NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 06-26-2021, 10:29 PM
Banned

Default Jordan card...rare or not?

Price check

Just bought a small collection of jordans, nothing big, but found this card. Cannot find ANY comps or prices. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.
Looks like a 1997-98 Upper Deck choice
Year in Review #'d/100

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2021, 04:24 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Since it says "Year in Review" for 1997-98, it is from the following year's set.

"1998-99 Upper Deck UD Choice Prime Choice Reserve" is the parallel #'d to 100.
Back in 2019, a PSA 8 sold through PWCC for $400 according to PSA.
https://www.psacard.com/auctionprice.../values/434878

Then it looks like a PSA 9 might have only sold for $50 in Jan 2020. However, it's possible that one was mislabeled by PSA and is actually a different parallel. It could have just been a Choice Reserve, not the Prime numbered to 100. Looking hard at the scan on PSA's site, this looks to be a mislabeled one since the hologram does not encroach on the bottom of the statue Jordan is holding, so it probably does not say "Prime" there.

If you look it up in PWCC's card sale database or maybe even VCP, you might be able to see the back of the card to confirm it's not numbered and PSA made a mistake in attributing it.

So yes, it looks like your card is pretty valuable. Remember, 2019 prices are way lower than you would expect to get now after the COVID price runup and Last Dance documentary came out.

Also, since this is a basketball card, this thread really belongs in the basketball section. But welcome to Net54.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 06-27-2021 at 04:31 AM.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:56 AM
Banned

Swarmee- thanks for the wealth of information! In your opinion, what's your estimation on value? Also my apologies on posting here, it was late at night and I thought I had the correct section

Old 06-27-2021, 07:25 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

The market exploded over the past year and a half, but started cooling back off. I would say $1000 would not be out of the question. Most of the consignment houses on eBay now require only graded cards to be auctioned off. I would recommend sending to SGC and then to a consignment house if you planned to sell.
Maybe PC Sportscards would be best for this one? I really can't recommend PWCC or Probstein, and I would usually recommend COMC but their auctions are hit or miss and their customer service/shipping is so backlogged right now they're struggling.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 06-27-2021, 07:27 AM
Banned

Again, many thanks on the information. In negotiations with someone at the moment. Will post its conclusions later today.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:49 PM
Shane

And yet.... Just to look at it... It looks like a card you would see in a dealers $1 box! I would have never thought that card would have much value.... But I have never seen it before either.

Congrats on the hidden gem!

Last edited by frankhardy; 06-28-2021 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-28-2021, 08:03 PM
Banned

Thanks.....btw, just sold for $900!