NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Default Does anyone know this seller?

Posted By: runscott 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2711968101&indexURL=1&photoDisplayType=2#ebaylargephotohosting

This sounds like a very odd guarantee - even PRO wouldn't grade this trimmed (left side), back-damaged card as EX+. And Verkman would only grade it EX, topps.

Old 02-20-2003, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

This seller just last week had 2 fake E145-2 CJs (Jackson, Wagner), and at least 3 fake R319 Ruths on eBay. Im sure all of the cards he has on eBay right now are reprints as well, maybe homemade. The CJs and Goudey cards he had on a few days back were obvious reprints, while the T206 Cobb on now looks more real. He is your average eBay scam artist, and he knows me rather well now as we have exchanged at least a dozen emails over last week. He even went so far as to take the Jackson Cracker Jack reprint card out of the 1" lucite it was in, turn it upside down and scan the back for me trying to fool me into thinking the back was upside down. He didnt line the penny sleave it was in up with the way it looked in front picture, so it was then again obvious he rigged the picture after I asked if the back was upside down (knowing the card was a reprint already by other characteristics on the front of card). Frank

Old 02-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

My question to this fool is then what the heck is a scan for if not to make determinations on what you are trying to sell/scam???

Old 02-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Here are some item numbers of some of his past scams this last week. There are many more auctions (Sport Kings, PlayBalls, Bowmans, etc.), but these are the ones I contacted bidders on.

2710279646 R319 Ruth #144
2710545897 same card $1,101 bid
2710550446 E145-2 Jackson $2,225 bid
2710550866 R319 Ruth #181
2710550991 R319 Ruth #149
2710552779 E145-2 Wagner

Frank

Old 02-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

doesn't all that paper loss on the back lower the value vastly? Of course it does!

So why fake a card withy paper loss on the back?

Old 02-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: brian parker

Thanks to this board and all of Frank's work, it appears the seller has pulled all of his vintage card lots. Good job!

To answer Julie's question, scammers quite often intentionally damage their handiwork to make it seem more authentic. A card that appears to be high grade is more likely going to come under closer scrutiny than a lower grade example. Although this seller seems to have gone a bit overboard with the paper pulls on the back.

Brian

Old 02-20-2003, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Fields

To Frank and all you other sports fans. I am the guy you are talking about on this maessage board in which Franks likes to call a scam artist and a fraud. ALL MY CARDS are authentic. Yes, I may be a over the top on my personal grading of the cards , however if the customer is not satisfied then I would gladly refund their money. You guys sit here an make your judgments over a scanned copy of a card that is oh so real. Every vintage card has a variation. Paper stock that is DNA and PSA certified is the one true way to prove a cards true print year. Stop butting into my auctions or others like this. You break all the rules once you contact a customer and start place doubt in there head when there is a money back gaurantee..What more could I do? Get it slabbed? Sorry, I don't deal in slabbe material, only RAW..otherwise these cards rocket over the top and nobody can afford them. Think twice before you say I "Make my own cards" That is silly!! Get a life!

Steve Fields
Feel free to call anytime 949-292-7605...let's chat!

Old 02-20-2003, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Common, ask the question...BIG MEN TALKING BEHIND BACKS of people who cannot defend themselfs! I am here to take on your challenge. MY CARDS ARE REAL! You guys need to do more homework! Stop being message board dorks!

Steve

Old 02-20-2003, 11:34 PM
Administrator

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! You are wacked! The only reason I pulled the auctions was to stop the harrassment! Rest assure these cards will be back on ebay. I make my living from CPU sales and can ill afford someone who ASSSUMES to ruin my image before I even had a chance to prove how much of an honest stand-up guy I am.....You guys should be chasing X-FILES..Frank Had nothing to do with my decission...this was a tacticle move on my part seeing that PSA is right down the street. THESE CARDS WILL RETURN!

Old 02-21-2003, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

<< Sorry, I don't deal in slabbed material, only RAW..otherwise these cards rocket over the top and nobody can afford them. >>

I beleive the applicable phrase is, "Give me a break."

