NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-10-2022, 05:51 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
A little bitter sweet. Sweet because I havenít seen these cards since January 2021, and Iím ready to get them back. Bitter because itís the last outstanding PSA submissions I have, and will probably have for a while. I refuse to pay $50.00 a card. Also, probably the last group submission Bobby will do for us. Thanks, Bobby.
I am hoping that PSA will eventually open back up. I am 100% in the same boat as you. My raw card collection has EXPLODED. If ever comes the day when PSA runs a special for 1963 Topps with yellow backgrounds, I am ready. I refuse to pay $50 per card. I wonder if we will ever see specials below $10 ever again?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-10-2022, 05:54 AM
cubman1941 cubman1941 is offline
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kingsport Tennessee
Posts: 1,113
Default

Yea!! Thanks for letting us know. I am looking forward to the 4th of July when we may have these back.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-15-2022, 05:12 PM
Tyruscobb Tyruscobb is offline
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.ü.Σ
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubman1941 View Post
Yea!! Thanks for letting us know. I am looking forward to the 4th of July when we may have these back.
So much for the July 4th prediction. Is Labor Day too much to ask for at this point?

I was cleaning out a desk drawer today and came across this postal receipt. I mailed Bobby my cards on 1/12/21 - 550 days ago.

PSA logged the cards into the system more than 438 days ago.

Meanwhile, more important PSA customers (i.e. those willing to pay more money, such as $50.00 a card), who have only recently submitted their cards, have already received them back.

In mid-April 2022, I submitted a few cards with Bobby, at the $50.00 level, and received them back in mid-June 2022.

This is getting beyond ridiculous at this point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg William.jpg (27.5 KB, 451 views)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-15-2022, 05:57 PM
Casey2296's Avatar
Casey2296 Casey2296 is offline
Is Mudville so bad?
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,538
Default

Waiting for the Swingin' 60's sub...
-
_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rembrandt.jpg (3.0 KB, 444 views)
__________________
Phil Lewis
.
E94 27/30
Bender White Cap back run 9/14
Original circulation E98 Master set 120/120

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-15-2022, 06:43 PM
JollyElm's Avatar
JollyElm JollyElm is offline
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,643
Default

When PSA received this sub, Alaska and Hawaii weren't yet a part of the Union.
__________________
Take a look at my funny Baseball Cards T-Shirts:
https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=320524

Interested in trading? Check out my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

ďI was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.Ē
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-18-2022, 09:13 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

PSA was just a twinkle in Herbert Hoover's eye.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-08-2022, 09:12 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

We have moved to assembly.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-08-2022, 09:42 PM
Vegas Cards Vegas Cards is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
We have moved to assembly.
Can you provide a screenshot? I don't believe it
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-08-2022, 09:58 PM
Casey2296's Avatar
Casey2296 Casey2296 is offline
Is Mudville so bad?
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,538
Default

What is PSAs current turn time on "assembly"?

Not asking for myself but my heirs are curious...
__________________
Phil Lewis
.
E94 27/30
Bender White Cap back run 9/14
Original circulation E98 Master set 120/120

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-08-2022, 10:08 PM
raulus raulus is offline
Nicol0 Pin.oli
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
What is PSAs current turn time on "assembly"?

Not asking for myself but my heirs are curious...
My experience over the last six months is that it varies. Most of mine seem to spend a few weeks in assembly. At the same time, Iíve had a few that move fast, literally spending only a few days in assembly. It might depend on which service level you get. The higher service levels seem to move more quickly through each part of the process. If youíre at the lower service levels, getting from assembly to the finish line could easily take 1-2 months.

But hopefully yours move real zippy, and you get your grades tomorrow.

In culo alla balena!
__________________
Trying to wrap up my master mays set, with just a few left:

1959 Bazooka Complete Box
M118 (PSA calls it 1963 Baseball Magazine)
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 09-08-2022, 10:20 PM
Tyruscobb Tyruscobb is offline
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.ü.Σ
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
My experience over the last six months is that it varies. Most of mine seem to spend a few weeks in assembly. At the same time, Iíve had a few that move fast, literally spending only a few days in assembly. It might depend on which service level you get. The higher service levels seem to move more quickly through each part of the process. If youíre at the lower service levels, getting from assembly to the finish line could easily take 1-2 months.

