NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-22-2020, 05:49 PM
Alan Strout

Default Baltimore Sun Posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles70 View Post
Here is a Frank Robinson from a 1971 Baltimore Sun poster set...the posters are about 14 x 22...I would like to complete the set but unsure how many are in the set...I have the Frank and six other Orioles and know the set has at least 12 posters...I have a checklist for #2-12 and presume Brooks is #1 since he is not in #2-12...anybody have additional info or a complete checklist
There are 14 posters in the 1971 set

1. Brooks Robinson
2. Frank Robinson
3. Boog Powell
4. Dave McNally
5. Paul Blair
6. Mike Cuellar
7. Andy Etchebarren
8. Mark Belanger
9. Don Buford
10. Davey Johnson
11. Jim Palmer
12. Merv Rettenmund
13. Pat Dobson
14. Earl Weaver

I also have two 1972 Baltimore Sun Posters

Don Baylor and Bob Grich

and a 1971 Brooks Robinson from the Boston Globe dated 8/8/71

I'll try and post pics when I get back to Maine. I have some dupe 1971 Orioles. John, give me a shout in May and I'll see if I can help you complete the set.

Last edited by BaltOrioles; 01-22-2020 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:59 PM
Tony

I picked up this Blade game worn jersey as a gift for my wife. Yup a game worn jersey for my wife for Christmas, what’s better than that? She worked with Mark’s son Rob for over 15 years and became very close with the whole family. Rob unfortunately passed away 3 years ago at the age of 47 from the same form of cancer that took Mark’s life at such a young age. I thought the jersey would be a great tribute to her friend who was just a tremendous person. She loves it and is still looking for the perfect place to showcase it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3771900D-F71D-4AD2-8A8D-C7D4AC7CF34C.jpg (14.3 KB, 165 views)
Old 01-22-2020, 07:15 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltOrioles View Post
There are 14 posters in the 1971 set

1. Brooks Robinson

2. Frank Robinson

3. Boog Powell

4. Dave McNally

5. Paul Blair

6. Mike Cuellar

7. Andy Etchebarren

8. Mark Belanger

9. Don Buford

10. Davey Johnson

11. Jim Palmer

12. Merv Rettenmund

13. Pat Dobson

14. Earl Weaver

I also have two 1972 Baltimore Sun Posters

Don Baylor and Bob Grich

and a 1971 Brooks Robinson from the Boston Globe dated 8/8/71

I'll try and post pics when I get back to Maine. I always have some dupe 1971 Orioles. John, give me a shout in May and I'll see if I can help you complete the set.
I would certainly appreciate any help...I figured Brooks was #1 and was sure they must have had Dobson and Weaver in there...so I have half of the set...yay!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2020, 02:06 AM
M@rk Comer

Day 23 (January 23, 2020 – 023)

I really don’t know much about this piece which is a couple of photos mounted to a wood frame with an engraved plaque. I’ve seen these a few times over the years with other Orioles players pictured as well. This one is for a Baltimore company, Ezrine Tire Company, and was displayed in their business in 1976. My guess would be that this company sponsored the Orioles in some way and were given these displays to hang on the wall for all their customers to see. Most of the photos I’ve seen on these wood frames, if not all, were taken by Jerry Wachter, a popular Orioles team photographer, who started during the 1970 season and worked until 2005. Jerry also did contract work for Topps and Sports Illustrated (SI used his photos on 32 covers; Jerry was an awesome photographer).

1976 Ezrine – Brooks Robinson

Day 23 a.jpg

I also have an example of Earl Weaver, with a photo mounted on a wood frame, from the Ezrine Tire Company from 1978. Earl was in his glory when he was around umpires.

1978 Ezrine – Earl Weaver

Day 23 b (2).jpg
Old 01-23-2020, 02:13 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunzio11 View Post
I picked up this Blade game worn jersey as a gift for my wife. Yup a game worn jersey for my wife for Christmas, what’s better than that? She worked with Mark’s son Rob for over 15 years and became very close with the whole family. Rob unfortunately passed away 3 years ago at the age of 47 from the same form of cancer that took Mark’s life at such a young age. I thought the jersey would be a great tribute to her friend who was just a tremendous person. She loves it and is still looking for the perfect place to showcase it.
Tony,

That's awesome! I'm also partial to the orange jerseys; think they look great. Now get that Blade jersey displayed...

