NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Default Booted off of Ebay

Posted By: Darren

I was just booted off of Ebay without an explanation. Anybody have any Ebay contacts so that I may get a clear picture of what is going on.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

try the 1-800 701-3229 phone #

Old 07-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

Darren- I think leon has a contact with ebay, you might try emailing him for help.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimi

I hope everything gets resolved for you. A positive note though: I sent your package out yesterday!

Jimi

Old 07-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Administrator

I think the phone # only works if you've got a pin number. Now that I can't log into Ebay I can't get a pin.

Guilty without evidence, a trial, a reason, INCREDIBLE!

Old 07-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Evan

Are you positive the message was actually from ebay? At least twice a month I get spoof ebay emails telling me my account is being suspended. Just a heads up

Old 07-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Positive it's from Ebay.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: robert a

Darren,

That's very frustrating and it's happened to me before.

In my case, they reinstated me after two days saying only that they had made a mistake.

I hope you get it resolved tonight.

Robert

Old 07-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barry arnold

best of luck, Darren.
ebay does some of the craziest things, and this is one of them.

best,

barry

Old 07-30-2008, 02:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry Hrechka

Just check and make sure that the CC you on file with Ebay has not expired. You can get NARU'ed for that

Old 07-30-2008, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tony galovich

Maybe getting thrown off ebay is a blessing in disguise
ebay's business model is wearing off as ton's of buyers/sellers are fleeing to other sites
& let's not bring up paypal
I can't believe they have been charged under the RICO statutes yet
it's such a criminal operation beyond words

Old 07-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason Duncan

I have had an unbelievable experience with eBay recently in which my reputation was trashed due to blackmail and eBay just added to the madness. If you want details feel free to call me. I am done there. 8 years of flawless feedback and two turds trash it and cause a snowball of destruction to my ID. Ebay had a hand in it and was no help. Calling them will do no good. I was a gold powerseller averaging $20-30K per month in sales since January and they didnt even give me a heads up. I was back on in 3 days, but that killed me even worse. The problem is that I had 800 auctions end the day before they booted me. Alot of pissed of buyers left me alot of negs and neutrals and ebay was not even willing to work with me to give a chance to remove them due to the fact I was suspended for 3 days. The even charges me the fees on the sold items! When they suspended me they sent emails to all my buyer saying to avoid the transaction, but they still want fees. Well, as you can imagine most of the winners did not follow through and some even negged me for the ended auction! Ebay is a joke and I am debating litigation. My 2 cents.

Jason

Old 07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: scott levy

I'm a little surprised that no other online sites have even tried to fill the void in the area of collectibles (read coins, stamps, cards). Even though I've never had a major problem with ebay I clearly get the sense of how unhelpful they are. I've conducted much more sales through VBC lately than through ebay!

Regards,
Scott

Old 07-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: paulstratton

Despite all of the negatives I still haven't seen a viable alternative to ebay.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan Long

It would be wonderfil to have another option besides ebay. But, I assume that strart-up costs would be huge. Plus, Ebay has managed to make themselves a huge player online because of all the marketing that they managed to do. Auction houses are the only other option that are available and the typical stuff that I can buy do not exist on most auction house websites. It would take a lot of people with a lot of money to put something together - not saying it wouldn't be worth a shot though.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Administrator

I have just received 4 nonpaying bidder strikes for items purchased on 7/28/08. I can't even contact the sellers to pay for the items.

I haven't heard anything else from Ebay other than the reason my accounts were booted is because they are linked to my old account anitquepaperstuff. I lost control of antiquepaperstuff in the days just prior to and months after Hurricane Katrina. One just has to look up Cut Off, Louisiana on a map for evidence. In addition to the catastrophe, our mail has to go through New Orleans for routing. Tons of mail were lost there. In addition the last thing on my mind was baseball cards, so I received 3 nonpaying bidder strikes and antiquepaperstuff was axed.

Sellers like Mike Wheat were a blessing. They forgave my transactions with them and said when I could count on them to be there when things settle. The wonderful thing is that I didn't have to ask. They notified me.

For one week prior and about one year after Katrina things were in turmoil down here. Mail was lost, backed up, destroyed, etc. We didn't have electricity for one week. Homes and buildings were damaged and destroyed. I spent the time providing free care at our small local hospital for New Orleans and St. Bernard Parish refugees. There is plenty more to that story.

Later on, about a year later I tried to reinstate, but Ebay customer support told me it would be easier to just close the antiquepaperstuff account and start a new one.

After over a year with djdcmo and 1100+ transactions and not one hit against the account (there was one retaliatory negative), and 7 or so months with perfect taicobbsalad, I get axed without a reason.

I did not intend to make excuses why antiquepaperstuff was suspended. If Ebay says that I'm(taicobbsalad and djdcmo) suspended because of the suspension of antiquepaperstuff to hell with them.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Counts

Darren,

I agree with Tony ... eBay's glory days are fading. Clearly, the number of vintage cards up for auction are dwindling. I looked up Batter-Ups today ... I found 229 BINs ... and only 3 (THREE!!!) cards up for auction. And out of 229 BINs, only about a dozen or so had reasonable prices ...

