NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-31-2014, 02:50 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Default OT: Did Adam Dunn ruin his Hall chances

Said he will most likely retire after this season, he would have been almost a lock for 500 HR's, now, since he won't reach that, is he a HOF'er?

http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...eason?v=1&vc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2014, 02:55 PM
Luke Lyon

Yeah, he did. By hitting .210
Old 08-31-2014, 02:55 PM
qualitycards

Don't think Dunn w/ or w/o 500 HR's will make the Hall.
Though I hope he does well w/ Oakland for the remainder of this year
Old 08-31-2014, 03:03 PM

This generations Dave Kingman.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:03 PM
Jimi

I've personally never looked at Dunn as a future HOFer anyway. 500 home runs or not, most of his other stats are plain awful. OBP is decent, but he walked a ton (only 1,600+ career hits). Strikeouts are ridiculous. The two in front of him on the all-time list for strikeouts are Reggie Jackson (HOFer) and Jim Thome (likely HOFer), but those guys played much longer. Thome's numbers are waaaaaay better than Dunn's, too.

He has always seemed so old to me, but he's only 34. I tend to forget that he started younger than most, and playing very mediocre ball over the last few years have left fans (especially in Chicago) wondering when the torture was going to end.

All-in-all though, I wish him the best this last month.
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi
Old 08-31-2014, 03:15 PM
Dave Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDice View Post
. . . or Crime Dog
Old 08-31-2014, 03:19 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
. . . or Crime Dog
Crime Dog????? Crime dog was a far far far far better hitter than both these guys. He's a HOFer in my opinion, just didn't get to the magical number sports writers need.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:38 PM
Robert A

McGriff is close. Dunn is not close in my opinion, although he can BB with the best of them.

He's also very young for the HR numbers he's put up.

Rob

Last edited by caramelcard; 08-31-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:40 PM
N@te

Agree I don't think he hurt his chances. I always said he'll be the first 500 HR hitter not to be elected.(not including guys like Palmeiro and Sheff). He's just so one dimensional and doesn't hit for avg. His .200 hitting every yr drives me nuts.

Loved McGriff by the way. Much, much better player than Dunn, no doubt.

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 08-31-2014, 04:05 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
Said he will most likely retire after this season, he would have been almost a lock for 500 HR's, now, since he won't reach that, is he a HOF'er?

You have to be kidding! Even if he hit 600 HRs. No way a HOFer.. And yes McGriff was a 10 times better player than Dunn or Kingman, deserves much more consideration.

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 08-31-2014, 04:14 PM
Steven Finley

Strikeouts are overrated, an out is an out, but he never even cracked .270 in a season. He could get to 550 HRs and he wouldn't sniff the hall until the VC.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Kingman was a much better player.
CN
Old 08-31-2014, 05:16 PM
Peter Spaeth

He is better than his batting average suggests, since he walked quite a bit. Pretty good RBI guy. Not a HOFer, but not worthy of scorn either.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:26 PM
Luis

Not even close to being a HOFer. He is/was a threat at the plate, but so one dimensional. But......I'm a Bay Area guy so I'm pulling for him. I'd like to see the A's get over the top.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:35 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Yes, in this era of PEDs, definitely a HOFer...and I really don't think this will be his last year.

Just a fraction of my Dunn RC collection. The only modern player I collect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0002.jpg (76.6 KB, 448 views)
Old 08-31-2014, 05:44 PM
Peter Spaeth

Two time all star whose highest MVP vote was 20th or so. He's not making the HOF, David.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:

Dunn isnt a hof imo
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:21 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Last edited by HOF Auto Rookies; 08-31-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
You have to be kidding! Even if he hit 600 HRs. No way a HOFer.. And yes McGriff was a 10 times better player than Dunn or Kingman, deserves much more consideration.

When did I say he's a HOF'er?

Last edited by HOF Auto Rookies; 08-31-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:28 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnVme7 View Post
Agree I don't think he hurt his chances. I always said he'll be the first 500 HR hitter not to be elected.(not including guys like Palmeiro and Sheff)

Why not Sheff?