Old 02-21-2003, 01:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Steve, sorry to break the news to you, but sellers like you are the ones the ruin the hobby for the colelctors if you are their first exposure. To say your grading is over the top is laughable at best. And what is a new collector to think when you are their first experiencee and then they find out that what you call EX+ wouldn't gat a Good grade from the slabbing companies.

I bet you would have a lot less problems with your auctions of vintage cards if more honest about what you sell, rather than "over the top", as you like to put it.

You also claim that if slab the card, no one could afford. You know what, not everyone could afford it, but there are still people that would buy it. But int he case of that Cobb, all slabbing would do is help ease doubts as to rather it is real or not since it would get better than PSA 2 or SGC 30, and that's being generous. And there are no price premiums attached to cards with that grade.

Also, do a little research into PSA and other grading companies. You will find that among vintage collectors, SGC carries more weight as far being able to actually authenticate and properly identify vintage cards.

Just remember, you brought this on yourself by being "over the top" to try and make an extra buck, so don't try to pass the blame onto someone else.

Jay

Old 02-21-2003, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

<< Sorry, I don't deal in slabbe [sic] material, only RAW..otherwise these cards rocket over the top and nobody can afford them. >>

This has to be the silliest thing I have read on this board this month. These are AUCTIONS. The bidders set the price, so it is impossible to create a situation where "nobody can afford them". Since this explanation holds no water at all, we have to move to the next level. Steve, if you are honest, you need a lesson in economics. If you are a crook, you need one in debate.

Here is your economics lesson: More money is better than less money in a free marketplace. If you slab a rare card and it sells for more money than it would have raw even with the slabbing cost factored in, you make more money, and you can buy your kid the GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip, your wife will want to *&(%(* you more, etc. If you are trying to make a living on this, earning more money is what you want to do. If you really believe these cards are real, drive them over to your SOCAL neighbor GAI (they are in Irvine) and have them graded, then relist them.

Here is your lesson in debate: Claiming in one post that the criticism of you hurts your livelihood and claiming later that you don't have rare, expensive cards slabbed because you want to keep the price down is what logicians would call a "contradiction". Contradictions are bad. They show that your argument is a load of crap and that you are a liar.

So, what are we to conclude? Either (1) Steve is trying to sell fake cards and is pissed that he is being called on it, or (2) Steve is economically and rhetorically challenged and needs to work on his gameplan before trying to piss in the tall weeds with the big dogs.

Old 02-21-2003, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jeff s

Note that (1) and (2) are not mutually exclusive--Steve could be both.

Old 02-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Listen you guys. I have had these cards for several years. I am not a scammer I am not a fraud, and i am not one of those guys who trys to take advantage of the less expierenced Ebayers. I am just selling off some cards that I had and that's that. If I am going to be hounded then I will have to take other steps so that my auctions are not hurt by misleading fellow ebayers. I am sending the bulk of these cards into Beckett first thing tomorrow. I will deal in slabbed cards because it does make more sense to get the most out of a collection that has made me and my family very proud to own. Please be on the lookout for these to go back up on the market with a BVG grade. It's hard to be an honest person and read these horrible remarks be people who do not know me. I had several emails by Frank and others saying to put down a full money back gaurantee on my items and I will be left alone by the community. So, I did as asked. As soon as I changed up my auctions and wording I was hit even harder. So, I was in a no win situation period. I can only offer my feedback rating as to who I am....and that I would never sell anything knowing it was a fake. NEVER in a million years, it's not worth the money to screw innocent people over. I took down my auctions to try and get some good faith from your community, instead of that people are thinking I am manufacturing my own cards...LOL...How silly can that be? A lot of you are paranoid because of the jerks out there who screwed you over in the past. I give you my word I am not one of those people. I have given my phone # out to anyone who wishes to test me on what I say. Again...949-292-7605 your trust and support is needed so I may further pursue and prosper from my Rather large vintage collection. Thanks for your time

Old 02-21-2003, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

Steve, perhaps you are an honest guy, but there is no doubt that at least some of the cards you have listed are not legitimate. Perhaps, you were not aware, but you will surely find out when Beckett refuses to grade them. Even BVG should be able to discern that these are reprints.

