NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-31-2010, 08:34 PM

Default Baseball Magazine M113s & M114s

I was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit about these poster-sized photo cards that were produced by Baseball Magazine? I was able to figure out what they are via online searches, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on them. I have in the M113s (the larger of the two): Christy Mathewson, Nap Lajoie, Ty Cobb, John McGraw, Hans (Honus) Wagner, Larry Doyle, and one of Walter Johnson's pitching arm (it's a horizontal of Johnson from the waist up with no shirt and his arm extended). The M114s I have are: Babe Ruth (batting in a Boston Red Sox uniform), Ross Young, Rogers Hornsby, Grover Cleveland Alexander, George Sisler, Tris Speaker, Frank Snyder, Ed. Roush, George Kelly, Arthur Nehf, E. Meusel, Frank Frisch, Dave Bancroft, Wilbur Cooper, Heinie Groh, and George Burns. Most of the photos list C. M. Conlon as the photographer and there are some tears and frayed edges (some are definitely in better shape than others). Just wondering what these are worth, what kind of market exists for these, and if there is an expert in the field of these M113s and M114s? Thanks a lot. Chris
Old 10-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Steve Murray

Not an expert but I do collect them.

My gallery of M114:

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/jacklitsch1/M114/

Steve F. may chime in.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Barry Arnold

Default steve

great collection!
i didn't know that you were into these.
i have my first on the way--a '38 Gordon for my type collection.
i wanted him because i still remembered his manager's card from '61 when
i was a kid collecting--and was surprised just a while back when he was picked for the HOF.
neat cards.

best,
barry
Old 10-31-2010, 09:55 PM
Jeff

Default Ditto

Steve,
Very impressive group!

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 11-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Doug Goodman

Both of these sets are in need of exploration. Combined, I have over 600 different, and have noticed many variations indicative of multiple printings of the same players.

Most of mine are here :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/douggoo...7612023351081/

I would love to exchange info with anybody who has any. I'm also interested in sales and trades for ones that I don't have.

Thanx,
Doug
Old 11-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Dan Studebaker

Great gallery Doug, thanks for posting a link!

Some printing plates from the 50s (Washington DC. office)

Old 11-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Doug Goodman

Default Wow

Those printing plates are very cool.
Doug
Old 11-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Steve M,

Was nice to look at your photobucket pages, good work. I don't bother with cards much anymore. Lost interest, too many of 'em and the pictures are way too small. I contemplated assembling the M114s once. But, thanks to my Everything's forced downsizing, I now have just a handful of cherished supplements.

Chris, I don't know much about the value. Theyre lower than they should be IMO. Good luck trying to assemble the set, youve acquired many of the big guns already. It's a large set and I believe it's possible if you're young and have patience... Choose wisely in your key-word searches.

And, Lets see some scans of the ones you have now. Steve F

Bob Lemke's insightful M114 blog; http://boblemke.blogspot.com/2010/08...zine-team.html

Last edited by Ladder7; 11-02-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Barry Arnold

Default steve f

i'd wondered where you were.
i'm pleased that you still have your handful of cherished treasures!!
i bet they're some great beauties.
all the best to you,
barry
Old 11-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Hi there Barry, Hope all is well with you too.

Now that Mike is home from Africa, we'd been in family mode. Recently returned from a month in Fla. But I was able to get online occasionally with the ipod... So much to drink, so little time.

Also, the Bride's starting early and got me downsizing/clearing out the house of all my "sh&t". When all is said in done, sadly, I'll have just one plastic tubfull.

Id been amassing a small amt of obscure stuff, Early Canaveral, WW2/USN, some Duke Kahanamoku, and vintage Bike Week items, for the future man cave. Yep, she's gonna be thrilled! -Steve
Old 11-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Barry Arnold

Default steve f

make sure to show us pics of those pieces 'hidden' in the tub when the man cave gets set up!!!!
glad to hear that all's well with the family.
all the best, ole buddy
barry