Old 08-31-2014, 06:30 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Doesn't Ray Schalk have the lowest non-pitcher batting average of anyone in the HoF (.253)? There is no way on earth a non-pitcher with a .239 career batting average is getting anywhere close to the HoF.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:32 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Currently 5th in active home run leaders and the only one of the five that hasn't had their name associated with PEDs. I stick by my opinion of HOF, but we can revisit this thread at a later date.

Edited to add: My opinion is based on him playing at least one more year and reaching 500 HR. If this is indeed his last year, then not a HOFer.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 08-31-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:44 PM

The ONLY way Dunn gets into the HOF is if he buys a ticket and he IS worthy of scorn.

When he was in the minors the scouts touted his ability to hit the ball to all fields and do so with power. They also said he had a great eye at the plate. The first two years in the majors, he did what the scouts said he could do. Then, he got fat and lazy.

He decided to start just strictly pulling the ball and trying to hit home runs. There went the batting average and the ability to drive in runs WITHOUT hitting a home run. He put on weight and there went the stolen base ability, the ability to go first to third on a single, score from second on a single and score from first on a double. There went his range in the outfield.

He absolutely STOPPED swinging at pitches over the outer third of the plate. So, pitchers knew this and tried to pitch out there. If they were successful, Dunn struck out without even taking the bat off of his shoulder. If they weren't Dunn walked.

People say that strike outs are just like any other out and that a walk is better than an out. Well, if Dunn were on the team YOU were a fan of, you would soon change your mind. You would get tired of the strike outs that did NOTHING to help your team win and the walks that just put the onus of driving in a run/s on a lesser player who hits lower in the order and who is getting paid much less.

Dunn LOVES and is passionate about football and baseball just happened to be a job. That is why his stats went into the tank EVERY September when the football season started. Look it up.

As far as the HOF goes, I always said NOBODY in their right mind would think of Dunn as hall worthy.

Highest batting average in a season was .266. For his career, he is a .237 batter. I think only guys who played GREAT defense are in the HOF with an average that low. On top of that, his BA with runners in scoring position is about .220 while his BA against left handed pitching is about .200.

His season high for home runs was 46 but his career high for rbi's in a season was 106. In two different seasons Dunn hit 40 or more home runs but did not have 100 rbi. Three different years Dunn hit 40 or more home runs and drew over 100 walks but scored fewer than 100 runs. In 2008, Dunn had 40 home runs, 122 walks and scored only 79 runs. Being overweight and out of shape will do that to you.

Dunn NEVER won a home run title. He never won an rbi title. He never won a Silver Slugger. He never won a Gold Glove. He was on only two All Star teams and for both of those he was chosen by the manager and NOT voted in by the fans.

For the people who said he was great, my response always was, if every team has to have an All Star representative then WHY is it always some OTHER player than Dunn that is chosen?

Dunn was HORRIBLE on defense with no range and a weak and inaccurate throwing arm. He was always amongst the league leaders in errors for an outfielder.

So far during his 14 year career he has played on ONE team that had a winning record.

Every team that he played for the fans were happy to have him UNTIL they saw how he played and when he was gone, they rejoiced.

In 2008, the Reds had a higher winning percentage and scored more runs per game AFTER Dunn was traded away than before. After the Diamondbacks traded for him, they had a lower winning percentage and scored fewer runs per game than they had before they got him. The fans were happy when he was gone.

The Nationals, even though they added other players, NEVER had a winning season with Dunn. Their fans were happy when he was gone.

The White Sox had one winning season with Dunn on the team. His first season there, he had a horrific season that was near record setting for ineptness. He has been traded and the Sox fans are happy.

I truly feel sorry for the Athletics now. They have traded for an overweight platoon player who historically tanks in September and who has said he is pretty much determined to retire after this season.

The ONLY thing Dunn is going to be good for is leading the rookies to karaoke night, taking them to UFC fights and teaching them the finer points of how to drink a case of beer while sitting on the couch playing video games (look all of those things up on Google).