Old 02-21-2003, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Steve..... you know your cards are bogus. Last week you even went so far as to send me a copy of a scan of an authentic E145-2 Jackson PSA-7 card. And after I showed you what to look for when comparing your reprint with the authentic card, you sure shut up quick. The Goudey Ruths and CJs are easy to tell. The Ruth #144 reprint you have should have at least 1/8" of a gap between Ruths hat and the border, you card has none because the picture was cropped when the reprint was made. Your other Ruths are common reprints as well, with the obvious washed out look to the skin areas and darker than normal shadow areas the easiest way to tell. Your 2 Cracker Jack cards are common reprints with the border and uniform color not blending together as the most obvious way to tell. I never contacted bidders on your other auctions because I cant tell a reprint from authentic on Bowman or PlayBall cards with the fuzzy scans you have. Same with the T206, I personally cant tell for sure if it is a reprint or not. But if you try to sell $15,000+ worth of fakes last week, why would anyone think the cards this week are authentic? You obviously have no clue about vintage cards. Your best bet, take that whole group of pseudocards to PSA, if some reason 1-2 come back authentic, then now you know. Dont try to pass your crap onto other inexperienced collectors. Frank

Old 02-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Administrator

PS - don't bother sending that Cobb in.

Old 02-21-2003, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Please tell me how you can tell this from a scan? Reprints did not have the same type of paper stock. Even the Ruth Goudey reprint from the 50's had a different thickness. All of my Ruth Cards had the THICK paper stock. I have also noticed that on the bottom Red Line on the front of the Goudey's they do not ALWAYS cross over into the boarder. I have seen some beautiful Goudey Graded cards where the front lined up perfectly with all boarders. Even coloring, shadows, and other printing flaws. How can one say it's an "Obvious Reprint" Do you have examples of reprint cards from the 50's..If so, I would love to compare.

Old 02-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Frank- You are really out of line! "Pass on my crap"? Who do you think you are? Sugar Daddy of the O'mighty Vintage Community...You have never been wrong? I guarantee you I did not flip that Cracker Jack Card. I had it outside the case because I was switching it to a more protective way for shipping purposes. Then you asked for a copy of the back...Man you are the parnoid one here and you have all your Tag-a-longs thinking you are the KING! Listen, until I get these cards back from BVG I cannot prove you wrong. So, I am going to stop trying to protect myself from your attacks and just play this out. If they are bogus cards, then ****, I'm out a hell of a lot of Money. I have had several collectors wanting my stash...they are highly experienced vintage guru's and they seem to feel my cards are authentic enough to purchase outright. Are you familiar with an ebayer by the name of blowoutcardz ? He to is an experienced buyer/seller I had no problems when I purchased some stuff from him and he I. See ya later you can count on it

Old 02-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Administrator

compare them.

Your modern reprint, and an authentic PSA card.

Old 02-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Administrator

For those of you who dont know where to look. Look on right side border where the white part of uniform meets the border (about 1 inch up from right bottom corner). Fakes will have a distinct color change from uniform to border, while this area on authentic cards will blend together. Frank

Old 02-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dc

All of your postings are ridiculous! To place blame when you have proof is unfair and childish. You've attacked Steve with no real proof. Scanned images are never true to form...to base an opinion on that is bogus. And that is what it is...simply YOUR opinion. For all of you who have made a claim that these are fake...do you have them in your hands? NO! Are you justified in requesting that these should be graded before you pay top dollar? By all means, that's a legitimate request. Steve has defended these cards and is going to the effort of having these cards graded. It's a 50/50 shot. One of you is wrong. But until that comes back...all this bickering is STUPID. Quite simply...any more postings on this issue are ridiculous and useless. The end result (how they come back graded) is what now needs to happen.
So how about shutting up?

Old 02-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Administrator

DC, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that you are the 'Steve Mears' posting under a different name (initials).

My advice is that you quit posting. I can promise you that no one on this board was born yesterday, and the more you 'explain yourself' the more you make a fool of yourself.

Old 02-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I really do. There are too many names on the "scumbags" list already. Please let us know the results.

