NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Jon Canfield

Default R&R Auctions Catalog - Maybe a Long Shot

Does anyone have a copy of the R&R Auction Catalog (Auction #212) from April 1998? If so, would it be possible to get a scan of a certain lot in that auction?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Bobby Livingston

I should be able to help you. Which lot number are you seeking?

Bobby
Old 03-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Jon Canfield

Bobby,

Thanks so much. Email sent.

- Jon
Old 03-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Bobby Livingston

I found catalog 212 and scanned the item page requested and emailed it.

Being down in the RR Auction archives was cool.

Here are some scanned covers catalog 30 (1983), catalog 212 (1998) and last month catalog 347. RR Auction has come a long way!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Catalog 30_small.jpg (80.5 KB, 350 views)
File Type: jpg cat 212 cover.jpg (74.3 KB, 348 views)
File Type: jpg cat 347 cover.jpg (71.8 KB, 343 views)
Old 03-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Je.ff Cl.ark

Hmmm, Impressive Bobby. How about telling us about John Reznikoffs credentials. About his lie on University Archives about his impressive university degree (blatant lie,since removed) and a little insight into all his JFK forgeries. We can talk about Epperson and Grad later if you'd like. Got any George Washington hair available this week or do I have to go to John directly?

Jeff Clark

Last edited by jeffects; 03-04-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffects View Post
Hmmm, Impressive Bobby. How about telling us about John Reznikoffs credentials. About his lie on University Archives about his impressive university degree (blatant lie,since removed) and a little insight into all his JFK forgeries. We can talk about Epperson and Grad later if you'd like. Got any George Washington hair available this week or do I have to go to John directly?

Jeff Clark
Wow. There's a shot from the rear gunner. Would love to hear more about all of this stuff.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffects View Post

Jeff Clark
I asked about this in a thread a few weeks back..how exactly is this guy authenticating hair? Without DNA and a known relative how does one go about it?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Je.ff Cl.ark

Hi Dan,

A DNA test?????? Ha Ha Ha Ha, That's a good one! I would be quite willing to bet a DNA test has never been performed by that charlatan. No, I would guess it involves tweezers and some poor gullible people that read his lying, self written accolades and bogus credentials.

These people make me sick, and have ruined this hobby by their lies and greed. I believe a lot of these frauds are part of the JSA and PSA team. The shining light of this hobby. (according to them) And you know these crooks authenticate each others garbage with a wink and a nod, The thousand a month of autographs he authenticates for R&R must be good, because he says so. (pre-certified of course, send him more money and he will really "certify" it, hopefully.) And yet, what was purchased in the past from very respected dealers, with impeccable records, are fakes. Ha Ha. Why? Because Reznikoff and other clowns say so. How many millions of JFK forgeries did he pawn off on sincere, unsuspecting collectors?????

Does anyone here believe for a second the legitimacy of his nonsensical hair collection? But there he is peddling it on ebay for ten bucks. What a joke, what an embarrassment to legitimate collectors.

Maybe, if those of us who see them as the big joke they are, call them out, perhaps we can regain some of the respect they've stolen from this hobby.

But now he's a respected expert? Why??? Because he says so. Just like most of these idiotic "Forensic Experts" with 3 paragraphs of phony matchbook courses. Let's call these frauds on it and try to return some credibility to the hobby we care about.

Cheers,
Jeff Clark

Last edited by jeffects; 03-07-2011 at 12:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Bobby Livingston

I can't speak for John Reznikoff but RR Auction considers John Reznikoff to be an expert in authenticating documents and manuscripts of Presidents and leading figures of history.

We take authentication very seriously because we guarantee it on everything we auction forever, even though we don't own the items. I understand that he is a controversial figure to some who don't agree with his findings and those who question his credibility.

For over a decade, Reznikoff has been correct in his assessments for us 99% of the time. Our trust in him is proven because we sell over 12,000 authentic autographs every year.

RR Auction typically does not auction unsigned material so we have no experience in authenticating hair. I do know that provenance is very important and that hair of famous people was highly requested and collected in the 19th and into 20th century.

Reznikoff does tell his side of the story about the JFK/Marilyn forgeries mentioned here on public radio, starts at about 26 minutes into the hour long show.