NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-10-2022, 08:05 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Interesting that it was from the same BST post (WTB 1953 Willie Mays) the first one used. This email is from:

johngoldberg679@gmail.com

At least the 1st one made me think a little - A PSA 2.5 for $2K. This one is a joke - An o/c PSA 2 for $500!

While I agree it is much safer to not post an email or phone#, this is my business and both are easy enough to find - as in this case I do take steps to check people I do not know out.
I received an email at 3:05 AM this morning from this same email address with an offer for a card I had posted a WTB for a little while ago. Just before seeing the updates to this thread, I had emailed him back asking for his net54 ID. One thing that made me suspicious was that the pictures of the card he sent me look exactly like the ones of the same card (including a print defect which helped make it pretty obvious) that I am watching on eBay listed by Kit Young Cards so I was pretty sure they weren't contacting me directly to offer me the card at a slightly higher price than they were selling it for on eBay and their website. I am curious to see if I get a response.
Old 04-10-2022, 08:37 AM
Jay Shumsky

I received a pretty quick response to my email back to the person who had contacted me. He didn't answer any of my questions about the card other than to say it was in "a good condition" and he didn't provide a net54 ID. However, he did say he would accept PayPal G&S. Definitely will be passing on this offer.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:49 AM
Drew W@i$e

I go by this motto... if it is too good to be true, it probably is.

Be careful and ask for references.
Old 04-10-2022, 09:51 AM
Adam

Jay,

Similar occurrence for me. No posting history, card was not in his possession, did not provide his name, but was happy to accept PayPal G&S.

In all my time on here I had never encountered a scammer until about a month or two ago, and just had this person today. The last guy seemed like a fraud so when I asked him to “coin” the card I think he photoshopped a coin on to the card.

Adam
Old 04-10-2022, 10:15 AM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan View Post
Jay,

Similar occurrence for me. No posting history, card was not in his possession, did not provide his name, but was happy to accept PayPal G&S.

In all my time on here I had never encountered a scammer until about a month or two ago, and just had this person today. The last guy seemed like a fraud so when I asked him to “coin” the card I think he photoshopped a coin on to the card.

Adam
Coining a card doesn't make me feel anymore secure. Facetime is better than coining. Don't understand why people don't use Facetime instead.
Old 04-10-2022, 10:24 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwyer View Post
Coining a card doesn't make me feel anymore secure. Facetime is better than coining. Don't understand why people don't use Facetime instead.
As for on this forum, the 1st question to these scammers should be what is your Net54baseball user id? That is a 100% certain way to weed them out, especially if you check with me too. And be careful they don't use someone else's id. If you are doing a deal they should give you their full name. Then it's just a crosscheck...

Last edited by Leon; 04-10-2022 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-10-2022, 04:12 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Paypal G&S??

Something that stands out to me with my interaction as well as the 2 others posted - these guys were willing to accept Paypal G&S - How do they get away with that?

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 04-10-2022, 04:29 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Something that stands out to me with my interaction as well as the 2 others posted - these guys were willing to accept Paypal G&S - How do they get away with that?
Howard, I didn't really understand that either. I guess they could take all their money out of a PayPal account before someone who paid them reported not receiving a card to PayPal and PayPal would have to issue a refund and then not get the money back from the "seller", but unless they find a lot of people willing to send them money in a short period of time, it doesn't seem like that plan will work for very long.
Old 04-11-2022, 06:01 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson44 View Post
Looks like Nigerian scammers have invaded net 54🤭🤭
No Nigerian Princes have more morals than these guys...said so on facebook...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 04-11-2022, 07:15 AM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post
Yes, for sure.
It took ten years for you to develop his conscience.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:41 AM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
No Nigerian Princes have more morals than these guys...said so on facebook...
lol
Old 04-12-2022, 05:59 AM
Rowbeartoe Toemoss

