NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Default Babe Ruth Headin Home cards -Potential Shill

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

Was watching this item on ebay tonight and noticed what appears to be some shady bidding going on. If I am wrong and everything is on the up and up, I will appologize, but I don't think I will have to. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260057793783&rd=1&rd=1

Anyways, if you look at the bidder list, you get a guy funghoul710 who has bid several times at even dollar amounts (always a red flag). But when you click on their feedback, they have accumulated feedback from a grand total of 10 ebay users since 2001, and one of those happens to be the seller of the Babe Ruth cards (Jeff1027). Also, if you type in their name to see what else they have bid on in the last 30 days, you get not a single item. Also, this "bidder" has not really been active on ebay since 2003. All this just seems a little fishy to me. Just wanted to see what others thought.
-Rhett

Old 12-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Max Weder

Apparently, he foresaw your comment as he put in his listing:

"I don't deal in fake goods or engage in the practice of schill bidding. Bottom line: Stop drinking the Hater-ade!"

Max

Old 12-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

Me thinks he doth protest too much:

"NOTE TO ALL: If you don't like this item, kindly move on and keep your opinions to yourself. Don't email my bidders and tell them these are fake or make up stories about how they are being schilled by phantom bidders. I sold an exact set of these cards last month and the buyer was very pleased (see my feedback). I don't know if the haters are people that are upset because I am not a traditional collector so they feel I am encroaching on their god-given right to be the only Babe Ruth experts on eBay or what but enough already. As I stated before. My feedback speaks for itself. I don't deal in fake goods or engage in the practice of schill bidding. Bottom line: Stop drinking the Hater-ade!"

Old 12-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

Didn't even notice the seller sold the exact same set a month ago. Funny that he used the same scans for both auctions...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260039393022
-Rhett

Old 12-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bigfish

Anyone know what "haterade" is?

Old 12-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

Comes in lime, cherry, grape and sugar free.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

Too bad Ebay doesn't keep the history for very long. I bet none of the other auction won were cards.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

He had a very similar set on ebay not too long ago. I started a thread about it (I believe) and also sent him an email. My guess is these will have the dot pattern that they shouldn't have. regards

Old 12-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

Too large, wrong color, and not real photos.

If you look at his feedback, the last and only one visible is the "other" set of fakes (sold for $2K+ on Oct 13).

Old 12-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Russ Bright

mmm, Haterade... Are you SURE this guy isn't selling Horny Goat Weed?

Old 12-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

is a knowledgeable bidder. Interesting........