NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Bill Gregory

Default A question for T206 experts. I'm confused by this Ebay auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-HISTORI...item53fc124eba

This is one of the "Historic Autographs" combos that has been popping up Ebay recently. An original T206 card, and a PSA/DNA certified auto (don't get me started on the "certified" autograph).

What has me scratching my head is the assertion that this card and back combination is rare. According to the seller, it is "#'d 6/13".

Huh?

Am I to read into this that there are only 13 known examples of this card with this back? Sweet Cap, to my knowledge, is not a rare back, and I do not recall reading that Tommy Leach is a rare card. The card itself has not been graded as far a I can see, so it would not impact PSA's population report. The flip designates that the auto is authentic, nothing more.

Can somebody please explain to me what is going on here? Thank you.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 08-06-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

no. there are 13, 2013 historic autograph originals 1909-2013 cards of this player. each of the 13 cards consists of 1 tabacco card and 1 cut autograph.

kevin
Old 08-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Bill Gregory

Ok, thanks, Kevin. They made it sounds like the card itself was rare:

Quote:
THATS RIGHT THERE ARE ONLY 13 OF THESE GREAT CARDS EVER MADE AND YOU WOULD OWN ONE OF THEM.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:27 AM
Kevin Qui.nn

yea. the entire encapsulation is the card.

sort of intersting how his business model is put together. it doesn't really require any extensive equipment or anything. the psa slabbing basically produces his product, that he puts in boxes.

kevin
Old 08-08-2013, 06:26 AM

Default Really?

I read all the posts from your Kevin and I am trying to figure out why you are tough on this Historic product ... I mean, really - didn't you open a box and get a Cy Young card (that's got to be $3000) ... I even saw the tweet of you (I guess) holding the card at the Historic booth ... were you this rough with them personally or do you save your "tough" comments for the boards so it is easier to hide behind
Old 08-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfoxx View Post
I read all the posts from your Kevin and I am trying to figure out why you are tough on this Historic product ... I mean, really - didn't you open a box and get a Cy Young card (that's got to be $3000) ... I even saw the tweet of you (I guess) holding the card at the Historic booth ... were you this rough with them personally or do you save your "tough" comments for the boards so it is easier to hide behind
This seems out of place. I didn't think what Kevin said was "tough" of Historic Autographs at all.

Last edited by peterose4hof; 08-08-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:05 AM

Default Tough

he has made many assumptions about how the product was issued on several posts ... including questions about their business model, how the make their cards ... I am only trying to figure out why/how this guys knows so much ... I have emailed him directly and all he has are "guesses" and poor assumptions ... I am bothered by the LACK of fact checking when talking about companies ... I have no issues with raising questions but when you list things as FACT and you are wrong, it only hurts the company that made the card
Old 08-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Cain J.

I remember seeing this. http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=172699

Last edited by ins02; 08-08-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

FWIW, I spoke with Kevin Heffner at the HA booth for quite some time and I really admire his passion and creativity. He took a lot of time to explain the T206/Cut Auto product and the odds of pulling certain players, HOFers, orginal T206s etc.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Kevin Qui.nn

Now the conversation is out in the public huh guy? I have had extensive conversations with this person via PM over the last few hours.

I don't think I can post the PM converstion on the board can I? It would be a lot simplier to do that and just let everyone read it.

At some point to night I will summarize the conversation and put it out here with all of the facts and conversations I have had.

Why do I now want to do this:
The reason I want to do that is because, this particular person has had a very emphatic view about me talking about the product and what I learned.

Kevin