A couple weeks ago I had posted in the B/S/T looking for a 14 CJ Wajo. Sadly, I put my email in the post to have someone email me as another way for communication. I received this morning a offer to buy a PSA 3 14 Wajo for only $700!!!. I knew immediately it was a scam so I decided to play along and ask for it to be coined. Said he couldn’t due to selling for his brother..lol
Old 04-13-2022, 05:15 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
I received a pretty quick response to my email back to the person who had contacted me. He didn't answer any of my questions about the card other than to say it was in "a good condition" and he didn't provide a net54 ID. However, he did say he would accept PayPal G&S. Definitely will be passing on this offer.
This guy has emailed me 4 times asking if I am still interested in the card even though I didn't respond to him after he first answered me and didn't provide any more information or his net54 ID. I'm surprised he's being so persistent.
Old 04-13-2022, 08:25 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
This guy has emailed me 4 times asking if I am still interested in the card even though I didn't respond to him after he first answered me and didn't provide any more information or his net54 ID. I'm surprised he's being so persistent.
Request that he pp/ffs you one dollar to show good faith, then tell him thanks for the buck for the time it took to read his emails.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 04-13-2022, 09:25 PM
Bob C.

Why not someone tell this guy they don't have a Paypal account, and ask if you can just send him a check instead. If he bites and actually gives you an address, you can act real surprised and tell him that you have a real good friend that lives near him, and instead you could simply have your friend stop by to drop off the cash for you and pick up the card at the same time. See what he thinks and says to that. And if he still plays along, you can actually try to get him to give you a time for your friend to drop the cash off.

Now if he hems and haws about not wanting to meet someone in person, you can reassure them not to worry, your buddy just happens to be a local cop so he should have no qualms about meeting up with him.

Hopefully that will get the point across!
Old 04-23-2022, 07:44 AM
Adam Wan.aselja

Steven Hurley - stevenhurley92@gmail.com - just offered me a T206 Evers Port, SGC 8 for “$1850 (negotiable)”.
Old 04-23-2022, 07:46 AM
Adam Wan.aselja

I asked for his user name for reference:

“Sure thing. My username is “wazoo”
Been on the forum for a while now”….

I don’t think Steven is very bright.

Last edited by Wanaselja; 04-23-2022 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-23-2022, 08:50 PM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanaselja View Post
I asked for his user name for reference:

“Sure thing. My username is “wazoo”
Been on the forum for a while now”….

I don’t think Steven is very bright.
Wazoo has been on here for awhile, but I know for a fact that Wazoo’s name is not Steven Hurley!

Successful transactions with:
300dw123, autograf, bn2cardz, buymycards, CobbvLajoie1910, Daves_resale_shop, frankbmd, GoCubsGo32, GoldenAge50s, GrayGhost, Head928, Jayworld, jdl860, jgmp123, kamikidEFFL, larrie804, Leerob538, lharri3600, Lordstan, megalimey, Orioles1954, quinnsryche, Redleg25, rjackson44, Rob D., SAllen2556, scmavl, slantycouch, slipk1068, Smanzari, TCMA, thetruthisouthere, Wolfgang427, yanks12025, ZackS
Old 04-24-2022, 04:59 PM
Adam Wan.aselja

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post
Wazoo has been on here for awhile, but I know for a fact that Wazoo’s name is not Steven Hurley!
Me too.

Per Phil’s post above I tried to get him to send me $10 as buyers collateral as “that’s the norm for 4 figure deals between members who’ve never dealt with each other before”. His response was great:

“Of course, we both want to be safe but this way is not safe for me. What’s the assurance that you’ll send it after i send the collateral.
Lately, lot of people have been getting ripped off thru this way
Old 04-25-2022, 09:00 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Scammed again..

Another member got scammed this morning out of almost $400. The scammer had ALL of the red flags we talk about daily, and didn't check with me for a reference. The member has been here a few years with over 150 posts. There just isn't anything I can do when people are not being cautious. It's the freaking internet. Be alert or learn the hard way. Always sorry to hear it happens.