Old 02-21-2003, 03:05 PM
Administrator

DC is Dana Childs...I'm not Steve Fields...and I think your postings are ridiculous. I was trying to respect my own privacy but as I can see now I even have to defend my own identity! Do you see how childish all of you are? I would take a guess that none of you are grown adults. Mature adults would know better than to treat others in such a fashion. Your accusations to me and to others are unfounded.

Old 02-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Besides...me putting inititals is no different than you putting a first name with no return address as well. That's calling the kettle black.

Old 02-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Administrator

If it truly were impossible to tell anything from a scan, then we wouldn't be using them - instead we would bid based entirely on the seller's reputation, and regardless of what Steve says about feedback, it doesn't mean much on ebay - look at "libertyforall"s.

On the other hand, Frank has been posting on this board for a long time and to my knowledge has NEVER been wrong when identifying fakes - he has a fantastic reputation and credentials. But I agree that at this point we have no choice but to wait for Steve to get his cards back from the grading company. It could very well be that Steve was duped and bought a bunch of fakes - certainly his arguments about card thickness carry no weight, since any forger worth their salt will use the correct thickness of stock (see Garth Feldman auctions if you doubt this). To believe that because a card is the correct thickness it is automatically not a forgery, is extremely naive.

Frank is right about the Jackson (not that anyone needs me to back up Frank - his reputation is impeccable) - in this case the scan provides more than enough evidence that it's a reprint. It always amazes me how many fake Cracker Jacks we see on ebay, despite how easy it is to spot fakes - when will these people give up and start forging items that are a bit easier to slip by naive ebayers? Again, Steve seems honest and perhaps he was duped on this card - the grading company should provide him with feedback that he will trust more than ours.

Old 02-21-2003, 03:30 PM
Administrator

That's funny, because DANA...and STEVE use the exact same IDIOSYNCRATIC lettering...PUNCTUATION.

As I said, STEVE/DANA, no one on this...BOARD was BORN...yesterday.

Old 02-21-2003, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dana

So I get it...you call me a dick? Nice to know...I think if you saw me in person, you'd disagree. For starters, I'm not a man. You are all so judgmental. I'm sitting here having to defend myself because now you attack me when all I pointed out was the fact that you were all too quick to judge with no basis for fact. When you have the facts, the feel free to lay blame wherever you please. And once again, I'm not Steve.

Old 02-21-2003, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Daniels

..and PSA certifies it you deserve an apology. But what if they do not grade any of them? Will you recant and be a stand up guy as well???

Old 02-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Daniels

able to date the cards for certain. Why then would you send them the Beckett???

Old 02-21-2003, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

The problem here is someone is selling fakes, whether they (Steve) knows it or not. Most on this board are very experienced in these matters. I suggest you not thrash others that are correct. The card is a fake. And yes, we CAN tell from the scan. It's very obvious....I have bought cards that were fakes and learned the hard way.....If it weren't for this board lots of other folks would be burned too....best regards

Old 02-21-2003, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Dana remember there was a bid of well over $2,000 for that reprint above, and remember reprints are valued at exactly NOTHING in any price guide. Thats why I and some others have a problem here. If the card was advertised as a reprint and received the bids it got, then Id have no problem. But it along with the others I noted above received bids well into the hundreds with a couple into the thousands. I will only contact a bidder if Im 100% sure the card is a fake, like the E145-2 and R319s listed in second post above. And even then I dont tell tham not to bid, I just show them what to look for. Frank

Old 02-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Before you get on your high horse, go review your initial posts - you jumped our butts good. There was nothing out of line with the responses you received.