No, Dunn is absolutely NOT a Hall Of Fame player.

David
Old 08-31-2014, 06:50 PM
Rob

Quote:
Why not Sheff?

Steroids AND a dick head.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:52 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
Strikeouts are overrated, an out is an out.
Not really. A strikeout can't advance a runner, drive in a run or put pressure on the defense.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:04 PM

Oh yeah, as far as MVP votes go, he received votes in three different seasons and his highest finish was 21st. This means there were tams that had TWO players on them that received more votes than Dunn had.

According to baseballreference.com, Dunn led in walks twice and strike outs four times.

According to their evaluation system, Dunn's highest year for WAR was 2004 when he accumulated 4.7. THAT was the ONLY year he had more than 3. There were three years where he put up 2 WAR. In 2011, he put up -2.9 WAR. NEGATIVE 2.9 WAR.

In 13 years as an outfielder, he had 2089 Chances and 69 Errors. That is an .967 Fielding Percentage. People complained that the Reds didn't have good pitchers. Well, with Dunn fielding like THAT and playing in a bandbox, NO pitcher could be good.

As far as black ink goes, baseball reference has him at 4 where an average Hall Of Famer is at 27. For grey ink, they have him at 87 where an average HOF'er is at 144.

Pretty much any way you look at him, measure him or do anything you want with him, Adam "one tool" Dunn is NOT a Hall Of Fame player.

David

Oh yeah, for fun, go to a stats page and look at where Dunn stands on the career home run list. Then start looking at the guys around him and the stats THEY put up. Compare Dunn to Alfonso Soriano. Soriano put up similar home run stats as Dunn and did so while playing Second Base and leading off. So, which guy is more deserving of the Hall Of Fame? If Dunn is a HOF'er then Soriano has to be a slam dunk to go in....

Last edited by ctownboy; 08-31-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:07 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Not really. A strikeout can't advance a runner, drive in a run or put pressure on the defense.
I totally agree - check out the MLB average runs scored this year and the several years leading up to it and then check the increase in acceptance of strikeouts. There is a direct connection.

Then, check out the Braves as a microcosm of this. They made it to the playoffs by the hair of the chins and are the only team in history to qualify for postseason play while having TWO regular position players with BA's below .200. The only reason this didn't cause them to set an all-time record for LOBs is the fact that they don't walk enough.

We live in the age of Pinball Baseball and though I would never offer up Adam Dunn as a Hall-of-Fame candidate, I have enjoyed his contribution to this 'phase' in baseball history. Dunn, himself, has downplayed any discussion of he even being a great athlete...but he has been a great one-trick donkey!

By the way, with the NL Batting Leader currently at .311, look for some 'tweaking' to be done to the rules in order to increase the offense. Yes, you heard it here first.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 08-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Currently 5th in active home run leaders and the only one of the five that hasn't had their name associated with PEDs. I stick by my opinion of HOF, but we can revisit this thread at a later date.

Edited to add: My opinion is based on him playing at least one more year and reaching 500 HR. If this is indeed his last year, then not a HOFer.
Hall Of Fame StatisticsPlayer rank in (·)

Black Ink Batting - 4 (431), Average HOFer ≈ 27

Gray Ink Batting - 87 (270), Average HOFer ≈ 144

Hall of Fame Monitor Batting - 75 (257), Likely HOFer ≈ 100

Hall of Fame Standards Batting - 33 (259), Average HOFer ≈ 50

JAWS Left Field (133rd), 16.6 career WAR/17.4 7yr-peak WAR/17.0 JAWS
Average HOF LF (out of 19) = 65.1 career WAR/41.5 7yr-peak WAR/53.3 JAWS

David -- come on. 500 HR was not getting him any closer than Albany.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-31-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:19 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
If Dunn had struck out less, he would have grounded into more double plays.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:26 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

I don't care if he makes it, I love Dunn. He's such a great person to the game and clubhouse guy. Met him twice and he was so down to earth. Quite an actor too!

