NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-30-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Be careful, Ryan, the last person that couldn't wait to read an obituary in this chatroom was Bruce Dorskind who couldn't wait to read mine.
Not sure what this means (sounds like a threat?).

I edited my original post (memorialized and quoted above) bc it’s politics talk and I should not talk politics on a baseball card site.

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 11-30-2022 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:54 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
The threat was your post advocating lynching people you don’t like. Can’t make this shit up lol
Old 11-30-2022, 06:55 PM

Wasn’t talking to you. And BTW the constitution (not me) declares treason a crime and federal law states that death is a proper punishment for treason

I get your opinion of me. Its mutual. Move on

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 11-30-2022 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:59 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Wasn’t talking to you. And BTW the constitution (not me) declares that death is the punishment for treason

I get your opinion of me. Its mutual. Move on
Yeah I’m the bad guy, because you’re pro-lynching. It’s a good sign I don’t have your approval. Make crazy violent posts, you will get replies. Duh.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Yeah I’m the bad guy, because you’re pro-lynching. It’s a good sign I don’t have your approval. Make crazy violent posts, you will get replies. Duh.
I didn’t say you were the bad guy. I just don’t like you. You don’t like me. Agreed. Move on
Old 11-30-2022, 07:08 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
I didn’t say you were the bad guy. I just don’t like you. You don’t like me. Agreed. Move on
I don’t know you whatsoever and had no opinion until you explicitly advocated lynching people for political purposes. You’re going to get a little heat for that one. Nutball murder posts usually get a little heat before the move on part.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:09 PM

Default Collecting?

I have held off this one for awhile, thought I'd weigh in:

1) There are players whose cards I don't want in my collection.

2) There are also people I wouldn't buy from/trade with, even if to my
advantage, because I don't care for them.

Speaking of which, be careful RHotchkiss. The first (and only) rule of
G1911 Fightclub, is that he is ALWAYS right. He just loves to play this
game of one-upmanship, while blissfully unaware he's the only one in
the contest. Enjoy your wonderful collection and forget about him, you'll
live longer

Trent King
Old 11-30-2022, 07:12 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementeFanOh View Post
I have held off this one for awhile, thought I'd weigh in:

1) There are players whose cards I don't want in my collection.

2) There are also people I wouldn't buy from/trade with, even if to my
advantage, because I don't care for them.

Speaking of which, be careful RHotchkiss. The first (and only) rule of
G1911 Fightclub, is that he is ALWAYS right. He just loves to play this
game of one-upmanship, while blissfully unaware he's the only one in
the contest. Enjoy your wonderful collection and forget about him, you'll
live longer

Trent King
Lol. I’m wrong for my *anti-lynching* stance. The problem here is that I think my opinion of being *against lynching* is correct. This is a GREAT topic for you to hijack to your personal obsession. Excellent choice.
Old 11-30-2022, 06:58 PM
Ben North

Quote:

I edited my original post (memorialized and quoted above) bc it’s politics talk and I should not talk politics on a baseball card site.
I would guess more that Bruce passed away shortly afterwards.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:10 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:

Not a threat at all. Just trying to be funny, but maybe you were not around when Bruce was on the forum? Bruce actually did say he wished to read my obituary. that even made it into a story in the New York Daily News which I'm sure could not have made Bruce happy considering his standing in the business world in NYC. He had threatened to contact a Net54 member's employer over something they had said to him on the forum. I stated my objection to that and then he wished to see me dead.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 11-30-2022 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:16 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Quote:
Not a threat at all. Just trying to be funny, but maybe you were not around when Bruce was on the forum? Bruce actually did say he wished to read my obituary. that even made it into a story in the New York Daily News which I'm sure could not have made Bruce happy considering his standing in the business world in NYC. He had threatened to contact a Net54 member's employer over something they had said to him on the forum. I stated my objection to that and then he wished to see me dead.
Did he ever sue Archive? There’s been some interesting folks here.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 11-30-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I appreciate the explanation, thank you!! Well, if karma gets me then that’s a trend and the rest of you will know not to use the “o” word on net54. And I have no issue with the world (beyond net54) knowing my disdain (hatred) for that person.