We're in Day 23 and Mark Belanger has been mentioned several times. I know he was one of my favorite Orioles and was, in my view, the best defensive shortstop on the Orioles (that's saying something in itself) and possibly one of the greatest in all of baseball.

Last edited by Mark70Z; 01-23-2020 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:33 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Poll

If you haven't already take the poll that Clint set up: What Is Your Favorite Brooks Robinson Card? 1957 thru 1963

Should be fun to discuss...
Old 01-23-2020, 02:34 AM

Ezrine is definitely an Orioles sponsor. I can remember Chuck Thompson promoting them during his broadcast. I might be wrong with this but (it has been 40 plus years ) I feel Chuck would even give an address or a street location. Something like “ visit Ezrine for all your cars needs on Loch Raven Blvd “
Really unique photo Mark. Thanks for posting it and bringing back memories.

I just did a quick google search-no Ezrine on Loch Raven...only on Baltimore National Pike Belair. Maybe they had one on Loch Raven and closed up shop.

Last edited by quitcrab; 01-23-2020 at 05:17 AM.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:19 AM

Default 68 Game Frank Square Cut

Another square cut from my collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brooks 68 Game Frank.jpg (14.5 KB, 159 views)
Old 01-23-2020, 06:55 AM
Bill H@e1ig

I enjoy collecting game used Orioles bats from the 1970's/80's, particularly those from the Bicentennial year of 1976....I'll post one Bicentennial bat a month (until I run out lol):

Here is a Mark Belanger game used bat from his only All Star Season:

Old 01-23-2020, 08:54 AM
Alan Strout

Default Orioles Postcards

Yesterday, I mentioned postcards produced by Mike Andersen. While many of his postcards focused on the west coast teams (A's and Giants), he did a group of 29 Orioles in 1969. These are very well done with very glossy fronts. They have postcard backs and most have "Photo by Mike Andersen" stamped on on the back.

1969 Mike Andersen Postcards (I Have These)

1969 Mike Andersen 01.jpg 1969 Mike Andersen 02.jpg
1969 Mike Andersen 03.jpg 1969 Mike Andersen 04.jpg
1969 Mike Andersen 05.jpg

These are the Orioles I still need PLUS Fred Beene, Dick Hall and Brooks Robinson (no photos available). I'm very interested in picking up any of these.

M. Adamson (Mike Andersen).jpg M. Lopez (Mike Andersen).jpg J. Palmer (Mike Andersen).jpg M. Rettenmund (Mike Andersen).jpg
Mike Adamson, Marcelino Lopez, Jim Palmer, Merv Rettenmund
P.Richert (Mike Andersen).jpg F. Robinson #1 (Mike Anderson).jpg F. Robinson #2 (Mike Andersen).jpg A. Severinsen (Mike Andersen).jpg
Pete Richert, Frank Robinson (2 diff), Al Severinsen
Old 01-23-2020, 10:19 AM
Clint

Never seen those before Alan. Didn’t realize there were so many Orioles items I knew nothing about.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:34 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Yesterday, I mentioned postcards produced by Mike Andersen. While many of his postcards focused on the west coast teams (A's and Giants), he did a group of 29 Orioles in 1969. These are very well done with very glossy fronts. They have postcard backs and most have "Photo by Mike Andersen" stamped on on the back.

1969 Mike Andersen Postcards
These are the Orioles I still need PLUS Fred Beene, Dick Hall and Brooks Robinson (no photos available). I'm very interested in picking up any of these.

Mike Adamson, Marcelino Lopez, Jim Palmer,
Merv Rettenmund Pete Richert, Frank Robinson (2 diff), Al Severinsen
Alan,

I’m not familiar with this set. Can I see a picture of the backs?
Old 01-23-2020, 10:59 AM
Alan Strout

Default Orioles Postcards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Alan,

I’m not familiar with this set. Can I see a picture of the backs?
Mark,

Here are scans of the backs. Most have a blue or black stamp. A couple
don't have any stamp. All have the name written on the back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Andersen PC Backs.JPG (34.7 KB, 153 views)

Last edited by BaltOrioles; 01-23-2020 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles70 View Post
Good eye on catching the boxes...I put the magazines on top of one of my cases to take the pics...case shows full display boxes from 1951-1975 of Topps, Bowman and Fleer with wrappers and duplicate cards in the boxes...it's off topic but thought I would post at least the one pic...if any interest I would post a few more

John

Incredible display! Love it, John
Old 01-23-2020, 04:13 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoran19 View Post
Incredible display! Love it, John
Thank you...it was extremely enjoyable collecting the boxes and wrappers...and does make for a nice colorful display when all together.