Old 07-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Sorry you are going through this Darren.

Steve

Old 07-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike C

I agree Ebay is dead. It's not an auction site anymore, it is a gigantic store front.

I wish someone would create a trading card only auction site.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Leon tried it about six months ago, but it never took off.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: lj

hi darren,
i'm sorry to hear about your problems with ebay. you have been a great customer. if you remember lharri3600 from ebay.
larry

Old 07-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: paulstratton

Non-paying bidder strikes for items on 7/28/08? That is a little quick. I'm sure it will get worked out DD.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Deb Johnson

Darren --
Full sympathies here regarding both ebay and continuing fallout from Katrina. I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get my Katrina collection sold before some unforeseen tragedy cripples me on ebay, like you're going through. If ebay will accept a letter of reference from satisfied sellers, you know I'm in.

Plus, I'll certainly vouch for your location as hard-hit by Katrina. Speaking of post offices, I evacuated my car to the post office in Kiln, large parking lot with no trees nearby, and came home three days later to find it had floated around in that parking lot. They were still finding 'lost' mail 3 months later. Kiln, MS, is 12 miles inland and got thirty feet of water (because it's near a river). (The favorite yard-sign around here is "Camille was a lady... Katrina was a B****.")

Countless post offices lost/out of commission in two-states-worth of coastal counties/parishes for which Darren is paying an undeserved price, the guy who put people's lives ahead of ebay. Shame, shame, shame.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Thanks guy and gal,

I appreciate the help and comments. I've received a notice that they have removed 3 of the nonpaying bidder strikes for transactions from 7/28/08.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: B D

I like your avatar~

BcD

Old 07-31-2008, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Charley Ramone

THE NEW EBAY:
www.ioffer.com/feepay

Old 08-01-2008, 03:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Levy

Very cute cartoon...but sadly exactly my point iOffer had one legitimate T206 Card, a PSA3 Cy Young.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

It is real easy for you to get kicked off eBay nowadays. You don't even really have to do anything wrong and you won't get an explanation and there will be no one to contact.

I know six good sellers (some that go as far back as the thirteen years. All you need is a couple of bad transactions (complaints or negative feedbacks that are unjust) and you get the magic e-mail stating that they don't want you selling anymore. I have no idea what eBay is doing with this...the John Donohoe-era where they want to..what...limit who sells on the site? Has to make the stock holders happy if they knew this...but they will simply decrease the initial charge of items by a nickle and hicking up the back end by 4 more percentage points.

Here is how to kick off someone you hate...small dollar items without tracing the pieces. After you get them, say you never got them and leave negative feedback. BAM! They are ghosts.

As far as contact go Darren, I know six people in the Utah branch and none have been able to assist these people.

DJ

Old 08-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Administrator

My ebay accounts were strictly used for buying--never anything sold under any account. Ebay has said goodbye to my mid 5 figure, yearly expenditures. I had several bids on some nice T206's that they cancelled, sorry to whomever else was hurt by this.

The latest is that they have reviewed my appeal and they are sticking to the suspension. No further explanation granted. I do appreciate all the support I have received from many of you.

I can't help but feel this has something to do with the last negative I left to a seller in Canada, who earned the negative. He told me to go f%#$ my mother among other things. He tried his best to cancel a deal on a card he felt didn't go for enough money. Very rarely are negatives necessary in my book.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

Hi Darin and Deb,
I feel badly about the troubles that you had with Katrina. I had sold a card on ebay, shortly before Katrina, to a guy in Southern Mississippi. I waited quite a while for his payment, but never received it. I used Google Earth, or one of the similar programs to zoom in on the small town that he lived in. Most of the town was under water. I decided to hang on to the card, and sure enough, 2-3 months later I received an email from him. He paid me, I sent the card, and everything worked out fine.

It is too bad that buyers from Louisiana and Mississippi were receiving negs when they didn't have any options.

Take care,

Rick

Old 08-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Michael

Darren, Very sorry to hear that. Ebay/Paypal are RIDICULOUS at times. NO reasononing at all. Good luck getting back in!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Still no luck getting reinstated--mainly because of ZERO response from Ebay.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Larry

With the many changes E bay has and is continuing to implement as of this writing, one wonders if they will ever reach their goals of making e bay "a better marketplace" as they chase good vendors away....Good bidders are not protected by e bay hiding bid history, sellers are paying more fees and are being bullied by a few out of control bidders on their DSR scores...powersellers are being dumped by e bay even with 99.9 or better feedback if only one of the 4 categories falls under 4.5 rating, even if the other 3 are 4.8 or 4.9...

E bay like the U.S is heading in the wrong direction.....they think they are going to be more profitable but that is not the case.