But hopefully yours move real zippy, and you get your grades tomorrow.

In culo alla balena!
We entered the grading stage on 3/9/22 and remained there until 9/8/22 - right at 6 months. At this point, I expect assembly will take the full 2 months.

I mailed Bobby my cards in mid-January 2021 (Hank Aaron was still alive). I had earmarked several for 2021 Christmas gifts. Iím just hoping I will receive them back in time for Christmas 2022!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-08-2022, 10:25 PM
Tyruscobb Tyruscobb is offline
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.ü.Σ
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
So much for the July 4th prediction. Is Labor Day too much to ask for at this point?

I was cleaning out a desk drawer today and came across this postal receipt. I mailed Bobby my cards on 1/12/21 - 550 days ago.

PSA logged the cards into the system more than 438 days ago.

Meanwhile, more important PSA customers (i.e. those willing to pay more money, such as $50.00 a card), who have only recently submitted their cards, have already received them back.

In mid-April 2022, I submitted a few cards with Bobby, at the $50.00 level, and received them back in mid-June 2022.

This is getting beyond ridiculous at this point.
I guess Labor Day was a bridge too far! Anyone taking bets on or before Halloween?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-08-2022, 10:38 PM
raulus raulus is offline
Nicol0 Pin.oli
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
I guess Labor Day was a bridge too far! Anyone taking bets on or before Halloween?
Some people around here take their bets pretty seriously, so Iíll pass on that action.

But my guess would be early to mid November. No promises!
__________________
Trying to wrap up my master mays set, with just a few left:

1959 Bazooka Complete Box
M118 (PSA calls it 1963 Baseball Magazine)
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-09-2022, 05:46 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Some people around here take their bets pretty seriously, so Iíll pass on that action.

But my guess would be early to mid November. No promises!
I would think before Thanksgiving is a safe bet. Shoot, I think before Halloween would also be good. We shall see.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-09-2022, 05:49 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
What is PSAs current turn time on "assembly"?

Not asking for myself but my heirs are curious...
BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!! That was a good one!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-09-2022, 08:25 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

We are already out of assembly.....Guess they want their money??
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-09-2022, 09:26 PM
Tyruscobb Tyruscobb is offline
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.ü.Σ
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
We are already out of assembly.....Guess they want their money??
Probably a little more urgency to finish the backlog with the new $22.00 bulk deal starting the other day.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-10-2022, 05:23 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
Probably a little more urgency to finish the backlog with the new $22.00 bulk deal starting the other day.
I am sure.....however, $22 doesn't convince me to get my 1933 Goudey Indian cards graded. The $200 limit is not high enough to make it worthwhile for me to pay that much.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-26-2022, 02:10 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

QA Check #2!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-26-2022, 03:54 PM
Vegas Cards Vegas Cards is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 354
Default

Thank you for the update Bobby.

That's a pretty quick move from grading to assembly to QA2, all things considered. Glad to see they're making progress on this one.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-26-2022, 04:24 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Cards View Post
Thank you for the update Bobby.

That's a pretty quick move from grading to assembly to QA2, all things considered. Glad to see they're making progress on this one.
I don't think it's just mine. I think they are trying to clear up all of the backlog. This is simply the caboose coming through the tunnel.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-26-2022, 06:52 PM
cubman1941 cubman1941 is offline
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Kingsport Tennessee
Posts: 1,113
Default

Thanks for the update, Bobby. My last response mentioned 4th of July but forgot to post the year. Maybe I will still be right.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-26-2022, 07:08 PM
Casey2296's Avatar
Casey2296 Casey2296 is offline
Is Mudville so bad?
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,538
Default

I have 50 cards in that sub that I've nearly forgotten about, its going to be like receiving a 50 card HOF auction lot when they arrive. Thanks for sticking with it Bobby, appreciate it.
__________________
Phil Lewis
.
E94 27/30
Bender White Cap back run 9/14
Original circulation E98 Master set 120/120

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-27-2022, 06:16 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

The grades popped during the middle of the night. As soon as my gf wakes up and can put them in a spreadsheet form (minus the certs, thanks to some donkey's butt), I will post them in the thread. Stay tuned.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-27-2022, 07:14 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Only took a year and a half. As usual, if you want to be surprised, DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...h6w/edit#gid=0
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 09-27-2022, 08:07 AM
Jay Wolt's Avatar
Jay Wolt Jay Wolt is offline
qualitycards
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gettysburg PA area
Posts: 2,739
Default

"They went up a little in price from the Goudey/T206 Special last quarter, from $8.50 to $9.00"
Taken from Bobby's 1st post.