Old 02-21-2003, 11:09 PM
Administrator

Yes, If I turn out to have been duped, the I have nothing but an open appology to this board! To Dana, thanks for your words. Where are you located? Also, I am an investor, if anyone has 10K - 15K for me to invest and resell for profit I'm interested. Thanks board

Old 02-21-2003, 11:18 PM
Administrator

The only point I was trying to make was that you all were jumping the gun yourselves initially by accusing Steve of being a scammer, etc. You didn't have any basis of fact for those accusations. None of you were nice in any way about the possibility that if indeed the cards were fraudulent, then maybe it wasn't Steve's doing, but rather he unknowingly had them. You all pretty much accused him of making fraudulent cards. Quite simply, you could have raised the doubts, given him some facts to look at and told him to have them graded before listing them. Constructive criticism not destructive criticism. I still question the maturity of some of you based on the things that have been said. If indeed Frank knows so much, then passing on the information one-on-one and advising Steve on a better way of handling this so that he can legitimately make good on this would have been a more professional way of handling the situation. Frank has made countless accusations from the beginning and points out that he is 100% sure...how can he be? Was he standing there while the scans were made? No. Did you watch Steve make fraudulent cards? No. You can't be 100% sure unless you were there. My experience on vintage cards has nothing to do with this matter. My issue has been about the accusations that fly back and forth and all the finger-pointing that was unnecessary. Put it this way...if those cards are graded and found to be good quality, what will you say then? Will you say "oops...sorry"? I seriously doubt it...most of you will all go silently away never bothering to apologize or to help Steve in his endeavor. Would you also bother to extend that apology to the countless people that you have "warned"? It comes down to thinking before you say and also thinking about the consequences of your actions. Or simply put yourselves in his shoes...how would you want to be treated if you were on the up-and-up? My comments about scanned images is that not all scanners are one and the same. I have a technical background and I can also tell you that even with the most sophisticated equipment, some people just don't know how to run hardware. Take a copier for example, simplest thing in the world to run, but somehow there are morons out there who make the crappiest copy that I've ever seen.
I hope that this all ends up that the cards are good...no one gets hurt and most of you will look foolish in your name-calling. Some of you are so bitter and not just to Steve. My god...the drama. Get over it. If you have doubt, don't buy it. Obviously some of you have experienced spending a lot of money on an item that ended up not being legit and you don't want to see it happen to someone else. Most of us at some point have experienced this and it sucks. I would hope that the lesson learned here (for Steve) is to not jump the gun...get the cards graded...and go from there.
And one last thing...I didn't appreciate being called a dick and still no apology from the jerk that called me that.

Old 02-22-2003, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

dc- you obviously have not read anything that written after your first post. Franked pointed out exactly why the CJs were bogus. You don't need a sophisiticated scan to be able to spot one of these.

As for the treatment of the seller, no, it's not the greatest, but years of having to deal with scam artists will make anyone act this way. And all scam artists claim to be just innocent dupes, so how can you tell the real dupe from the scammer. Sorry, but when it comes to big ticket items, no one gets the benifit of the doubt.

You wonder if anyone here will step and apoligize if these cards turn out to be real, but it will be interesting to see if you do the same and step and apologize if these are, and they are, fake.

I have over 20 years of experience dealing in vintage baseball cards and Frank is one of the few peope on this board that has more experience than I do, so if he says something don't seem kosher, chances ar he's correct.

Jay

Old 02-22-2003, 06:13 AM
Administrator

The description fit you perfectly based on your initial post, and your additional posts have merely confirmed it.

Old 02-22-2003, 06:22 AM
Administrator

Someone spots someone selling fake cards and a mysterious female appears from nowhere as his savior. At one point it was "Dorothy" and later it was "Diane". Something about names starting with "D". But all of these "D"-women have have the same quality of writing: they ignore what was posted and try to turn a simple thread into a soap opera, bitching incessantly about this board.

D*C* - here's a re-cap of what you've ignored so far: 1. Steve's scanner works fine and the Jackson's a fake (no, this isn't a technology glitch)
2. Steve was accused of selling fakes, not of making them himself
3. No one here gives a sh*t about your sex.
4. There is nothing wrong with us pointing out fakes on ebay - it is one of the things we do. Get over it.

Now, please go ride off on your unicorn into the woods and live happily ever after.

Old 02-22-2003, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: B C Daniels

Even I never called a guy named Dana a Dick!

this is why I will never fight with you in letters!

lol*

Old 02-22-2003, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

Or a female!

by the way, I called Steve and he never called me back!!!

