NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-19-2020, 10:07 AM
Je.rry Spillm@n

Default The Long Island Melville show will reopen Sunday, September 27, 2020

The Melville Coin, Stamp, & Collectibles Show on Long Island will reopen Sunday, September 27, 2020. EVERY second and fourth Sunday of each month in 2020 - 585 Route 110 (Broadhollow Rd), Melville, NY 11747.
This may start a comeback of all the card, coin and antique shows. A welcome to deal directly with the source.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:30 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrys View Post
The Melville Coin, Stamp, & Collectibles Show on Long Island will reopen Sunday, September 27, 2020. EVERY second and fourth Sunday of each month in 2020 - 585 Route 110 (Broadhollow Rd), Melville, NY 11747.
This may start a comeback of all the card, coin and antique shows. A welcome to deal directly with the source.
I'm not too familiar with this show as I've never attended. But it's not too far away from myself. How is it in terms of the quality of cards offered? Wide selection of vintage I would hope? Could anyone chime in concerning the show?
Old 09-20-2020, 09:13 PM
Je.rry Spillm@n

This show has been operating for many years. It is worth the trip.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:02 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

They have some card shows at that hotel that are not in the same category, i.e. pretty weak selection and dealer base.

However the big Hofstra show in October is something I would possibly attend if they decide to hold it. Right now it's scheduled for the 17th and 18th and the website indicates it has not been cancelled yet.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:28 PM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppcat View Post

However the big Hofstra show in October is something I would possibly attend if they decide to hold it. Right now it's scheduled for the 17th and 18th and the website indicates it has not been cancelled yet.
And now it is cancelled:

Quote:
The Local Long Island shows at Hofstra University in the Student Center & The Hofstra National Show at the David Mack Sports Center scheduled for 2020 have been Cancelled due to the coronavirus. Please look for future dates in 2021
Old 09-27-2020, 10:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Hopefully shows will continue as much as they can. The camaraderie is part of the allure at many of them. It can't quite be the same with the shows being only virtual ... (if they are at all).
I have attended a few locally and they seemed ok to me. Everyone was wearing masks and keeping somewhat of a distance. (and no one was coughing on one another .)
Old 09-29-2020, 05:15 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

In NY we are still at a 50 person indoor gathering limit with required space between tables. So if you have 30 tables with 1 dealer per table you can only allow 20 customers in at a time. Most shows have been canceled because it’s not worth it.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:07 PM
D@vid L@dd

This is a coin show...there is not one sports card in the place, I have been going here since the 80's. This NOT the card show at the Hilton...this is in the union hall.

I think the OP was just indicating that collectible shows are starting up again?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by EldoEsq; 09-29-2020 at 08:08 PM.