Ahh those were the days, grading fees below $10
Wonder if they will ever go back to that?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-27-2022, 09:15 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
"They went up a little in price from the Goudey/T206 Special last quarter, from $8.50 to $9.00"
Taken from Bobby's 1st post.

Ahh those were the days, grading fees below $10
Wonder if they will ever go back to that?
LOLOLOLOL........talk about showing it's age!
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-27-2022, 09:50 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

I see one of two that might cause an issue.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-27-2022, 10:51 AM
Vegas Cards Vegas Cards is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Cards View Post
I'm in. I've got an ungraded '65 set. I'll be pulling 50+ from there.

I haven't looked at the set in a while. A few interesting cards



And a few familiar names

I posted this scan January 9th, 2021. I think it was worth the wait, especially the Aaron.

Koufax EXCELLENT-MINT 6

Clemente EXCELLENT-MINT 6

Mays EXCELLENT 5

Aaron NEAR MINT 7
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-27-2022, 12:11 PM
Tyruscobb Tyruscobb is offline
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.ü.Σ
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 537
Default

I never thought this day would come! Thanks, Bobby.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 09-27-2022, 12:17 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
I never thought this day would come! Thanks, Bobby.
HAHAHA..>They can't hold them forever?? Or can they??? LOL...Next step is to get them back......so let's see.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 09-27-2022, 12:30 PM
Casey2296's Avatar
Casey2296 Casey2296 is offline
Is Mudville so bad?
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,538
Default

Some tough grades in there.
__________________
Phil Lewis
.
E94 27/30
Bender White Cap back run 9/14
Original circulation E98 Master set 120/120

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 09-27-2022, 01:57 PM
Vintagedeputy's Avatar
Vintagedeputy Vintagedeputy is offline
Jim Reynolds
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Glen Allen, Va.
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Only took a year and a half. As usual, if you want to be surprised, DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...h6w/edit#gid=0
You waited a year and a half for 266 cards to come back to you?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 09-27-2022, 02:07 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
You waited a year and a half for 266 cards to come back to you?
Uhhhh.......I have no idea how to answer this?? Can someone else help?? Maybe he lived in Belize or something.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-27-2022, 02:11 PM
Vegas Cards Vegas Cards is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Uhhhh.......I have no idea how to answer this?? Can someone else help?? Maybe he lived in Belize or something.
Anything for a deal. Yes it was a year and a half wait, but we paid $9/card for grading.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 09-27-2022, 02:48 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Cards View Post
Anything for a deal. Yes it was a year and a half wait, but we paid $9/card for grading.
We paid it before the shutdown. Back when everything was normal. Before PSA got innundated with a million Pokemon cards. We had no idea it was going to take a year and a half. To be frank, we will probably never get to pay below $10 per card for grading ever again.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 09-27-2022, 08:36 PM
Vintagedeputy's Avatar
Vintagedeputy Vintagedeputy is offline
Jim Reynolds
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Glen Allen, Va.
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Uhhhh.......I have no idea how to answer this?? Can someone else help?? Maybe he lived in Belize or something.
1) It was a serious question.

2) Belize is a beautiful country. You should visit. Try the chocolate.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 09-27-2022, 08:38 PM
Vintagedeputy's Avatar
Vintagedeputy Vintagedeputy is offline
Jim Reynolds
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Glen Allen, Va.
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
We paid it before the shutdown. Back when everything was normal. Before PSA got innundated with a million Pokemon cards. We had no idea it was going to take a year and a half. To be frank, we will probably never get to pay below $10 per card for grading ever again.
Thank you for the explanation. That makes sense. I only submit to SGC so I have no experience with PSA's turnaround times.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 09-28-2022, 01:41 AM
brianp-beme's Avatar
brianp-beme brianp-beme is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,199
Default

Glad to see these cards got graded before the upcoming Sagging Seventies promotion.

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 09-28-2022 at 02:48 AM. Reason: didn't think it was possible, but I made it even better
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 09-28-2022, 03:57 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
1) It was a serious question.