Old 01-23-2020, 05:35 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcrab View Post
Another square cut from my collection.
The Frank example might look even better than the Brooks square cut... Great looking proof.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:37 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
I enjoy collecting game used Orioles bats from the 1970's/80's, particularly those from the Bicentennial year of 1976....I'll post one Bicentennial bat a month (until I run out lol):

Here is a Mark Belanger game used bat from his only All Star Season:

Man, you've got a great collection. I love the Bicentennial bats even though I only have ONE. Of course Belanger is a favorite.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:38 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Mark,

Here are scans of the backs. Most have a blue or black stamp. A couple
don't have any stamp. All have the name written on the back.
I definitely don't have any of those. Just so cool to see something I've never seen before. I figure by now I've seen most Orioles items, but surely I haven't. Thanks for posting the backs as well.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:45 PM
M@rk Comer

Default Orioles Waste Basket

Posted for Clint (ksfarmboy) Clint had a waste basket that I hadn't seen before. I love all the odd-ball Oriole items.

Waste Basket 1.jpg
Waste Basket 2.jpg
Waste Basket 3.jpg
Old 01-24-2020, 04:22 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Norman Rockwell

Day 24 (January 24, 2020 – 024)

Norman Rockwell was an American painter who was best known for his cover illustrations of everyday life for The Saturday Evening Post magazine. In 1971 Rockwell painted Brooks in a painting called, “Gee, Thanks Brooks”. Shows Brooks autographing a baseball for a young fan, like he’s done millions of times, with fans in the background (including Rockwell).

I don’t know if you guys know it or not, probably do, but Brooks is naturally left-handed. You can see in the painting and if you ever had anything signed by him he writes with his left hand. Davey Johnson, who played second base for the Orioles, when Robinson was the third baseman, had something to say about Brooks being left-handed. Davey said, “I looked at Brooks and thought to myself, ‘He’s the best defensive third baseman of all time, and he writes with his left hand.’ So, I wrote with my left hand for a year hoping that it would make me a better defensive second baseman. It didn’t work.”

I tried to post a large nicely framed ATO (Rawlings) Norman Rockwell poster rendition for Clint, but just couldn't get it from not being sideways. So, we'll have to go with a not so nice version of my poster. I have to get one of these framed and up on the wall someday.

Norman Rockwell print of “Gee, Thanks Brooks”:

Day 24.jpg

I"m sure you’ll see more of this same Rockwell image in the coming year…
Old 01-24-2020, 05:16 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Doug DeCinces

Posted for Clint (ksfarmboy) If there was ever an Oriole that I really felt sorry for was Doug DeCinces. I'm very sure taking over third base for Brooks Robinson was not easy; the Oriole fans can be cruel at times...

Here we have a Doug DeCinces 1980 Orioles alternate jersey; love the ORANGE!

Doug DeCinces front.jpg
Doug DeCinces back 1.jpg

Clint,

You have some awesome jerseys in your collection!
Old 01-24-2020, 05:25 AM

Default Brooks

Love the Rockwell print Mark. On a side note did you guys know that Rockwell painted himself into the crowd ? Can you find him? Did you also know Brooks owned the original oil painting and sold it in the Heritage Auction a couple years back. He donated all the funds he raised to charity! What a great human being.

Here is another item from my collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brooks Orioles Team 1972.jpg (78.3 KB, 143 views)
Old 01-24-2020, 09:53 AM
Alan Strout

Default On this date

A few more team issued 8x10 photos. I'm sorry, but I just love the team issued stuff. Let me know if you have some obscure Oriole player you loved as a kid and I'll do my best to post them.

On January 24, 1961 the Kansas City A's traded Whitey Herzog and Russ Snyder to the Orioles for Wayne Causey, Jim Archer, Bob Boyd, and Al Pilarcik. Clint Courtney was also sent to the A's, but returned to the Orioles in April.

Herzog, Whitey 1.jpg

Whitey Herzog only lasted 2 seasons, but ended up a pretty good manager.

