NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-11-2022, 06:01 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson44 View Post
Looks like Nigerian scammers have invaded net 54🤭🤭
No Nigerian Princes have more morals than these guys...said so on facebook...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:41 AM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
No Nigerian Princes have more morals than these guys...said so on facebook...
lol
Old 04-12-2022, 05:59 AM
Rowbeartoe Toemoss

A couple weeks ago I had posted in the B/S/T looking for a 14 CJ Wajo. Sadly, I put my email in the post to have someone email me as another way for communication. I received this morning a offer to buy a PSA 3 14 Wajo for only $700!!!. I knew immediately it was a scam so I decided to play along and ask for it to be coined. Said he couldn’t due to selling for his brother..lol
Old 05-05-2022, 11:23 AM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackaJackKid View Post
A couple weeks ago I had posted in the B/S/T looking for a 14 CJ Wajo. Sadly, I put my email in the post to have someone email me as another way for communication. I received this morning a offer to buy a PSA 3 14 Wajo for only $700!!!. I knew immediately it was a scam so I decided to play along and ask for it to be coined. Said he couldn’t due to selling for his brother..lol
They are trying to get more sneaky.

My WTB Jackie post got a $300 offer on a 54 PSA4, no post and brand new. Obvious scammer but wanted to see what else he had to say (after immediately notifying Leon).

He said paypal g/s was good and then I asked for a coined picture and got a photoshopped coin over the original scan.

Slick. He's banned now.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2022, 12:45 PM
Bob C.

I still say someone should play them and pretend to go along with the deal and maybe ask where they're from, because if they're close, you could swing by to pay in cash and pick it up in person. Of course they won' do that, and will probably tell you they live somewhere else, like in another state. But if you continue to be friendly and press them as to an actual city they live in in that other state/area, you can then act surprised and say hey, that's great, you just happen to have a real good friend/relative that lives in that same city that would be glad to swing by and pay for the item and pick it up for you. You can tell them that you were going to be seeing that friend/relative in the next week or so, and it would save the seller the time/cost of shipping it. Plus they'd get paid in cash. And then you finish off by telling the scammer to not worry about meeting up with your friend/relative, they're a cop, so they wouldn't need to be concerned about someone trying to rip them off.

Can only imagine how quickly they'd then cut off communications, or what new BS they'd come back with. LOL
Old 05-06-2022, 07:29 AM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default Thanks Leon

Recently I received a pm from someone that said they had a card listed on my signature want list. When I checked his profile he was already banned.
Thanks Leon.

CAMNITZ HAH BACK RUN PROJECT:

T206 Camnitz (HAH) AB 460 / SC Fact 25 and OP / EPDG (Upgrade Needed)

T206 Magee Portrait
T206 Walsh
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
T206 Shag
T206 E Collins
Old 05-10-2022, 01:51 PM
J0sh.ua Le0nard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I still say someone should play them and pretend to go along with the deal and maybe ask where they're from, because if they're close, you could swing by to pay in cash and pick it up in person. Of course they won' do that, and will probably tell you they live somewhere else, like in another state. But if you continue to be friendly and press them as to an actual city they live in in that other state/area, you can then act surprised and say hey, that's great, you just happen to have a real good friend/relative that lives in that same city that would be glad to swing by and pay for the item and pick it up for you. You can tell them that you were going to be seeing that friend/relative in the next week or so, and it would save the seller the time/cost of shipping it. Plus they'd get paid in cash. And then you finish off by telling the scammer to not worry about meeting up with your friend/relative, they're a cop, so they wouldn't need to be concerned about someone trying to rip them off.

Can only imagine how quickly they'd then cut off communications, or what new BS they'd come back with. LOL
I had one of them going for a good part of the day a while back. I BCC'd Leon on most of it. The guy kept sending me pics of different cards and when I called him out he said the previous one had sold! lol
Old 05-10-2022, 01:58 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshleon View Post
I had one of them going for a good part of the day a while back. I BCC'd Leon on most of it. The guy kept sending me pics of different cards and when I called him out he said the previous one had sold! lol
Good for you! LOL

Only wish there was some way to really get back at these people. Local law enforcement is virtually worthless, and they aren't really big enough for the feds or other proper authorities to spend the time going after them. And they know it.