Old 02-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

Steve Fields,

The last two weeks, you have listed 10 different "vintage" baseball cards on eBay. Of these 10 cards, two are EASILY identified by any experienced collector as REPRINTS. That's right. Both the 1915 Cracker Jack Honus Wagner and Joe Jackson you have listed are NOT THE ORIGINALS. Since you have listed one of these cards (the Wagner) several times now, you should be well aware of the fact that it is not the real thing. Even a novice can take a look at your listings and observe the fact that you can't even spell the word "Cracker" [sic, "Craker"] properly. Several of your other cards, including the 1933 Sport Kings you have listed, are also of questionable authenticity.

Many of the experienced vintage collectors who post here on a regular basis are quite correct. At this juncture you are only making yourself look silly by posting here and you are not only casting doubt on your character, but you are also tainting the other actions (computer memory components) you have. If you issue an apology and write that you didn't know anything about vintage cards and you didn't realize the cards you were selling were fakes (until dozens of collectors sent you email and informed you), you can still save face. Absent that, I doubt any of your vintage baseball card auctions will ever be taken seriously again. Think about it.

Old 02-22-2003, 04:09 PM
Administrator

and repost this in the proper link!!!

love, Brian

Old 02-22-2003, 05:39 PM
Administrator

OK..Here is the deal..yes your board casted serious doubt in my mind on the authenticity of some of the cards I posted. I took them down as to not get myself stuck in the middle of something BIG. I still don't know what is true and what is not. I know that I was in the middle of purchasing a HUGE lot from a vendor by the name of blowoutcardz (Ebay Handle) he sent me all these scans, stood by his cards 100% and also told me he would have them graded. I was to buy this lot off him for 25K after two weeks of negotiating and past deals that have always been true to form. I am not a scammer nor a thief, I offered a money back guarantee so that I could maintain the integrity of the cards fake or not. So, there it is. The Cracker Jack and the Goudeys were part of that deal. blowoutcardz, whose reputation preceeds him, was going to honor our pending transaction until I forwarded all your emails. He then told me he would send all cards into Beckett for grading and is continuing to stand by the authenticity of the cards the board questions. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 02-22-2003, 05:59 PM
Administrator

1) you stated YOU had the cards.not some other guy

2) you boasted your phone number several times,I called,left you a p0olite message you did not return. You are afraid to be confussed with facts!

3) you reamed us then solicit this board for investment funds!!! What to buy cards from the rip off guy you now put this on???

4)you degrade Frank,who firsr tried to help you and then proved conclusively that the cards are bad as did Scott and now what?

5) you state ONLY PSA?DNA can confirm the age of a card which by the way is so silly considering all the forensic experts at the bureau of engraving and printing money in Maryland and the miriad of Museum curators that know everything about paper,but now you would tolerate the guy sending them to Beckett??? what? and you said YOU had the cards Frank mentioned and were going to bring them up the road to PSA??? what about the ones specified?? Not the ones the guy has?? What about the Wagner and Jackson Scott so apply told you were reprints as did this board moderator who collects cards of this period??? Now do you have the cards in your posession or not? DO YOU OWN THEM NOW??? Or what? And why post your number if you do not have it in you to return calls? I can tell you in four sentences how to determine that the cards are reprints but you obviously are now trying to state you do not even have them to discuss over the phone because you would need to have them in you hot little hands! Lastly Steve,how old are you??? You took a few shots at some guys on here but your outgoing message makes me think you are about 23 years old!!! How old are you to swing for the fences against guys with more experience than I think you have had life!!! And NO ONE interferred with your auctions!!! freedom of speech and knowledge allows us to have this chat board and express our opinions AND FACTS all day long if we wish!!! Did anyone contact the bidders on these cards??? NO! How do you defend with sich assurance and now waffle on your confidence? Who owns the cards Steve?? Are they a hop,skip and jump from beckett or PSA as you claimed both above??? let's get this story straight now as some of us are too old and have children not to see through the need for a good spanking.........not for making an error in judegement mind you but for making up too many inconsistant stories. The cards are fake,faux,bogus,not real,reprints Steve!!!!