Snyder, Russ 3.jpg

Russ Snyder played 7 seasons with the Orioles and was fairly productive hitting .290 or better in 4 seasons, with a high of .306 for the 1966 World Series champions.

Sent to the Kansas City A's

Causey, Wayne 3.jpg

Archer, Jim 1.jpg

Boyd, Bob 2.jpg

Pilarcik, Al 3.jpg
Old 01-24-2020, 10:24 AM
Clint

Bob Boyd was a super nice guy. Met him at a card show in Wichita when I was a kid. Still have the signed 53 Topps of him.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:26 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
A few more team issued 8x10 photos. I'm sorry, but I just love the team issued stuff. Let me know if you have some obscure Oriole player you loved as a kid and I'll do my best to post them.

On January 24, 1961 the Kansas City A's traded Whitey Herzog and Russ Snyder to the Orioles for Wayne Causey, Jim Archer, Bob Boyd, and Al Pilarcik. Clint Courtney was also sent to the A's, but returned to the Orioles in April.

Whitey Herzog only lasted 2 seasons, but ended up a pretty good manager.

Russ Snyder played 7 seasons with the Orioles and was fairly productive hitting .290 or better in 4 seasons, with a high of .306 for the 1966 World Series champions. Sent to the Kansas City A's
Alan,

Please don’t be sorry and please keep posting the team issue photos; love ‘Em!

Just wondering do you have any photos of Bobby Young, Angelo Dagres, Hank Majeski, Bobby Adams or Grady Hatton wearing #5?

I know they’re not obscure, but do you have any early Belanger, Aparicio, or Powell?
Old 01-24-2020, 02:36 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcrab View Post
Love the Rockwell print Mark. On a side note did you guys know that Rockwell painted himself into the crowd ? Can you find him? Did you also know Brooks owned the original oil painting and sold it in the Heritage Auction a couple years back. He donated all the funds he raised to charity! What a great human being.

Here is another item from my collection.
Scott,

That's a cool piece. Is that a poster or what is it exactly. Looks like the photos that they used for the team issue items.

Brooks is just an all around good guy. He definitely is a generous person...
Old 01-24-2020, 03:04 PM
Alan Strout

Default Orioles Photos

Quote:
Alan,

Just wondering do you have any photos of Bobby Young, Angelo Dagres, Hank Majeski, Bobby Adams or Grady Hatton wearing #5?
I have photos of those guys, but none that show the #5 on back. Some of the early Orioles jerseys didn't have the number on front. Most of the team issues are head shots. Here is the Angelo Dagres as an example.

Dagres, Angelo 1.jpg
Old 01-24-2020, 03:22 PM
Alan Strout

Default Orioles Posters

Quote:
Scott,

That's a cool piece. Is that a poster or what is it exactly. Looks like the photos that they used for the team issue items.
Mark,

It is like a poster, but printed on thicker cardboard. There is a similar poster for the 1971 team. Many of the photos are the same as the team issued postcards. There are a few different poses that I've never seen as postcards. I don't have mine with me in Florida to give you better details, but the photos are smaller than postcard size. They are tough to find in great shape.

There were also posters made of the 1979 and 1983 teams that look very similar to uncut sheets of postcards. They are printed on postcard stock, the photos are postcard size, but the back is blank. I think there is one on eBay currently.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:35 PM
Alan Strout

Default Orioles Photos

Quote:

I know they’re not obscure, but do you have any early Belanger, Aparicio, or Powell?
Here are the earliest team issued 8x10 photos I have of Belanger, Aparicio and Powell. Notice Boog Powell is wearing #16.

Belanger, Mark 1.jpg

Aparicio, Luis 1.jpg

Powell, Boog 1.JPG

Powell, Boog 2.jpg
Old 01-24-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Mark,

It is like a poster, but printed on thicker cardboard. There is a similar poster for the 1971 team. Many of the photos are the same as the team issued postcards. There are a few different poses that I've never seen as postcards. I don't have mine with me in Florida to give you better details, but the photos are smaller than postcard size. They are tough to find in great shape.