Last edited by Leon; 04-25-2022 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:29 PM
Bob C.

Not to hijack this thread away from its' BST focus, but noticed the recent posts by two brand new forum members in various unrelated threads which are apparently pitching some Chinese warehouse based mining equipment. The latest user just posting in the last 24 hours is Stefaniamine, and the original poster from a few days ago was Dianamine, so obviously whoever is doing this is related, or the same person(s), based on the username similarity. Found it intriguing in that both users posted just four times, listing the exact same ad for their mining equipment, and am now wondering if there is some specific reason they didn't post a fifth time with either username.

Given the issues with scammers and hackers, I would advise everyone to NOT EVER CLICK ON A LINK in such obvious scam posts. The possibility of some malware or virus threat is very real, especially in the world today.

I know that the goal of Net54 is to be friendly, open and welcome to all interested parties, but the potential of such an obvious threat has to make one wonder if the need for some type of a vetting process before allowing new members to post may now, and going forward, be necessary to at least try and reduce/eliminate the threat of scammers and hackers. I do not know if that is even possible.

But the fact that once something like these scam ads are posted, they cannot just simply be removed and deleted by the average Net54 member, like they can from their own email and inboxes. So, if these scam posts are harboring some virus or malware, it would behoove the entire forum community to have them permanently removed and deleted ASAP. In the interim/alternative, I would again strongly advise against anyone clicking on any of the links in such posts!!!
Old 04-29-2022, 01:47 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This thread is working I am getting pm's almost daily about scammers on the BST. Just today someone gave an id of someone I know and they are a scammer. So their recent MO is to give a good Net54 user id but the id isn't who they are. The latest was a Ralph Houk....he said his id was Rholmes, except I know Ray and he isn't Ray LOL... Yawl be careful on the BST. Check the number of posts they have and when they registered. Check with me if there is any doubt. Be careful!!!
Old 04-29-2022, 02:34 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Wait, so I should rethink this PM I got just today??? I was just about to give them the info they requested...

Subject: PLEASE HELP ME TODAY NOW AMERICA PAL
Dear finest friend:
My name is Tenami Wazooli, son of the CEO of Lion King Bank of Nigeria. Due to Political strife, I am unable to move family’s baseball collection of worth $20,000,000 (TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS) without cardboard likenesses being traced by rebel forces.

I am soliciting your help in transferring these cardboard heroics out of country in boxes once filled with shoes. If you would provide your bank account information (PayPal friend/family preferred), (PWCC vault number also acceptable), and address for verification, I will transfer these cards to your home for safekeeping.

For your help, my family will allow you keep Tobacco Card Wagner (on my oath swear NOT TRIMMED) and 1989 Topps Gregg Jefferies card of rookie (EIGHT MIL- LION DOLLARS VALUE, which can be used to purchase two gallons petrol). These cards you would say, UNDERGRADED!! DEFINITE REGRADE!!
I await your response.
Sincerely,
T. Wazooli

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:34 AM

Why does everyone want to be wazoo????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyelm View Post
wait, so i should rethink this pm i got just today??? I was just about to give them the info they requested...

Subject: please help me today now america pal
dear finest friend:
my name is tenami wazooli, son of the ceo of lion king bank of nigeria. Due to political strife, i am unable to move family’s baseball collection of worth $20,000,000 (twenty million dollars) without cardboard likenesses being traced by rebel forces.

I am soliciting your help in transferring these cardboard heroics out of country in boxes once filled with shoes. If you would provide your bank account information (paypal friend/family preferred), (pwcc vault number also acceptable), and address for verification, i will transfer these cards to your home for safekeeping.

For your help, my family will allow you keep tobacco card wagner (on my oath swear not trimmed) and 1989 topps gregg jefferies card of rookie (eight mil- lion dollars value, which can be used to purchase two gallons petrol). These cards you would say, undergraded!! Definite regrade!!
i await your response.
Sincerely,
t. Wazooli
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:47 AM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Hey Wazoo

I’m assuming the answer is youth and (likely) hair.
Those are two things many of us have lost :-) Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazoo View Post
Why does everyone want to be wazoo????