Old 08-31-2014, 07:37 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
I don't care if he makes it, I love Dunn. He's such a great person to the game and clubhouse guy. Met him twice and he was so down to earth. Quite an actor too!

I just can't wait to see him in the white shoes!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 08-31-2014, 07:39 PM

Peter - Spaeth,

I beg to differ.

Look at his fly ball to ground ball ratio. Then look at his home run to fly ball ratio. Dunn is a fly ball hitter who didn't ground into double plays.

If Dunn would have struck out less then he would have made more productive outs not to mention some of the times he actually made contact would have been for hits and home runs.

One other thing I didn't say about Dunn in my previous posts; there was a time where he went almost two full seasons (almost either 1100 at bats or plate appearances) where he DID NOT HIT A SACRIFICE FLY!!!!

Think about THAT.

A guy who bats in the middle of the order and who hits more fly balls than anything when he makes contact and he can't drive a guy in with a Sac Fly for almost two full seasons.

David
Old 08-31-2014, 08:03 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Isn't that a Yogism?....if you think you're gonna hit into a double play, go ahead and strike out
Old 08-31-2014, 08:06 PM
N@te

Quote:
Why not Sheff?

Correct, because he was associated with PED's. He has good numbers, one heck of a swing, and I personally liked him as a player, but the whole PED connection will hurt him.

Plus, the players that are eligible for the HOF in the next 5 yrs is pretty amazing. It's stacked.

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 08-31-2014, 08:42 PM

I know he's not your typical HOFer but hitting 40 home runs five years in a row is pretty special.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:59 PM

He wouldn't have a chance even if he did hit 500. Even in his prime i wouldn't want him on my team, the strikeout numbers are horrendous.
2002 NL 170 (2nd)
2004 NL 195 (1st)
2005 NL 168 (1st)
2006 NL 194 (1st)
2007 NL 165 (3rd)
2008 NL 164 (5th)
2009 NL 177 (3rd)
2010 NL 199 (2nd)
2011 AL 177 (3rd)
2012 AL 222 (1st)
2013 AL 189 (3rd)
2014 AL 132 (7th)
Active 2,352 (1st)
Career 2,352 (3rd)
"I am an outcast, and I haven't a good name. I'm the loser, just like all gamblers are. I lived to make great plays. What did I gain? Nothing. Everything was lost because I raised hell after hours. I was a wise guy, a know-it-all, I guess."
-Hal Chase
Old 08-31-2014, 09:46 PM
Tony Quinn

As a die hard White Sox fan, all I can say is good riddance. Possibly the worst free agent signing and biggest waste of money in the history of baseball. From day one an absolute worthless turd of a player. Been waiting 4 years for this anchor to be cut loose, I'm sorry he's going to a possible playoff team, he does not deserve it. If he EVER made the HOF I'd never pay attention to anything from them ever again. Sorry for the rant but I despise Adam Dunn.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:20 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Two time all star whose highest MVP vote was 20th or so. He's not making the HOF, David.
I know it seems we have differing opinions a lot, Peter

but...

The number of times a guy has made the All Star Game really shouldn't have much of an impact on a player's chances at the Hall of Fame, especially when every team has to send somebody to the game. Derek Jeter made the All Star Game this year, and as great as he has been throughout his career, he shouldn't have been an All Star this year. The All Star Game is supposed to recognize the best players in Major League baseball that particular season. Jeter was hitting .272 with 2 HR and 25 RBI at the time of the game.

Robin Yount, one of the best shortstops to ever play the game, was voted to the All Star Game only three times in his career. Hell, in 1989, he was the American League MVP, and won a Silver Slugger Award, too. But he wasn't an All Star.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:28 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

If he's so bad, why would a playoff contention team trade for him? Hmmm....
Old 08-31-2014, 10:35 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I know he's not your typical HOFer but hitting 40 home runs five years in a row is pretty special.
Yes, it is. And if it weren't for an absolutely horrid 2011 season where he hit .159, he would have had ten 30 home run seasons in a row. That's something Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle and Hank Aaron didn't accomplish.

