NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-30-2021, 10:52 AM
Peter Spaeth

Default Outed PSA 10 Gary Carter being sold for second time by PWCC after PSA "review"

Compare the thread outing the card
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...ghlight=carter

With the current auction
https://www.ebay.com/itm/14404608875...IAAOSwNj1gpwDc

And read Brentsy's somewhat deceptive description. NO, the prior question wasn't really the accuracy of the grade, it was whether the card had been altered.

"Be advised that this item was previously listed for sale and a question was raised regarding the accuracy of the professional grade. This item was subsequently re-submitted to PSA for their technical review. Upon review, PSA confirmed that the grade is in conformity with PSA’s current grading standards."

It appears what PSA did with AJ's Leaf Jackie is how they are going to handle these going forward. One would have hoped the new regime would do better.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-30-2021 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-30-2021, 11:44 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Maybe they should just abandon their so called and worthless guarantee. Very misleading and rigged process from the start.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:08 PM
Johnny MaZilli

So they just say send it back for review, subsequently returning it back saying it’s fine and fits their grading standards ?

Key Words He Uses Technical Review and Professional Grade.....I feel That’s PWCC Lawyer Speak way out of any liabilities by disclosure with gibberish.

Nothing is ever going to change with both companies. I’ve accepted it.

Last edited by Johnny630; 05-30-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:41 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
So they just say send it back for review, subsequently returning it back saying it’s fine and fits their grading standards ?

Key Words He Uses Technical Review and Professional Grade.....I feel That’s PWCC Lawyer Speak way out of any liabilities by disclosure with gibberish.

The ultimate power play, just reaffirm the bad grade. When you control the market you can do that.

If I say it's safe to surf this beach, damn it, it's safe to surf this beach.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-30-2021 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:02 PM
CoreyRS.hanus

PSA giving the finger to Blowout IMO is an existential necessity for them given their potential exposure under their "guaranty".

Also, as has been discussed before, the notion that PSA would ever objectively re evaluate a card resubmitted under their "guaranty" IMO is oxymoronic.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
PSA giving the finger to Blowout IMO is an existential necessity for them given their potential exposure under their "guaranty".

Also, as has been discussed before, the notion that PSA would ever objectively re evaluate a card resubmitted under their "guaranty" IMO is oxymoronic.
As I posted somewhere it's like the old Outer Limits opening. To paraphrase, do not adjust your television set, we control the horizontal, we control the vertical.

Old 05-30-2021, 01:09 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post

Even more broadly, it seems reaching an accommodation with card doctors is an existential necessity for TPGs, auction houses and many dealers. These scumbags have completely overrun the hobby and have it by the throat. And how ironic, given PSA's original mission/justification.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-30-2021 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:17 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:

You have accepted it.

I removed the name from the quote because when I say "you", I mean it in the collective sense.

"YOU" accepting it is actually the issue.

The opinion seller doubles down on its lie, the seller of said lie doubles down on the same lie, and there bids are hidden, so who knows how many bids (and bidders) there really are.

You buyers of opinions planted this garden, watered it, and reap it's rewards (both good and bad).

Doug "YOU have accepted it" Goodman

Last edited by doug.goodman; 05-30-2021 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:20 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
You have accepted it.

I removed the name from the quote because when I say "you", I mean it in the collective sense.

"YOU" accepting it is actually the issue.

The opinion seller doubles down on its lie, the seller of said lie doubles down on the same lie, and there bids are hidden, so who knows how many bids (and bidders) there really are.

You buyers of opinions planted this garden, watered it, and reap it's rewards (both good and bad).

Doug "YOU have accepted it" Goodman
That’s True... I may not like it Buy I Accept it.
Old 05-31-2021, 02:32 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
That’s True... I may not like it But I Accept it.
But you DO like it enough to accept it.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:12 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Remember when people were saying there was no conspiracy? Are they still saying that?
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:45 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Compare the thread outing the card
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showth...ghlight=carter

With the current auction
https://www.ebay.com/itm/14404608875...IAAOSwNj1gpwDc

And read Brentsy's somewhat deceptive description. NO, the prior question wasn't really the accuracy of the grade, it was whether the card had been altered.

"Be advised that this item was previously listed for sale and a question was raised regarding the accuracy of the professional grade. This item was subsequently re-submitted to PSA for their technical review. Upon review, PSA confirmed that the grade is in conformity with PSA’s current grading standards."

It appears what PSA did with AJ's Leaf Jackie is how they are going to handle these going forward. One would have hoped the new regime would do better.
“We have investigated ourselves, and found nothing wrong.”