NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-13-2020, 11:39 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Default Making Sense of the ACC (The American Card Catalog) Part #1 *YOUTUBE Video*

I was recently asked by some viewers of my YouTube Channel to talk about the ACC and how it is broken down so I made a video that I anticipate being the beginning of a series of videos highlighting some of the different aspects of the ACC. I am making this video simply as a helpful tool for those that want to learn more and for no other reason.

This video may be a bit dry for some but again, it is just an intro into the world of the ACC. If you have a minute (or 30) give the video a look and be sure to like the video if you like it and think about subscribing as well.

I love feedback so let me know what you think. Also be sure to check out some of my other videos as well. I would really appreciate it!

Here's a link to the ACC video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o_OXOJ5kGg

A link to my channel is in my signature below...

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 12-13-2020 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:39 AM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Great video Rhett, thanks for making and sharing it. I'm only giving some feedback as suggestions as you requested.

-I know that in 30 minutes you're only scratching the surface of the ACC, but I think the sweet spot for Youtube videos is 15 minutes or less. I watched the whole video and didn't mind the length, just thinking about the larger Youtube audience.

-If your channel is going to have heavy pre-war content maybe a background featuring that theme might work better. Or maybe even mix it up some. I'm sure you have your reasons for the Topps boxes, just an idea.

-Do you have some sort of logo for Stars of the Diamond? It might be a good idea to put a small watermark in the corner of the videos. You could even make some sort of very short intro with the logo and generic music/sound.

-Certainly nitpicking here, but maybe use printed material instead of handwritten notecards.

-I think maybe some sort of graphical overlays might be a good idea in some spots. Even if it's just a couple of text boxes here and there it helps to keep the viewers eyes on the screen and engaged.

-More on why the ACC exists would be beneficial and interesting to some. I'm thinking more on why Burdick made it? Who is this Burdick guy? What about his collection? Maybe these are some other ideas you already have for the series, and I think they would be interesting.

-A lot of people decide whether or not to watch a video based on the thumbnails. Yours are pretty good, but just be mindful.

Again, just some constructive feedback with maybe some ideas for you. The videos have been great. I'm looking forward to and will be watching your future videos.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:44 AM
M@rk Lu7z

Rhett's Youtube Channel is very listenable: he analyzes many different issues with great clarity and with a most impressive attention to detail. I strongly recommend it.

As for suggestions, I have none for him. (If someone would like to see a shorter presentation, they can always end it early).

My only suggestion for the board is to set up something where we can list/ collect everyone's active Youtube Channel, blog, substack, etc. on collecting.

Mark
Old 12-14-2020, 07:07 AM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeboo View Post
Great video Rhett, thanks for making and sharing it. I'm only giving some feedback as suggestions as you requested.

-I know that in 30 minutes you're only scratching the surface of the ACC, but I think the sweet spot for Youtube videos is 15 minutes or less. I watched the whole video and didn't mind the length, just thinking about the larger Youtube audience.

-If your channel is going to have heavy pre-war content maybe a background featuring that theme might work better. Or maybe even mix it up some. I'm sure you have your reasons for the Topps boxes, just an idea.

-Do you have some sort of logo for Stars of the Diamond? It might be a good idea to put a small watermark in the corner of the videos. You could even make some sort of very short intro with the logo and generic music/sound.

-Certainly nitpicking here, but maybe use printed material instead of handwritten notecards.

-I think maybe some sort of graphical overlays might be a good idea in some spots. Even if it's just a couple of text boxes here and there it helps to keep the viewers eyes on the screen and engaged.

-More on why the ACC exists would be beneficial and interesting to some. I'm thinking more on why Burdick made it? Who is this Burdick guy? What about his collection? Maybe these are some other ideas you already have for the series, and I think they would be interesting.

-A lot of people decide whether or not to watch a video based on the thumbnails. Yours are pretty good, but just be mindful.

Again, just some constructive feedback with maybe some ideas for you. The videos have been great. I'm looking forward to and will be watching your future videos.
Thanks for watching the video and I appreciate the feedback! I really do appreciate the various suggestions.

As time rolls on if I decide to dedicate more time and resources to The channel I will likely use quite a few of your suggestions.

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 12-14-2020, 10:34 AM
Chris / prewarprints.com

Rhett, I've said it privately to you but also wanted to say publicly how much I enjoy your videos. Your knowledge and passion for the hobby are second-to-none, and the videos are always very informative.

My only complaint is your videos usually pique my interest about something to which I've not historically paid attention, and I find myself expanding my collection in even more directions.

Keep up the great work!
Old 12-14-2020, 11:46 AM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

No problem, anything to possibly help.

The mail videos are interesting as there is some surprise there. I watch videos on Youtube of modern collectors that put out quality content. I find modern cards somewhat interesting and those videos satisy my urges to rip packs watching others do it. Then I end up realizing why I stay away from collecting it at the same time, oddly. Occasionally I toy with the idea of getting an Upper Deck Griffey rookie or something like that and ultimately decide it's not for me.

I guess my point is pre-war content is limited and appreciated on that platform. The modern people are being thrown softballs with new product to open every week and that space is getting pretty crowded. It takes more creativity with the older stuff, but you have so much knowledge to share. Once you get into history, players, set details, specific themes, auction trends and all that, there are tons of topics.

I really liked your E121 video. I've been slightly confused reading about the series of 80 backs. You very clearly make the differences obvious. Just a lot to like with all of the videos.

Enough ramblin'