There were also posters made of the 1979 and 1983 teams that look very similar to uncut sheets of postcards. They are printed on postcard stock, the photos are postcard size, but the back is blank. I think there is one on eBay currently.
Allan nailed it. I will try to post the 71 poster next week. It’s on a card stock not paper as Allan stated. I remember the 83 poster because a young Ripken was on it

Last edited by quitcrab; 01-24-2020 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:21 PM
Phil Apostle
Ph,il Ap0stle

I'll try to dig up some black & white 35mm of Brooks as well...I have a few games with 100+ frames from each during the 65-68 seasons but they're all over the place...man, I have GOT to get organized...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brooks 55.jpg (77.0 KB, 137 views)
Old 01-24-2020, 06:56 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Here are the earliest team issued 8x10 photos I have of Belanger, Aparicio and Powell. Notice Boog Powell is wearing #16.
Thanks for posting those for me; all look very cool. Love the old school look on those photos.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:58 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil68 View Post
I'll try to dig up some black & white 35mm of Brooks as well...I have a few games with 100+ frames from each during the 65-68 seasons but they're all over the place...man, I have GOT to get organized...
Phil,

Thanks for posting the great looking Brooksie card; nice setup...

Yes; please break out some B&W 35mm; would love to see some.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:01 PM
M@rk Comer

Posted for Scott (quitcrab). Believe this is a Rawlings advertising poster featuring several shots of Brooks.

Rawlings Adv Poster.jpg

Last edited by Mark70Z; 01-24-2020 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:38 PM
Clint

Holy cow where do I get my poster? That’s sweet!
Old 01-25-2020, 03:39 AM
M@rk Comer

Default #5

Day 25 (January 25, 2020 – 025)

I try, when possible, to pick up items that relate to the #5; the uniform number Brooks wore and has been retired, by the Orioles. This is an example of one of those type items; an original brass aisle marker that was embedded in the concrete aisles at Memorial Stadium where both the Orioles and Colts played.

Memorial Stadium brass aisle marker

Day 25 a.jpg

I loved going to Memorial Stadium when I was young. Here’s a picture of a crowd going into Memorial back in the day. Think this picture is from the 1969 World Series, or at least the playoffs, since it has the banner of the Cuckoo Bird, or I prefer the Angry Bird, that came out in 1968; banner states “Year of the Bird”. Of course, you see the bunting in the photo as well and they are not usually out for regular season games.

Day 25 b.jpg
Old 01-25-2020, 04:04 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Lee May

Posted for Clint (ksfarmboy) Clint has for us today a 1977 Orioles road jersey of Lee 'The Big Bopper' May. May played for the Orioles six years and helped the Orioles reach the 1979 World Series.

Brooks was already called "The Human Vacuum Cleaner", but Lee May asked, "Where do they plug Mr. Hoover in?" So, "Hoover" was yet another nickname associated with Brooks. I don't know if you recall, but May hit .389 and set a record for five games with eight RBI's in the 1970 World Series.

Lee May Jersey front.jpg
Lee May Jersey back.jpg
Old 01-25-2020, 09:00 AM
Alan Strout

Default 1981 Charlotte O's Game

I thought I would post an item today that most of you have never seen. While not directly a Brooks Robinson
or Orioles item, it's still pretty interesting.

Today's item is a Charlotte O's board game from 1981. Charlotte was an Orioles minor league affiliate from 1976-1988.
I don't have a lot of details surrounding the distribution, but I believe it was either a giveaway or more likely sold
in the team store. My only reasoning that it might be a giveaway is that along with a set of O's cards was a set
of Orlando Twins cards.

Unfortunately, it was issued in 1981 and not 1980, so no Cal Ripken Jr card. Some future Orioles included
with the game are Storm Davis, John Shelby and Vic Rodriguez.

Any additional info would be appreciated.

1981 Charlotte O's Game Contents.jpg

1981 Charlotte O's Game Cards #1.jpg

1981 Charlotte O's Game Instructions #1.jpg

Last edited by BaltOrioles; 01-25-2020 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:46 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Thanks for sharing that Charlotte O's game......You are correct that it's something that is seen infrequently...

Staying with a Charlotte O's theme, here is an original team signed document from the National Association (governing body of the Minor Leagues) that confirmed each member of the team has read & understood Rule 21 (the rule that prohibits anyone from betting on a game, accepting a bribe, etc.).