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:13 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

Wazoo's fame and reputation has made it all the way to Nigeria! Nice going Waz!

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 05-01-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytoad View Post
Hey Wazoo

I’m assuming the answer is youth and (likely) hair.
Those are two things many of us have lost :-) Lol
Good to hear from ya my man!

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
Wazoo's fame and reputation has made it all the way to Nigeria! Nice going Waz!

Now this made me laugh pretty hard…

Old 05-05-2022, 11:23 AM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackaJackKid View Post
A couple weeks ago I had posted in the B/S/T looking for a 14 CJ Wajo. Sadly, I put my email in the post to have someone email me as another way for communication. I received this morning a offer to buy a PSA 3 14 Wajo for only $700!!!. I knew immediately it was a scam so I decided to play along and ask for it to be coined. Said he couldn’t due to selling for his brother..lol
They are trying to get more sneaky.

My WTB Jackie post got a $300 offer on a 54 PSA4, no post and brand new. Obvious scammer but wanted to see what else he had to say (after immediately notifying Leon).

He said paypal g/s was good and then I asked for a coined picture and got a photoshopped coin over the original scan.

Slick. He's banned now.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2022, 12:45 PM
Bob C.

I still say someone should play them and pretend to go along with the deal and maybe ask where they're from, because if they're close, you could swing by to pay in cash and pick it up in person. Of course they won' do that, and will probably tell you they live somewhere else, like in another state. But if you continue to be friendly and press them as to an actual city they live in in that other state/area, you can then act surprised and say hey, that's great, you just happen to have a real good friend/relative that lives in that same city that would be glad to swing by and pay for the item and pick it up for you. You can tell them that you were going to be seeing that friend/relative in the next week or so, and it would save the seller the time/cost of shipping it. Plus they'd get paid in cash. And then you finish off by telling the scammer to not worry about meeting up with your friend/relative, they're a cop, so they wouldn't need to be concerned about someone trying to rip them off.

Can only imagine how quickly they'd then cut off communications, or what new BS they'd come back with. LOL
Old 05-06-2022, 07:29 AM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default Thanks Leon

Recently I received a pm from someone that said they had a card listed on my signature want list. When I checked his profile he was already banned.
Thanks Leon.

CAMNITZ HAH BACK RUN PROJECT:

T206 Camnitz (HAH) AB 460 / SC Fact 25 and OP / EPDG (Upgrade Needed)

T206 Magee Portrait
T206 Walsh
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
T206 Shag
T206 E Collins
Old 05-06-2022, 11:01 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Wait, so I should rethink this PM I got just today??? I was just about to give them the info they requested...

Subject: PLEASE HELP ME TODAY NOW AMERICA PAL
Dear finest friend:
My name is Tenami Wazooli, son of the CEO of Lion King Bank of Nigeria. Due to Political strife, I am unable to move family’s baseball collection of worth $20,000,000 (TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS) without cardboard likenesses being traced by rebel forces.

I am soliciting your help in transferring these cardboard heroics out of country in boxes once filled with shoes. If you would provide your bank account information (PayPal friend/family preferred), (PWCC vault number also acceptable), and address for verification, I will transfer these cards to your home for safekeeping.

For your help, my family will allow you keep Tobacco Card Wagner (on my oath swear NOT TRIMMED) and 1989 Topps Gregg Jefferies card of rookie (EIGHT MIL- LION DOLLARS VALUE, which can be used to purchase two gallons petrol). These cards you would say, UNDERGRADED!! DEFINITE REGRADE!!
I await your response.
Sincerely,
T. Wazooli
Maybe scammers from now on should be called "Wazoo." As in, "Some Wazoo just emailed me a ridiculous offer..." etc.

