NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-16-2017, 02:42 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Default Tywagner1223

Hi, does anyone know if eBay seller Tywagner1223 is a board member? If so, just trying to contact him. Thanks
Old 01-17-2017, 05:25 AM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Hi, does anyone know if eBay seller Tywagner1223 is a board member? If so, just trying to contact him. Thanks
Good luck with that, he doesn't negotiate if that is your question. He also isn't the best about responding in general.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
Good luck with that, he doesn't negotiate if that is your question. He also isn't the best about responding in general.
If it is the same person (Jeff?) I think it is he isn't a member for a variety of reasons.

Last edited by Leon; 01-18-2017 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:15 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Thanks for heads up guys. I received a few separate messages that maybe help explain my experience.

Still don't know the full, prior story as it may have played out here. In my case there was no disaster, no scam, and I'm out nothing, so it obviously could have been worse. But there was a frustrating lack of interest in my multiple inquiries and offers, (4-5 over a week+) which started at about 85-90% of asking and reached 95%. Once I learned of the 10% discount, I would have likely just paid his full asking... but he decided to re-list at a substantially increased asking price ($300-$400 more) over the weekend. When he finally responded to my offer with a counter offer Monday, it was at$200+ more than the full BIN asking price had been last week when I started sending messages.

By then, it was Monday night, and I wanted to get the 10% coupon, so just decided to buy another card, from a seller who immediately responded to my offer with a nice counter offer.

None of this was a big deal, but don't think I'll be making offers on that original card any time soon.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:17 AM
Greg Z@y@tz

I feel your frustration because I OFTEN am ignored when I ask for additional information or an additional scan...

I struggle to understand why someone who SELLS baseball cards cannot be bothered when someone else actually wants to BUY those cards...

Can any of you "Grey Beards" help me out!
Old 01-19-2017, 01:09 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
I feel your frustration because I OFTEN am ignored when I ask for additional information or an additional scan...

I struggle to understand why someone who SELLS baseball cards cannot be bothered when someone else actually wants to BUY those cards...

I hear ya. I'm usually pretty patient/understanding, as I know many may just be selling on the side, may not have time, or simply may not be as into it as others. This guy however left some nice $ on the table due to what seemed total indifference to selling the card, which had otherwise sat for months, maybe a year on eBay as a BIN. Given the price hike, I expect it may sit another year. I know I'm not buying it.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:41 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

He is the seller and he can ask whatever he wants AND change the price. I would not do business this way, but it is his item. If you do not like it, just simply avoid doing the deal.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:46 PM
Ben North

COMC is getting horrible also. Getting a lot of the museum listings and the people that jack up their prices if you make a offer.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:13 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD08 View Post
He is the seller and he can ask whatever he wants AND change the price. I would not do business this way, but it is his item. If you do not like it, just simply avoid doing the deal.
That's fine, and as the "buyer" I will not be buying. I definitely didn't start the thread in a negative way toward the seller. I was hoping he'd be a board member, or would at least have some friends here who could help connect me with him since he hadn't responded to my multiple eBay inquiries. I instead got a handful of "stay away" warnings, and I'll heed that advice. I'm sure others have had, and will have good dealings with him too. He's got some nice cards, just some seemingly odd selling practices.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:12 AM

Jeff Powell. Dealt with him in the late 1900s and early 2000's without a problem.

Last edited by Brian Van Horn; 01-21-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:14 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn View Post
Jeff Powell. Dealt with him in the late 1900s.
Didn't know you were that old Brian
Old 01-21-2017, 09:53 AM
Rick Clemens

Default Tywagner1223

I know the guy and deal with him quite a bit from 1996 through 2006 or so. Sometimes he would give great deals or straight purchase and trades. Other times he would quote super high prices. I lost contact with him directly a few years back. I have also tried to make a few deals with him on ebay and he doesn't reply. In general he is a pretty decent guy just not always easy to buy from
Old 01-21-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
didn't know you were that old brian :d
lol.
Old 01-16-2022, 01:02 PM

Does anyone have this guy’s email address or a way to contact off eBay? If so, I would appreciate the info/help. Thanks

Ryan
Old 01-16-2022, 01:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Does anyone have this guy’s email address or a way to contact off eBay? If so, I would appreciate the info/help. Thanks

Ryan
I emailed him a few months back about a card on ebay and he did not answer, but he did immediately raise the BIN price which already was high.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 01-16-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I emailed him a few months back about a card on ebay and he did not answer, but he did immediately raise the BIN price which already was high.
Lol. From what I have been reading, I am not surprised. Can you PM me his email address? Thanks
Old 01-16-2022, 01:11 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Lol. From what I have been reading, I am not surprised. Can you PM me his email address? Thanks
Ryan I'll look for it, doubt I kept it.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:07 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Thanks for heads up guys. I received a few separate messages that maybe help explain my experience.

Still don't know the full, prior story as it may have played out here. In my case there was no disaster, no scam, and I'm out nothing, so it obviously could have been worse. But there was a frustrating lack of interest in my multiple inquiries and offers, (4-5 over a week+) which started at about 85-90% of asking and reached 95%. Once I learned of the 10% discount, I would have likely just paid his full asking... but he decided to re-list at a substantially increased asking price ($300-$400 more) over the weekend. When he finally responded to my offer with a counter offer Monday, it was at$200+ more than the full BIN asking price had been last week when I started sending messages.

By then, it was Monday night, and I wanted to get the 10% coupon, so just decided to buy another card, from a seller who immediately responded to my offer with a nice counter offer.

