NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

Hi Leon,

Count me in for dinner and drinks. Can I reserve a spot at Ted Z., Jay and Mark Macrae's table again?

Charles Allen
Old 07-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs1969 View Post
Hi Leon,

Count me in for dinner and drinks. Can I reserve a spot at Ted Z., Jay and Mark Macrae's table again?

Charles Allen
No reservations but wherever they are, you are welcome to pull up a chair. It's an informal gathering. Also, I believe that group is coming over after the dinner for a few cold ones.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:13 AM

Hi Leon,

I've just arranged to have my 21-year-old son join me in Chicago, would it be possible to add him (Zack Kramer) to the guest list for dinner & drinks? Thanks very much!

Andy Kramer (paleocards)
Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleocards View Post
Hi Leon,

I've just arranged to have my 21-year-old son join me in Chicago, would it be possible to add him (Zack Kramer) to the guest list for dinner & drinks? Thanks very much!

Andy Kramer (paleocards)
No prob Andy.....see ya'll there...
Old 07-23-2013, 09:02 AM

Thanks Leon, can't wait for next week!

Andy
Old 07-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Gary Dudek

Default I'm going...

Mr. Leon - I would like to attend the event (dinner and drinks) with my step brother. I already emailed you my contact info with names earlier today.

Thanks!

-Gary
Old 07-24-2013, 05:44 AM

Leon,
Please count us in for drinks and dinner. Scott and my 15 year old son Jacob.
Thanks!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This Friday will be the last day for RSVPs. I think we will be in the 150 person to 200 person range again. I just spoke with catering and we are getting all set. If you liked the last 3-4 yrs, and the way it's gone, you will be well accustomed to it and will like this year. If you didn't like those years, and the way things went, you won't like this year either. It will be very similar with the food, speakers, alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks etc. I will also do an update thread for the Dinner next week to give some more details. And the last of the speakers to sign on is Bob Freedman, of SimpleAuction, speaking a little about technology where the hobby is concerned. Don't worry either, it won't be any "technical nerdy" talk. I look forward to seeing everyone there.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:20 AM

I just joined the board yesterday and wanted to say hello. My name is Bob Shoudt and I have been attending the National for about 20 years. I usually attend with my son and it is something that we look forward to each year. We collect anything that looks good at the time with interests in Frank Thomas, Julio Franco and Track and Field athletes from all time periods. We love to see the older cards and items at shows and always end up getting something that we had no idea we wanted before.

Leon generously invited us to the dinner. I accepted and promised that I would eat like a normal person. As a professional competitive eater I sometimes feel like I should put that out there.

Looking forward to the show and getting to meet some new people.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:05 PM
Mark

My wife and I will be there dinner and soda.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Competitive eater, Bob? Nice work if you can get it. I'm strictly an amateur compulsive overeater. Here's one for you:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-25-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Competitive eater, Bob? Nice work if you can get it. I'm strictly an amateur compulsive overeater. Here's one for you:

It is a lot of fun that is for sure. I love to eat and I love getting paid to eat.

That is a great card that you posted. I will have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:48 AM

Default Dinner Reservations

Leon, I'll be there with my wife.
Len Samworth
Old 07-26-2013, 03:35 AM

Leon,

Please count me in for dinner and drinks.

Sam Goodman
Old 07-26-2013, 05:01 AM
Tom Boblitt

Leon....pull me outta the HRBAKER party.....have to drive back home that night to drive out to Hilton Head with the wife and kids early Saturday morning for vacation......ill drink a coffee on the way home in your honor. Maybe record the speeches and post them somewhere for us? Always a fun time......
Old 07-26-2013, 06:34 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by autograf View Post
Leon....pull me outta the HRBAKER party.....have to drive back home that night to drive out to Hilton Head with the wife and kids early Saturday morning for vacation......ill drink a coffee on the way home in your honor. Maybe record the speeches and post them somewhere for us? Always a fun time......
Thanks Tom. We'll miss you. I really appreciate you letting me know. Coffee is something I am drinking as I type this . See you at the show anyway....
Old 07-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

So the final totals are 158 confirmed RSVP for Dinner and another 23 for drinks only. Just about what was expected.

I am a stickler on wearing the name tags which will be filled out for you upon registration at the front door, by 2 of our members. This year there will be both your name and user id on the tags. If you are a guest then your name and "guest" will be on there. Please don't give the guys at the front door a hard time about the tags or anything else. I reserve the right to not allow anyone that acts like an a-hole. It's a fun event so let's keep it that way.

When the speakers are speaking you shouldn't be carrying on conversations at your table. It's rude. If you have to talk on the phone or have conversation while they are speaking just get up and go out in the hall. (or I will ask you to)
Drink tickets will be handed out upon arrival, at registration, with more at the event being freely given out. If you look underage you will be carded. You have to be 21 yrs of age to drink alcohol. Please don't drink and drive. If anyone needs a cab I will gladly get them one. See everyone at the Hyatt in a few days...
Old 07-29-2013, 03:12 PM

Hi Leon,
I'll add a guest to the list for drinks ...
His name is Dale Plass.

See you tomorrow or Wed. Be well Brian
Old 07-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Weisner View Post
Hi Leon,
I'll add a guest to the list for drinks ...
His name is Dale Plass.

See you tomorrow or Wed. Be well Brian
I already turned in the count but I can still take ONLY drink rsvp's (as this is).....for those it's just a matter of having enough chairs and tables. But they still MUST be rsvp'd. thanks !!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:31 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Leon,

I sent you an email, but will post in here too. Sign me up for drinks

Thanks

Isaac Levin