Anyway, sorry to get political. I will not be collecting Trump stuff bc of morals. I should have left it at that

Thanks for note Trent, much appreciated (sincerely)

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 11-30-2022 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:47 PM

Default Morals

G1911- I'm not "obsessed" with you by any definition of the term. You're the
type who needs to be backed down whenever you display internet muscles
and, frankly, it amuses me to think of you furiously typing while adjusting your
pocket protector and smelling your favorite sabermetrics book. Now then, I've
got a life, so you go ahead and fire away, sunshine

Trent King
Old 11-30-2022, 07:52 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementeFanOh View Post
G1911- I'm not "obsessed" with you by any definition of the term. You're the
type who needs to be backed down whenever you display internet muscles
and, frankly, it amuses me to think of you furiously typing while adjusting your
pocket protector and smelling your favorite sabermetrics book. Now then, I've
got a life, so you go ahead and fire away, sunshine

Trent King
........ My "internet muscles" that need to be "backed down" are, let me check my notes here, being against lynching people. Yes. Excellent choice to hijack this topic of all topics to continue your crusade and try to attack with. Keep digging.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:52 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
the rest of you will know not to use the “o” word on net54.
off-center? couldn't agree more, that word should be banned.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-

Last edited by Casey2296; 11-30-2022 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:37 PM
Jonathan Sterling

I have a couple John Whettland Items I do not display anymore. Both are 1996 Yankee items.

Last edited by bigfanNY; 12-01-2022 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:22 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

For me it's just OJ.

I still cringe whenever I see one of his cards or collectibles.
Old 12-01-2022, 03:01 AM
Jim Caravello

Agree on OJ also…..tough dilemma as I only own one OJ card and it’s part of a set - 1970 Kellogg’s Football - just love the set - I am a set guy and have a bunch of non regular issue sets that I really love….this ‘70 set along with ‘70 Kellogg’s baseball set are two of my favorites from that era….I just make believe the card is not part of the set….
Old 12-01-2022, 08:02 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:

Bruce had quite a collection, but was a pretty abrasive guy at least on the interwebs.

He did make for one of the best posts ever when he threatened to sue someone over an archived post ....and that someone was him.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:39 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

There are a lot of players I have no interest in collecting. I thought the whole point of collecting was to buy things you like. Why would I want to buy cards of players I dislike? Cap Anson, Ty Cobb, Curt Schilling, Ben Chapman, Draymond Green, John Rocker, the list goes on.

I do find it odd though that several people here have mentioned that they don't collect LeBron James for "moral reasons"? Really? LeBron James? I'd be curious about which character qualities it is you despise about him. Is it that he's never been caught in a cheating scandal and has been faithful to his high school sweetheart for decades? Is it because he's a wonderful loving father who is heavily engaged in their daily lives? Perhaps it's his humility and unselfishness on the court that gets under your skin? Perhaps it's the schools he built for helping underprivileged youth to get caught up in academics? Perhaps it's the level of commitment to his craft that boils your blood? After all, longevity and endurance sure is a turnoff. I mean, who wants to see a 50-year-old leading the league in scoring despite having a pass-first mentality on the court? Or maybe it's the fact that he conducts himself with honor and integrity? Perhaps you dislike well-rounded players?
Old 12-01-2022, 11:04 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
There are a lot of players I have no interest in collecting. I thought the whole point of collecting was to buy things you like. Why would I want to buy cards of players I dislike? Cap Anson, Ty Cobb, Curt Schilling, Ben Chapman, Draymond Green, John Rocker, the list goes on.

I do find it odd though that several people here have mentioned that they don't collect LeBron James for "moral reasons"? Really? LeBron James? I'd be curious about which character qualities it is you despise about him. Is it that he's never been caught in a cheating scandal and has been faithful to his high school sweetheart for decades? Is it because he's a wonderful loving father who is heavily engaged in their daily lives? Perhaps it's his humility and unselfishness on the court that gets under your skin? Perhaps it's the schools he built for helping underprivileged youth to get caught up in academics? Perhaps it's the level of commitment to his craft that boils your blood? After all, longevity and endurance sure is a turnoff. I mean, who wants to see a 50-year-old leading the league in scoring despite having a pass-first mentality on the court? Or maybe it's the fact that he conducts himself with honor and integrity? Perhaps you dislike well-rounded players?
That about sums up my list for why King James is intolerable.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 12-01-2022, 03:03 PM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post

Well said, snowman… completely agree.