NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-05-2021, 05:05 PM

Default Richard

Hello, Richard, you asked me about the Victoria Collections how the sweets were distributed, look at that collection was not of sweets of any kind, many of the Cuban card collections were, some of them of cigarettes, chocolates, candies, cookies etc. When I was a boy I remember that we met a group and bought the Topp cards, and had the collections of the 50s of baseball players, El Zorro, Elvis Plesley, Dave Croket, etc. I completed some of them, but in 1959 it was the last year those cards were sold in Cuba, as for the Cuban cards I had and have some albums, and I remember that the cards came inside a closed paper that their value was 1 or 2 cents, the repeated ones we boys exchanged between us, and many times we played cards, we shuffled them and the one who took the highest number beat the others. Greetings.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:09 PM
Scott

Roland,

So are you saying the 1952-53 Victorias were sold in packs like Topps cards and were not inserts in food or tobacco?

Thanks,
Scott
Old 04-05-2021, 05:20 PM

Roland, that photo of those cards is amazing. I see the Willie Foster. I've never previously seen one, except on the uncut sheet. I know that one collector who is a Member of this forum owns one. Is that the same copy in your picture? Or are there two different copies?

Paul
Old 04-05-2021, 05:46 PM
Ricardo

Default Thank u

Thank you for your response.
This is very nice of you to offer information
on cuban baseball cards.
Im intrested in learning more.
Best Regards
Old 04-06-2021, 04:20 PM

Default Romeo y Julieta 1922

Travis, you sent me the photo of Carlos Royer from the Romeo y Julieta collection, all those cards I had in my hands and I scanned them in 2014 when they appeared, at 4 o'clock on the almendarea you have one, Pedroso's was bought by a good friend mine who lives in Miami, although I do not know if he still has it and I have the other two, those are the 4 known ones are a rarity, years ago I did research and draw my conclusions, which I will explain to you little by little, what if It is true that they are original and were printed in 1922 for the Romeo and Juliet Sports album, which had a boxing section and a baseball section, as I have seen it was prepared for a large number of baseball cards, that collection was prepared for It was released in 1911, maybe it was released or maybe not, because they were waiting for the printing of the album, which for reasons that I do not know, did not come out at that time, Pedroso's card by mistake says 1915, but it is from 1911, since it has the number of games played 191 1, there are interesting things that I investigated in La Compañía Litografica de La Habana, which was the one that printed everything related to the Tobacco Factories, now I took a photo of the album and I put cards from the 1922 series on top, in a while I am going to take other photos and I will continue the explanation, you will have a photo of the scan I did in 2014 with the 4 cards and another with some in the album, if you can when you see this message, let me know. Greetings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copia 4 almendares.jpg (30.0 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg Album Romeo y Julieta.jpg (64.0 KB, 193 views)
Old 04-06-2021, 09:38 PM

Default Scott

Scott, to the question that they asked me about Victoria, I answered Richard what he wanted to know, but to your question I answer you, all the collections of Cuban cards always say what they are, they were propaganda for factories of caramel cigarettes, chocolates, etc. They always specified it, in the case of Victoria Collections, neither in the postcard nor in the album does it mention what Victoria was, with that name there were cafes, clothing stores, shops etc, I think that the cards came wrapped in closed papers like in other cases, I remember when I was a boy and I bought them in the bodegas and coffee shops for 1 or 2 cents and they gave you the candy. Greetings Scott.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:17 AM
Scott

Muchas gracias, Roland.