickets. Can anyone help me with the value of the tickets? The tickets are quite crisp and crease free. The image I have attached is of poor quality and doesn't do justice to the actual ticket. I have searched and can't find any full ticket recent sales. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1229151618.jpg (69.9 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by GaryPassamonte; 12-30-2015 at 04:14 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:16 AM

Default Ticket value

Hi Gary,
While admittedly World Series tickets are not my specialty (I collect tickets from the regular season), without seeing scans of the tickets it would be difficult to make this call. Could you please post a picture or scan?

In looking at the box score for this game on retrosheet.org I did note that this game featured the NYY vs. the Brooklyn Dodgers. In game 1 at NYY "Super Chief" Allie Reynolds was masterful, twirling a 2-hitter en route to a 1-0 shutout over the Bums. Other than that, there was no offensive standout performance from Joe D. and Co. to drive up the value. The fact that the ticket(s) is full definitely increases it's overall value that would certainly be several hundred dollars, assuming that the condition is NM with no creases or damage.

FYI, there is a definite subset of ticket collectors that focus on the World Series theme. Many of these collectors PSA slab these tickets. The higher the grade, the higher the value. Full tickets in nice condition bring higher values. This alone would make these desirable to the ticket collecting hobby.

I hope this helps. Here is a photo of Allie Reynolds prior to game 1 of the 1949 WS out of my personal collection.
Happy New Year to you and everyone on net54!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Allie Reynolds 1949 World Series game 1 starter photo.jpg (69.2 KB, 150 views)
Old 12-30-2015, 10:40 AM
Jay Zimmerman

Default full WS tickets

Full World Series tickets should bring 3 to 5 times more then a ticket stub for the same game. Stubs for normal Yankee Stadium games from that era have been selling for $50-$100 depending on condition. I would probably put a retail value of $150-250 each (maybe higher if the condition is how you describe-I can't tell from the scan).
Old 12-30-2015, 11:16 AM

Hi Gary,
Thanks for supplying a photo!
Now that I have seen the ticket, which appears to be in great shape, I would estimate it's value at being $300- $400 ea.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:49 PM
GaryPassamonte

Thanks for the info Scott and Jay. I bought the three tickets today. Since I am not a ticket collector, I plan on selling either two or all of them. I am a Dodger fan, so I might keep one. If anyone is interested, let me know.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:09 PM
Andrew

I am a ticket collector...
I found this old listing from 2004
http://www.legendaryauctions.com/mob...entoryid=38121
Full tickets are way more valuable...3-5 times is accurate.
But being the Yankees I would say you could get 600-800.
Sorry I couldn't find a more recent auction.
Very nice looking ticket though and condtion.
Andy
Old 12-31-2015, 03:52 AM
GaryPassamonte

Thanks, Andy.