Quote:
That made me laugh.

Quote:
Steroids AND a dick head.
Oh, yes. I was in Milwaukee when we brought Sheffield up to the Majors. He was a total head case, thought his you-know-what didn't stink, even though he hit .247 with 5 HR and 32 RBI in his second season.

Quote:
Well, that's not really fair, or accurate. Kingman, when he wasn't hitting a home run, was an out. He had a career .302 OBP. He only walked 60 times in a season once. Dunn has a career .365 OBP. So even though he doesn't hit for average, he still gets on base a good amount of the time. Eight seasons with over 100 walks, two of which he led the league, and another season in which he walked 128 times, tells me that Dunn had at least a decent eye. Kingman's stats tells me he was up there swinging for the fences, and not doing much else.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:58 PM
Al

Quote:
When did I say he's a HOF'er?

Right there in your first post. You asked Is he a HOFer. And I answered No just like 90% of all the other people did!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Old 08-31-2014, 11:05 PM
Al

Quote:

Just because hes a Great person and clubhouse guy doesnt punch your ticket to the HOF. If that was the case I can name you 200 more that should be there! Like I said even if he hit 600 HRs no way on this earth he makes it. Case closed on this one.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:32 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Just because hes a Great person and clubhouse guy doesnt punch your ticket to the HOF. If that was the case I can name you 200 more that should be there! Like I said even if he hit 600 HRs no way on this earth he makes it. Case closed on this one.

You still are struggling mightily with what I have been saying. I never said I think he is a HOF'er. Simply because I asked the question does not mean so. A lot if individuals put a lot of weight on the Hall numbers that are pretty much locks. And 500 is one of those HOF monitors. And that is why I asked the question, for those who go with the HOF "lock" numbers.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:56 AM
Luke Lyon

I think you'd have a hard time finding anyone who considers 500 HRs a "lock" number anymore.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:13 AM
Peter Spaeth

"Quote:

That made me laugh."

Thank you for appreciating my understated humor. Someone thought I was defending his strikeouts.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:24 AM
Al

Quote:
You still are struggling mightily with what I have been saying. I never said I think he is a HOF'er. Simply because I asked the question does not mean so. A lot if individuals put a lot of weight on the Hall numbers that are pretty much locks. And 500 is one of those HOF monitors. And that is why I asked the question, for those who go with the HOF "lock" numbers.

Yes your right 500 HRs was the magic number years ago when baseball was normal. Its not anymore with the advent of PEDs I would find it very hard to put any of those other 500+ HR hitters (users )in the Hall!
Getting back to Mr Dunn the question you asked is " Is he a HOFer" and the answer is No. You cant put a guy who hits the Mendoza line every year and strikes out more times than my blind Grandmother.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:39 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeLyon View Post
I think you'd have a hard time finding anyone who considers 500 HRs a "lock" number anymore.
Or 3000 hits, see Craig Biggio (although he will get in eventually). But if Juan Pierre gets to 3000 (he has tailed off and likely won't but a couple of years ago it was not an unreasonable possibility), I can't imagine he gets in ever. Actually Adrian Beltre looks to have a real good shot, is he a HOFer?

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-01-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Tony Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
If he's so bad, why would a playoff contention team trade for him? Hmmm....
Because they are sinking like a rock and are desperate. Injuries and losing 4 in a row to the division leading team will make an organization do stupid things. This is #1 on that list.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:49 AM

I don't know about that. To be fair, Dunn's .340 OBP will rank him at the top of the team. Crisp has a .346. Donaldson has a .349. Moss has the same .340.

I think he will add some value to the A's during their push.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:51 AM
qu@n nguy3n

beltre is one of my favorite players...and on his current trajectory should be a hof'er. if he was white and in ny he would've locked it up already.

edit: and dunn...lol! i'm not gonna even.

Last edited by chaddurbin; 09-01-2014 at 11:54 AM.