NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Banned

Default Vegas....

Vegas has a prop bet on who is the first member to actually recieve a infraction charge. So far Bruce has a warning but no penalties have been handed out. Rambo was closed in using the word "mutha" in pushing the limits of the holy ones but after a large inner circle meeting their was no flag thrown.

Last edited by Reginald Marsh; 08-27-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Marsh View Post
Vegas has a prop bet on who is the first member to actually recieve a inraction charge. So far Bruce has a warning but no penalties have been handed out. Rambo was closed in using the word "mutha" in pushing the limits of the holy ones but after a large inner circle meeting their was no flag thrown.
Are you allowed to bet on yourself? I give that 3-2 odds....
Old 08-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Peter Spaeth

Talk about people who live in glass houses, "bro", you are lucky you didn't get banned for this.

"Uummmmmm....Peter here is my question to you. Who the F&^ck are you?"
Old 08-27-2009, 01:08 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Ha...sweet! Now that I know who it is...

This message is hidden because Reginald Marsh is on your ignore list.

edit: MUTE BUTTON~!

Last edited by chaddurbin; 08-27-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: too bad i won't be able to see the 4fig card for charity :(
Old 08-27-2009, 02:49 PM

Quan deserves some sort of award for mentioning this "ignore" feature. This is going to be fun!
Old 08-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Banned

Default Award....

Quan does recieve the i want to look like Kurt Kobain with dreads award.

Please note Spade that my question was asked to you after you and your partner in crime Mr. Goat were making false implications in regards to Dick Towle selling and marketing a formula to remove ink from baseballs.

Also note you answered the question with a question because ummm let's see ohhhhh i know you did not have a answer.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Peter Spaeth

Block the Noize!! Great feature, gents.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:01 PM

Wow! Thanks Quan, using the ignore button I can safely swim in the sea of card collecting mediocrity without reading any barbs and no longer have to listen to the "noize." The Board just got 100% better!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Banned

I did not realize anyone was forcing you to read the thread or hear the "Noize". The last time i checked you have to click on a thread to read it. If i were the ultra sensitive type that easily was offended i would probably stay away from certain individuals posts.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
I did not realize anyone was forcing you to read the thread or hear the "Noize". The last time i checked you have to click on a thread to read it. If i were the ultra sensitive type that easily was offended i would probably stay away from certain individuals posts.
Interesting. You've complained quite loudly about threads about Mastro/Legendary and any other subject you don't like. Perhaps you should heed your own advice?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Peter Spaeth

Is there a feature that will block the portion of other posts quoting the Noize?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Banned

for someone that is constantly whining about blocking or banning you sure like to be involved in alot of threads that you say you are against.

I think my new nickname for you will be BB Spade and of course the BB stands for Ban Block.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Rich Klein

Default Hey

After the continuing saga of Doug Allen of Legendary -- and Silk Road Equity and formerly of Mastro -- isn't a little comic relief not a bad thing for this board. And then Scott Susor and PSA and censorship from PSA and whatever other great guys I forgot to mention -- isn't a little "noizey" comic relief a fun thing to go to on this board.

I can use the break - -and I'll volunteer myself for a banning if needed

Regards
Rich
Old 08-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Dan Bretta

The "Noize" would be fine if it wasn't so demeaning and mysogynistic at times.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Dan, Peter is a guy (I mean he at least looks like one in his picture).
Old 08-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Dan, Peter is a guy (I mean he at least looks like one in his picture).
Yes...I know. I was referring to his treatment of Joann.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

Marshall is not a misogynist, he treats everyone like s**t.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Banned

Default Old news....

Everyone has their own idealogy and also their own opinion on what is demeaning. Also i see BB is now swearing which is odd because like a few posts ago he thought i should be banned for swearing.

I think i just saw this new set of guidelines set forth by Leon and the boys and now here we have BB cussing on my thread spouting a incorrect statement in regards to who i am. It truly does not bother me if people cuss because i am not the sensitive wuss type but be careful BB because Vegas now has you at 6/5 for being handed the first demerit.

I must say i enjoy when Lichtman posts because i just love that Hal Chase pose, it is one of favorites and he looks cool getting ready to fire the ball into home plate.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Banned

Please note Peter i know exactly who you are and really am just horsing around. I figured such a high and mighty suedo corporate attorney would be really thick skinned and not pick on guys like Dick Towle or small time card dealers who really mean no one any harm.

I did see a newsflash though where you are going to be moved up the ladder to partner because of your tenacity in hunting down baseball card alterers. Yep front page news at WilmerHale folks good ol BB Spade can now sit up at the top and slowly twist his toothpick side to side as he puts his feet up on his desk and puts out his new office plaque which reads

BB spade-Partner, chair Baseball Card altering division
Old 08-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Please note Peter i know exactly who you are and really am just horsing around. I figured such a high and mighty suedo corporate attorney would be really thick skinned and not pick on guys like Dick Towle or small time card dealers who really mean no one any harm.

I did see a newsflash though where you are going to be moved up the ladder to partner because of your tenacity in hunting down baseball card alterers. Yep front page news at WilmerHale folks good ol BB Spade can now sit up at the top and slowly twist his toothpick side to side as he puts his feet up on his desk and puts out his new office plaque which reads

BB spade-Partner, chair Baseball Card altering division
How is questioning someone who admits they doctor cards (a big no-no in our hobby at present) "picking" on them? Dick Towle just two years ago admitted in SCD that at least 50% of hobbyist do not like what he does so I imagine he can handle being "picked" on.

Now who are the small time card dealers that Peter is "picking" on? I must have missed those posts.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Banned

Well counselor Bretta questioning is alot different than badgering. It was not as if BB asked like one or two questions and then stopped. If you read the thread from start to finish it looked to me as if Dick were on trial.

I can recall BB on other threads getting into it with people but it was a while back and perhaps they could be collectors instead of dealers. Honestly i don't have anything against the guy and my question was not malicious.

At the National a guy rolled up and started talking about a certain Great Guy's opinion on a card i had in my case. My response was who the F is he? GASP- people did not like flip out or call 911 or think i was the antichrist or anything. Actually the dealer besides me who happens to have probably one of the top 5 collections in the world started laughing and when the guy left the dealer said that he agreed with my statement and that their are way to many so called Fing experts in the hobby.