NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Default Hank Levy - your email address isn't working

Posted By: runscott 

Hi Hank - your server rejects about 99% of the emails I send. Do you have another email address? Perhaps you have a strange browser setting that is blocking legitimate emails. But the answer to your question is that all are at SGC and no longer available. Thanks,Scott

Old 02-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

I just sold a bunch of cards on ebay, and I'm so tired I could die.

And Ben did most of the work!

Old 02-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

Scott, I saw the cards you listed on ebay,some funny descriptions.

My house is cold and the landlord is coming to check the heater

Kevin emailed me early in the morning waking me up so like Julie,i havent gotten much sleep today.

Bought another T206 last night.......

I found a Roach once at work years ago,named him John so i wouldnt forget his name,if he were just a little older this might be what he would look like

Old 02-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Old 02-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

It was actually a descendant of John Roach,the famous 1 game pitcher for the NY Giants in 1887 pictured on that old judge card.Keep the memory of John Roach alive!

Some day we will find out if he actually pitched with both hands during his one game in the majors,maybe some footage will appear or some first hand account from someone in a nursing home.

Once it is known for sure,Kevin will be looking for one to complete his set of ambidextorous pitchers. I still think Mullane and Chamberlain and Greg Harris are the only 3 who really did it.The other 2 are just pure speculation

this is my signature

Old 02-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Administrator

...but I like it.

Yes, John, I thought I would try a few redneck descriptions - they seem to work for those boys from Ohio so I figured I'd experiment. So far it's a failure

Old 02-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

I promised myself I wouldn't post to this thread (mostly because I couldn't figure out what the heck it was about), but I just reread it and John - I'M SHOCKED!

Am I to understand your position is that despite what has been written, you are not 100% behind Larry Corcoran's ambidextrous feat even though you are president (and single member) of the world's only Larry Corcoran Fan Club?

Or is this just a ploy to get me to sell my now less interesting Corcoran to you at a lower cost?

Old 02-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Julie and John were both able to successfully break it to get at the hidden message, which charmed them into exchanging friendly posts. There was a command in there for you as well, but I accidentally typed "Hank" instead of "Henry", which screwed up the entire thing.

Now does it all make more sense?

Old 02-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

Scott:

Your revelation made it all clear. The answer was right there in front of me all the time. Sometimes I can be so dense.

Where were you when I needed help with 3 down in the New York Times crossword puzzle the other day?

It's a six letter word for "SKELETON SITE" and the fourth letter is "S."

Old 02-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john(z28jd)

This Corcoran fellow you mentioned Kevin intrigues me. Maybe he did but that should only decrease the value of his cards.I would like to buy at least one of his old judges now that you mentioned it.Luckily he is a common card.

this is my signature