2) Belize is a beautiful country. You should visit. Try the chocolate.
I have visited Belize. That is why I mentioned it.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 09-28-2022, 02:28 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Guys....I sure hope this isn't the case, and I am not trying to jinx us, but PSA gave me a tracking number with no activity on it.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 09-28-2022, 03:37 PM
Tyruscobb Tyruscobb is offline
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.ü.Σ
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Guys....I sure hope this isn't the case, and I am not trying to jinx us, but PSA gave me a tracking number with no activity on it.
Of course nothing is easy. The saga continues...
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 09-28-2022, 07:13 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Why do I seem to be the only one upset about the missing order!?!?!?!?
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 09-28-2022, 07:29 PM
Casey2296's Avatar
Casey2296 Casey2296 is offline
Is Mudville so bad?
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Why do I seem to be the only one upset about the missing order!?!?!?!?
Maybe they have their own postal meter and assign a tracking number before actually posting the package. Lets see if there's any movement in the morning.
__________________
Phil Lewis
.
E94 27/30
Bender White Cap back run 9/14
Original circulation E98 Master set 120/120

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 09-28-2022, 08:07 PM
Jcosta19's Avatar
Jcosta19 Jcosta19 is offline
Justin
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Guys....I sure hope this isn't the case, and I am not trying to jinx us, but PSA gave me a tracking number with no activity on it.
That happened to myself and another collector friend of mine last week. Took several days for the shipment to actually get shipped after shipping number created by PSA.
Hopefully that's all it is.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jcosta19; 09-28-2022 at 08:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 09-28-2022, 08:13 PM
Tyruscobb Tyruscobb is offline
β.Γ.Ҽ.Ո.Ť Ḋ.ü.Σ
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Why do I seem to be the only one upset about the missing order!?!?!?!?
Were the cards insured, or are we out the cardsí market value and the grading fees? If there is no evidence that the USPS ever took possession, how is PSA not liable?

When I personally ship cards, I watch the counter person scan the package and receive a receipt. Does that not occur at PSA? When the USPS package handler comes to PSA and picks up packages, are they not scanned immediately into the system with a handheld device and a receipt created?

You had a prior submission get ďlost.Ē Thatís twice in what a year? Please tell me you are going to make a call and kick some butt. How does two submissions go missing in a year? PSA has some explaining to do. Please stay on this.

Yeah, Iím not happy about losing over four figures worth of cards, but those cards have been in my family since they were pulled from the packs. I want the cards!
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 09-28-2022, 08:26 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcosta19 View Post
That happened to myself and another collector friend of mine last week. Took several days for the shipment to actually get shipped after shipping number created by PSA.
Hopefully that's all it is.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Oh really???? I have NEVER had an order take several days after the shipping number was created. It was always same day.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-28-2022, 08:55 PM
Mike D. Mike D. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: West Greenwich, RI
Posts: 1,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Oh really???? I have NEVER had an order take several days after the shipping number was created. It was always same day.
PSA has been running a day or two for it to show up beyond "tracking number created" recently...I've had two orders ship within the last week and that was the case both times.
__________________
Check out my articles at Cardlines.com!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-29-2022, 04:26 AM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
PSA has been running a day or two for it to show up beyond "tracking number created" recently...I've had two orders ship within the last week and that was the case both times.
Thank you Mike. I hope that is the case this time. If another one of my packages happens to get "lost".......well........let's just say it won't be good.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-29-2022, 07:59 AM
Jay Wolt's Avatar
Jay Wolt Jay Wolt is offline
qualitycards
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gettysburg PA area
Posts: 2,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Thank you Mike. I hope that is the case this time. If another one of my packages happens to get "lost".......well........let's just say it won't be good.
Bobby what was the outcome of the other package?
Did it finally get to you, if not were you compensated for its contents?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any interest in a pricier piggyback sub?? - WE ARE LOGGED IN! - POPPED!! bobbyw8469 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 82 08-13-2019 06:05 AM
Gauging interest for a PSA Piggyback Special!! bobbyw8469 WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics 23 05-07-2017 04:31 PM
Any interest in a piggyback to PSA this month? NEED THEM QUICKLY! CLOSED!!!! bobbyw8469 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 12 01-21-2016 05:34 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:04 AM.


ebay GSB