With this guy, I'd have told him to keep the Wagner but could he send pictures of the Jefferies rookie.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:22 PM
Charles Jackson

I have received two suspicious responses to my post in the BST saying I wanted to buy a Cracker Jack Gavvy Cravath card.

One was from an email (no PM) from willamhouck@gmail.com and the other was a PM from member "hendrickson_zz" (who has zero posts) asking that I email karinahendrickson@gmail.com

When you google either willamhouck@gmail.com or karinahendrickson@gmail.com both appear on a website called "Stop Forum Spam" as having Nigerian IP addresses: https://www.stopforumspam.com/country/ng
https://www.stopforumspam.com/country/NG/4

Anyway, just a reminder to google suspicious email addresses.

Last edited by cgjackson222; 05-10-2022 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-10-2022, 01:01 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
When you google either willamhouck@gmail.com or karinahendrickson@gmail.com both appear on a website called "Stop Forum Spam" as having Nigerian IP addresses: https://www.stopforumspam.com/country/ng
https://www.stopforumspam.com/country/NG/4

Anyway, just a reminder to google suspicious email addresses.
It must be hell to be a legitimate baseball card collector in Nigeria......
Old 05-10-2022, 01:51 PM
J0sh.ua Le0nard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I still say someone should play them and pretend to go along with the deal and maybe ask where they're from, because if they're close, you could swing by to pay in cash and pick it up in person. Of course they won' do that, and will probably tell you they live somewhere else, like in another state. But if you continue to be friendly and press them as to an actual city they live in in that other state/area, you can then act surprised and say hey, that's great, you just happen to have a real good friend/relative that lives in that same city that would be glad to swing by and pay for the item and pick it up for you. You can tell them that you were going to be seeing that friend/relative in the next week or so, and it would save the seller the time/cost of shipping it. Plus they'd get paid in cash. And then you finish off by telling the scammer to not worry about meeting up with your friend/relative, they're a cop, so they wouldn't need to be concerned about someone trying to rip them off.

Can only imagine how quickly they'd then cut off communications, or what new BS they'd come back with. LOL
I had one of them going for a good part of the day a while back. I BCC'd Leon on most of it. The guy kept sending me pics of different cards and when I called him out he said the previous one had sold! lol
Old 05-10-2022, 01:58 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshleon View Post
I had one of them going for a good part of the day a while back. I BCC'd Leon on most of it. The guy kept sending me pics of different cards and when I called him out he said the previous one had sold! lol
Good for you! LOL

Only wish there was some way to really get back at these people. Local law enforcement is virtually worthless, and they aren't really big enough for the feds or other proper authorities to spend the time going after them. And they know it.
Old 05-10-2022, 02:21 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

With such an overwhelming base of baseball fandom in Nigeria, you'd think Topps would have hit that market with the same gusto that made the cardboard dreams of kids in Venezuela come true.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2022, 02:42 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
With such an overwhelming base of baseball fandom in Nigeria, you'd think Topps would have hit that market with the same gusto that made the cardboard dreams of kids in Venezuela come true.
A market ripe for the JollyElm baseball card set.

-
Old 05-10-2022, 03:37 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
It must be hell to be a legitimate baseball card collector in Nigeria......
Or a generous prince who just wants to share his fortune
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 05-10-2022, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Good for you! LOL

Only wish there was some way to really get back at these people. Local law enforcement is virtually worthless, and they aren't really big enough for the feds or other proper authorities to spend the time going after them. And they know it.
Paypal has their real name/address information (at least when they receive the funds into their account) but don't seem to care.
Old 05-10-2022, 06:42 PM
Bob Hamlin

Leon,

Add a William Houck to the Scammer list and I had an interaction with Johngoldberg679@gmail.com. When I asked for his Member ID, he replied back sb1. While I don't know many people on here, he happened to give the ID of Scott B, who I recognized. So even though he coined the item, I am sure I would have never received it. So to concur with Leon, they are using valid member ID's.

