NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-25-2013, 11:56 AM

Default Announcing New Blog

Based on the encouragement I received from some members of this board plus my own resolve to enter the 21st century, I have created a blog about baseball pinback buttons. Occasionally I will write about pinbacks from other sports. The blog features both pictures of pinbacks as well as background information about the pins featured. The blog is not just a photo dump of images. I conclude each blog with a listing of what will be the next column. Currently there are two columns, an Introduction and then my opening column that is on the Luxello Cigar Pin Set. I still have much to learn about scanning images, so please be patient with the lack of refinement in some presentations. As I stated in the Introduction, I will try to write one or two columns per month, maybe more if time permits and I acquire some proficiency in doing this. The purpose of the blog is to share information about baseball pinback buttons. I welcome your feedback and suggestions.

The address is baseballpinbackbuttons.wordpress.com

Paul
Old 01-25-2013, 12:02 PM
chris

Great job Paul! A welcomed addition for pin collectors!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Banned

Paul,

If your blog delivers even a minuscule fraction of the amount of information your book on baseball pinbacks has, it will be a tremendous asset to the hobby.

Looking forward to reading it on a regular basis.

Rob
Old 01-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Dan Bretta

Excellent!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Mike H.

Terrific Paul!!! I believe your blog will help us all learn and expand our scope of collecting. Thank you for your efforts!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 AM
Aa.ron Pa.tton
Banned

Excellent, excellent news, Dr. M.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with we pinback-addicts!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 AM
Mike

Looking forward to reading your new blog, great continued contribution
to the hobby.

Thanks
Mike
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 AM

Thank you for your words of support. The narrative text comes from notes I have taken over the years. That part is real easy. The hard part for me is the scanning and the placement of images within the text. If I ever get proficient with it I could easily do a column per week. For Mike in Michigan I have several columns planned for your Cubs. For BrooklynDodger55 Mike, I have a column planned for your favorite team and year. I hope the Net54 members enjoy reading these columns as much as I do in presenting them.

Best,

Paul
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Mike Kendall

Paul this is great news! I'm sure it will all be interesting but I am really looking forward to info on Cubs issues. Hope this includes Certified Ice Cream and American Badge (subtle hint). But honestly, thanks for doing this.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Bravo!

Gonna cover boxing pins? I have a good database of images I can loan you.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...