None of this was a big deal, but don't think I'll be making offers on that original card any time soon.
That's his MO Ian, I've experienced the same thing. Make a respectable offer and he'll bump the listing price.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 01-16-2022, 02:09 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:

Ryan
I've got his email and phone at the office, I'll email you with it tomorrow

-

Last edited by Casey2296; 01-16-2022 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:27 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

He does have some nice cards for sale

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 01-16-2022, 02:35 PM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post

I think the cab scene from "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" is an appropriate metaphor.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

[QUOTE=mrreality68;2186211]He does have some nice cards/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you.

Old 01-16-2022, 03:48 PM

Thanks Phil
Old 01-16-2022, 05:11 PM
Paul Z

I traded some texts on E Bay regardimg an overpriced card. He was quite illogical and annoyimg.
Old 01-16-2022, 05:23 PM
Jerry Tate

Default time frame

Dealt with him in the same time frame as Brian VH and he always seemed ok...Jerry
Old 01-16-2022, 06:12 PM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
COMC is getting horrible also. Getting a lot of the museum listings and the people that jack up their prices if you make a offer.
Hi Ben comc and starstock really terrible omg
Old 01-16-2022, 07:15 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

He and I had a few cordial discussions. He was fine to discuss cards, just had his ways, I had mine. We did not reach a deal that I remember, but he wasn’t an a-hole.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 01-16-2022, 07:32 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
He and I had a few cordial discussions. He was fine to discuss cards, just had his ways, I had mine. We did not reach a deal that I remember, but he wasn’t an a-hole.
Refusing to answer a polite and serious inquiry on a card, except to raise the BIN price, is a hole behavior IMO.

Old 01-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Ch@d

My advice is to not waste your time with this seller. They are one of a select few sellers on Ebay that I simply ignore now, like Dean's. If you're not willing to lower your asking price more than a few percent, you shouldn't use "or best offer" listings.
successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson
Old 01-17-2022, 10:39 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Refusing to answer a polite and serious inquiry on a card, except to raise the BIN price, is a hole behavior IMO.
+1

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Daryl

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I had this same experience over the weekend. I made an offer, it was immediately rejected, the BIN price was raised, and I was blocked from making another offer. I sent a message, but it was ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2023, 07:18 PM
Peter Spaeth

I feel like I just saw a ghost. Wow.

Old 12-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Such a strange business model. If you want the card best to just swallow the bitter pill and hit the BIN or move on to save your sanity.

-
Old 12-12-2023, 08:08 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
Such a strange business model. If you want the card best to just swallow the bitter pill and hit the BIN or move on to save your sanity.
HA.

Another option- if the seller refuses to accept your offer, then get all pissed off and start sending inflammatory messages, and call the seller a long list of names.

Had this happen to me a couple of months ago with an item I had listed on eBay.

Naturally, I blocked him.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 12-12-2023, 08:22 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
HA.

Another option- if the seller refuses to accept your offer, then get all pissed off and start sending inflammatory messages, and call the seller a long list of names.

Had this happen to me a couple of months ago with an item I had listed on eBay.

Naturally, I blocked him.
And did you raise your BIN after that?

I've always been fair with my offers and polite in my interactions, Ty has the habit of raising the BIN after any offer. Seems strange to me. Better to hit the BIN and save yourself the frustration.

-
Old 12-12-2023, 08:28 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
And did you raise your BIN after that?

I've always been fair with my offers and polite in my interactions, Ty has the habit of raising the BIN after any offer. Seems strange to me. Better to hit the BIN and save yourself the frustration.
I didn’t change my BIN. Since it seemed to vex him so greatly, I did offer to remove the “make an offer” button. But that offer only seemed to enrage him further, and led to more verbal abuse from his side..

And in the end, I just left my listing as it was.

1963 Post complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 12-12-2023 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-12-2023, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
I didn’t change my BIN. Since it seemed to vex him so greatly, I did offer to remove the “make an offer” button. But that offer only seemed to enrage him further, and led to more verbal abuse from his side..

And in the end, I just left my listing as it was.
What is the listing? I might just make an offer you can't refuse.

Brian (I'm known in the Family as 'Knuckles')
Old 12-12-2023, 09:48 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Like that football player's bang buddy sings, "Haters gonna hate."

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2023, 12:18 AM
Ed.gar Pim.entel

Tywagner one of the eBay Museum’s notorious curators.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:57 AM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Out of control ben your right
Old 12-13-2023, 09:14 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
What is the listing? I might just make an offer you can't refuse.

Brian (I'm known in the Family as 'Knuckles')
HA.

Good question. It happened over the summer while I was on vacation down under, so it's been a hot minute. Most of the stuff that I have listed on eBay is not easy to find, so my prices are high retail for sure. Of course, most of my stuff also has limited demand, so it's going to sit for a while.

I think it might have been this Bazooka Stamp Complete Panel:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134096912488

1963 Post complete panel
Old 12-13-2023, 04:36 PM
J@son Per1

I would say it’s generally a dick move and demonstrates hostility when a seller responds to an offer or email by raising the price of the card. But it is his card so whatever I guess. Nothing up there for sale seems particularly competitive from a market perspective so whatever. There are other fish in the sea.
Old 12-13-2023, 04:52 PM
Mike Henry

If I make him an offer and he quickly rejects it but doesn't raise the Buy It Now price, does it mean he kind of likes me?
Old 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunboat82 View Post
If I make him an offer and he quickly rejects it but doesn't raise the Buy It Now price, does it mean he kind of likes me?
HA! Good one.

I am half tempted to make a $960 offer on that Bazooka stamp panel to see what happens, but I don't want to take the chance that he accepts the offer.
Old 12-13-2023, 06:13 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
HA! Good one.

I am half tempted to make a $960 offer on that Bazooka stamp panel to see what happens, but I don't want to take the chance that he accepts the offer.
HA. Go ahead and make your offer. I guarantee it will be accepted in about 3 seconds.

1963 Post complete panel