Bob

Last edited by Bobsbats; 05-10-2022 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-10-2022, 06:51 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
Paypal has their real name/address information (at least when they receive the funds into their account) but don't seem to care.
Exactly! One would think this would be a more productive use of our tax dollars to have local police doing this kind of investigation and research to get after these criminals, rather than pulling over buses with college lacrosse teams for a supposed minor traffic violation, and end up searching all their luggage for drugs/marijuana.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:41 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Exactly! One would think this would be a more productive use of our tax dollars to have local police doing this kind of investigation and research to get after these criminals, rather than pulling over buses with college lacrosse teams for a supposed minor traffic violation, and end up searching all their luggage for drugs/marijuana.
Low hanging fruit Bob, gotta get to the donut shop while they're still warm.

-
Old 05-10-2022, 08:00 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
Low hanging fruit Bob, gotta get to the donut shop while they're still warm.
I wish they could focus on things that are more criminal and do something about it. The internet is something that local police don't get involved with, not normally their jurisdiction. And the federal and other groups that maybe do have jurisdiction, not worth their time. Yet the bulk of law enforcement's manpower is at the local level. Technology is great, but at the same time it is also way ahead and beyond local law enforcement to really do anything about it. Instead of worrying about some college kids smoking MJ, how about at least trying to do something about the Nigerian princes robbing our elderly and other folks. The levels to which law enforcement will go in some instances to investigate and catch people is amazing, and at the same, oftentimes totally mind boggling, as to what they ultimately choose to go after.
Old 05-11-2022, 08:56 AM
Adam

I'm just throwing this out there as an idea, Leon. But maybe there could be a time limit before a new member can access the BST forums, since many of the scammers seem to go straight there after joining up. That and perhaps a minimum post count or something along those lines. That way at least some of them would be deterred, a weeding out process.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:00 PM
Tony. Biviano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Maybe scammers from now on should be called "Wazoo." As in, "Some Wazoo just emailed me a ridiculous offer..." etc.

With this guy, I'd have told him to keep the Wagner but could he send pictures of the Jefferies rookie.

He lost me at the mention of Greg Jeffries.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:39 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Since Prince Wazoo is far too modest to broadcast it, it should be noted that the Prince's baseball team, the Lagos Lions, won the All African Baseball Championship 39-0 in a cliffhanger against Mozambique. The Prince hit 12 home runs and made many spectacular plays in the field.
But the very good news is to celebrate the victory the Prince has just published a full 100 card set of the Lions, featuring 71 of himself playing his, er, favorite positions.
But the best part is that each card is backed by one barrel of Nigerian crude. When the energy crisis comes, as it will, you will feel secure knowing that the Lion's cards is your fail safe.
Prices and availability are shown on the Prince's website. Absolutely first come, first served policy.
Finally, in a gesture of humility, the Prince has generously agreed to autograph 1 out of the 71 cards featuring him in each set, and if that wasn't enough, 1 card out of 10 packs, or 1,000 cards, will have not only the Prince's autograph but a sacred lion's tooth insert. Overwhelming, just overwhelming.
Don't wait. Order now.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:26 PM
pete ullman

these scammers are getting personal here...waving an imaginary dots miller in my face????
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 7.27.13 PM.png (34.3 KB, 407 views)

Last edited by ullmandds; 05-14-2022 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:12 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
these scammers are getting personal here...waving an imaginary dots miller in my face????
That's just crossing the line Pete, plus the double buddy reference to ingratiate himself is hilarious.

-
Old 05-16-2022, 08:39 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsbats View Post
Leon,

Add a William Houck to the Scammer list and I had an interaction with Johngoldberg679@gmail.com. When I asked for his Member ID, he replied back sb1. While I don't know many people on here, he happened to give the ID of Scott B, who I recognized. So even though he coined the item, I am sure I would have never received it. So to concur with Leon, they are using valid member ID's.

Bob
Yep, I just had a Willam Houck email me in regards to a WTB post of mine. Luckily he’s not very savvy, clearly a scammer.