The 1980 Charlotte O's did end up winning the Southern League championship that season, led by a young third baseman by the name of Cal Ripken Jr.:

Last edited by roarfrom34; 01-25-2020 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:29 AM
Bill H@e1ig

I do know this 1980 Team Photo was a giveaway at Crockett Park in 1981 (most likely Opening Night when they raised the Championship Banner):

Old 01-25-2020, 12:48 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
I thought I would post an item today that most of you have never seen. While not directly a Brooks Robinson
or Orioles item, it's still pretty interesting.

Today's item is a Charlotte O's board game from 1981. Charlotte was an Orioles minor league affiliate from 1976-1988.
I don't have a lot of details surrounding the distribution, but I believe it was either a giveaway or more likely sold
in the team store. My only reasoning that it might be a giveaway is that along with a set of O's cards was a set
of Orlando Twins cards.

Unfortunately, it was issued in 1981 and not 1980, so no Cal Ripken Jr card. Some future Orioles included
with the game are Storm Davis, John Shelby and Vic Rodriguez.

Any additional info would be appreciated.
Any board game with baseball cards included is alright with me. I like the look of both the O's and the Twins cards. Wonder if they had other team cards made for all the teams to make the game even more interesting.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:49 PM
M@rk Comer

[QUOTE=roarfrom34;1949976]Thanks for sharing that Charlotte O's game......You are correct that it's something that is seen infrequently...

Staying with a Charlotte O's theme, here is an original team signed document from the National Association (governing body of the Minor Leagues) that confirmed each member of the team has read & understood Rule 21 (the rule that prohibits anyone from betting on a game, accepting a bribe, etc.).

The 1980 Charlotte O's did end up winning the Southern League championship that season, led by a young third baseman by the name of Cal Ripken Jr.: /QUOTE]

Quote:
I do know this 1980 Team Photo was a giveaway at Crockett Park in 1981 (most likely Opening Night when they raised the Championship Banner):
Two really neat items. The signed piece is off the charts and love team pictures; especially with Rip included.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:54 PM
M@rk Comer

Posted for Scott (quitcrab) Another great B&W poster of Brooks.

70 WS Dive.jpg
Old 01-25-2020, 01:20 PM
Phil Apostle
Ph,il Ap0stle

Default A couple of Brooks images...

Here's a couple...I'll have to scan in others at some point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brooks-001.jpg (37.6 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg Brooks_Boog-001.jpg (32.9 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg Brooks_Gallery_12x12-001.jpg (64.9 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg Brooks69c_MASTER-001.jpg (79.9 KB, 128 views)
Old 01-25-2020, 01:50 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Any board game with baseball cards included is alright with me. I like the look of both the O's and the Twins cards. Wonder if they had other team cards made for all the teams to make the game even more interesting.
Mark, from the limited # of games I've ever seen they have all included the Twins team & I don't believe they made others...
Old 01-25-2020, 04:03 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil68 View Post
Here's a couple...I'll have to scan in others at some point.
Phil,

Those are awesome; thanks for digging them out. I’m definitely a photo guy and enjoy both collecting and viewing photos In reference to the first color photo you listed; have you sold any negatives and/or photos from this night game? I have a similar photo that I purchased several years ago that’s definitely from the same roll. Love the young Brooks at a night game. Thanks for sharing these great shots.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:09 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Mark, from the limited # of games I've ever seen they have all included the Twins team & I don't believe they made others...
That’s weird since they have the other team logo listed/pictured on the board.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:49 PM
Phil Apostle
Ph,il Ap0stle

Quote:
Phil,

Those are awesome; thanks for digging them out. I’m definitely a photo guy and enjoy both collecting and viewing photos In reference to the first color photo you listed; have you sold any negatives and/or photos from this night game? I have a similar photo that I purchased several years ago that’s definitely from the same roll. Love the young Brooks at a night game. Thanks for sharing these great shots.
You bet!
Yes. I have sold some photos. I have also had some files stolen--as is common these days. The image is originally a 35mm kodachrome. It can make up to about 24x36" before it loses clarity.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:02 PM
Mike Magee

Here's my favorite photo of Brooks. It's from the 1965 Who's Who in Baseball magazine. Is that really John Orsino?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brooks wrong photo.jpg (38.1 KB, 122 views)
Old 01-25-2020, 06:09 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripfan008 View Post
Here's my favorite photo of Brooks. It's from the 1965 Who's Who in Baseball magazine. Is that really John Orsino?
Joe Jackson.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.