NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-14-2019, 01:57 AM
Aaron
A.aron Hein.eman

Default Who is the collector that likes purple stamps on the back of his T206?

Hello,
I have found a T206 for sale with purple stamped on the back. I can provide the details in a private message.
All the Beast,
Aaron
Old 07-14-2019, 04:09 AM
Tony Ooten

you may be thinking of CobbSpikedME Andy H.
https://thegreatt206backstampproject.yolasite.com/
Old 07-14-2019, 06:28 AM
Scott Russell

or mzljapan, but why the big secret? Just post it in BST.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-14-2019, 06:43 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

The purple date stamps? Or the Toy Town stamps? Or the Howe McCormick stamps? Or the "F" or "Jeff B" stamps? Or the policeman guy?
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:54 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I could be wrong but I think the OP is saying he knows of one for sale(does not own it) and will hook up the buyer with the person selling it.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I could be wrong but I think the OP is saying he knows of one for sale(does not own it) and will hook up the buyer with the person selling it.
That is my interpretation too. And for my next interpretation, here is John Wayne meeting a height challenged, disreputable gentleman:

"I want to tell you little fella, best you be movin' on before sundown or else the wolves will mistake you for a sheep."

Brian (my best impersonation of an interpretation)
Old 07-14-2019, 11:34 AM
david

I collect t206 with back stamps. PM sent.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2019, 11:46 AM
Aaron
A.aron Hein.eman

Yes tonyo it is the collector cobbwhospikedme AndyH. I thanks for helping.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:53 AM
Aaron
A.aron Hein.eman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Yes, this card is on ebay and I did not want someone to buy it mark it up then sell it to someone who really wanted it. That was the reason for the limited information. I sent Andy H a private message with no response but there are other people interested in the card so I will send them the link in a private massage.

Thanks for reading between the lines Scott.

All the Best,
Aaron

Last edited by Aj-hman; 07-14-2019 at 11:55 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 07-14-2019, 12:15 PM
Aaron
A.aron Hein.eman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
That is my interpretation too. And for my next interpretation, here is John Wayne meeting a height challenged, disreputable gentleman:

"I want to tell you little fella, best you be movin' on before sundown or else the wolves will mistake you for a sheep."

Brian (my best impersonation of an interpretation)
There are three types of people in this world: sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. ... the sheep who are enjoying their lives blissfuly unaware or uncaring of danger. The wolves waiting for an opportunity to take advantage of the sheep. Then there are the sheepdogs who watch the sheep and the wolves who have focused aggression, an overpowering need to protect the flock.
These men are the rare breed who live to confront the wolf. They are the sheepdog.
Good Looking Out,
Aaron
Old 07-14-2019, 12:23 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj-hman View Post
There are three types of people in this world: sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. ... the sheep who are enjoying their lives blissfuly unaware or uncaring of danger. The wolves waiting for an opportunity to take advantage of the sheep. Then there are the sheepdogs who watch the sheep and the wolves who have focused aggression, an overpowering need to protect the flock.
These men are the rare breed who live to confront the wolf. They are the sheepdog.
Good Looking Out,
Aaron
That's pretty brilliant, and very applicable to the current state of the hobby...

Pretty easy to insert the "key players" into each of those 3 rolls (sheep, wolves, sheep dogs).
Old 07-14-2019, 01:07 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj-hman View Post
Yes, this card is on ebay and I did not want someone to buy it mark it up then sell it to someone who really wanted it. That was the reason for the limited information. I sent Andy H a private message with no response but there are other people interested in the card so I will send them the link in a private massage.

Thanks for reading between the lines Scott.

All the Best,
Aaron
Actually I read your post wrong and thought you were selling it. Other people pointed out my mistake, and I think it's cool that you approached it this way. Hope you sent Zach a PM as well.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the heads up about the stamp. I've added it to my online back stamp project on the Leo Amiss Bros. page. That's the first Hindu I've seen with this particular stamp on it so that's cool. And thanks guys for referring Aaron to me.

The stamps I'm always looking out for are specifically the purple number stamps like the one in my avatar. I'll document all the stamps I find or that are submitted to me by fellow collectors in my online database, but those purple numbers are the ones I'm focused on collecting. Here are some examples for reference.

Thanks again guys!

Andy H
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Purple Number Stamps.JPG (75.2 KB, 293 views)

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 08-30-2019, 06:58 PM
Mike Engelsman

Guys- I recently picked up a T206 with a purple date stamp on the reverse. Is there any fear that these purple stamps have been recently added instead of from the original stamped date? Just curious. Thanks in advance for the insight.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:23 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

I've never thought these stamps would've been added at a later date than what is stamped on them. Or at least in that time period. The date stamps don't really carry a premium so it wouldn't make sense to stamp them nowadays. The F. Scott Fitzgerald and Howe McCormick stamps usually sell for a premium, but not the date stamps.

Hope this helps.

AndyH

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here