NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Default Please Be Advised .....

Posted By: Robert Plancich

I have received several emails from Network 54 members whom seem to believe that I have some sort of "agenda" when it comes to Dave Bushing and that I should take it "offline" and go away. Dave Bushing isn't the only one to blame, his partner Dan Knoll is listed on many of the COA's that accompany the items that have been authenticated. Recently, I have noticed that Dan Knoll's name has been absent and that Troy Kinunen, Director of Authentication for SCDA, has taken it's place.

It should be noted that I have sent Dave Bushing over 70 emails and he has decided for one reason or another to ignore any requests for information (I think he has actually responded to about three or four on my emails). Troy Kinunen has also chosen the same path as Dave Bushing. In fact, when I was working on the Joe DiMaggio "streak" bat research, Troy Kinunen told me that the bat had been "triple scruitinized" but declined to explain exactly what that meant. He did offer me the "opportunity" to fly back to Chicago to meet with Dave Bushing, Dan Knoll, Bill Mastro, Doug Allen and himself to dicuss the "process" that this bat went through before it was authenticated. I didn't see the need to travel back there and felt that this could be handled via email and that is when Doug Allen decided to block my emails and hire an attorney from Beverly Hills to handle my inquiries and threaten me with possible litagation.

It should also be noted that I have extended to Dave Bushing, Dan Knoll (although neither Bushing, Kinunen or anyone else at SCD/SCDA will give me Mr. Knoll's email address), Troy Kinunen, Doug Allen, every opportunity to explain themselves and/or provide documentation supporting their claims of an item's authenticity and they have declined each and every time. The same story holds true for Rocky Landsverk and T.S. O'Connell of SCD, I have sent them numerous emails about PSA/DNA, MastroNet, Dave Bushing, etc. and they too have decided not to respond and/or reply. It was only after this that I decided to take the information to the media and recently to the Network 54 Forum.

Old 12-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: PASJD

Robert according to your own narrative the entire group of gentlemen offered to meet with you in person to explain their position on the Dimaggio bat and YOU declined. Unless you are saying that offer was disingenous, I can understand why after such a refusal they would choose not to carry on a dialogue by email. Why did you decline the invitation?

Old 12-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

Robert--I fully agree with Ryan that you have made your point and that most of the people on the board have grown weary of your rants against Dave Bushong, etc. If you have something to add to the knowledge base concerning vintage cards then that would be most welcome. Otherwise, I personally would like to see you take your show elsewhere. BTW, Joe P.-it would be nice to see you contribute something about cards once in a while also and not just sing another rendition of "The Impossible Dream".

Old 12-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

Jay,

I do not think it is fair to assume what "most of the people on the board" do or do not want to read. I encourage Robert to continue to post information about the vintage sports memorabilia auction and authentication businesses. I have learned much and would like to learn more.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Roger D

It seems the only consistency is that everyone Robert tries to communicate with eventually blocks his e-mail. Looks like Robert has found a way not to be blocked. Post stale information about a bat that was NOT auctioned 3 years ago on a public forum...a forum that covered it three years ago real time. Bravo! I am glad MW has learned something new if you don't block Roberts e-mails I am sure he will share more!!

Old 12-29-2004, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

OK.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ray

As someone who has been a lurker for just over a year, I think what your doing is great! The "false" documentations are unbelievable. If a person disagrees with what you are saying, they don't have to read your posts.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Vargha

I have nothing to add but I just wanted to increase my post count.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jonas Salts

Keep the post coming. They are informative.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Vargha

Jonas I am glad you enjoy my posts.

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 12-29-2004, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Elkins

This board has always been a "watchdog" for our Hobby. Let us not keep that ONLY to those eBay sellers who continue to defraud new people to our Hobby. If there is legitmate complaints against the "Big Boys", then LET US HEAR THEM and decide for ourselves.

I have an idea of what all is going on at major levels in our Hobby, and I am sure MW knows as well. There have been things done most of us (even veterans in our Hobby) would not believe went on - all for five and six figure profits!

Old 12-30-2004, 02:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Jay, I have a lot of respect for you, but why would you want Robert to go away? Yes, he is a bit of a one trick pony, but at least he is trying to expose some of the seemier things int he hobby that most of would not otherwise know about.

As to Roberts offer he got to meet Busching, et al in Chicago, why would anyone travel anywhere to hear how this bat was "authenticated"? This is something that could have been done on the phone or via email. There is no need to travel in order to learn the details of the bat was authenticated.

I have no doubt there is more to the story that we haven't been told, but it still makes no sense that Mastro, et al would only divulge how the bat was authenticated only if Robert traveled to Chicago. There is a lot more to this story that we haven't been told.

Jay

Wow upside down is Mom. Mom upside down is what dad wants to see.

Old 12-30-2004, 03:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe P.

Jay baby, you've sung that "Most of the People" song a few times and it's never made the charts.
Sorry baby, same results all the time.
Thank God this forum is not made up of sheep as you would like it to be.

There are people here, new and old that would like to know about any of the problems that keep occurring in our hobby.
I can easily understand why YOU would like to stifle Mr. Robert Plancich voice on forum 54 also.

Aren't you one of the consignors that have given the OK to have your consignment presented in a better light shall we say?

If you can't shut up Robert, and you can't speak for most of the people, what are you going to do next?
Insist that everyone stick their heads in the sand?

Tis a pity.
You're an interesting OJ collector.
Where did you go wrong?

I think I'll write a song.
Let's call it:
Stabilization T Cornpone.

Old 12-30-2004, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

Robert has made his point and it is time to move on to something else. If he has other issues to bring up, preferably related to the topic of this forum--vintage baseball cards, that is great. Otherwise, I personally find his posts repetitive and annoying. Jay-posts about new issues are good, beating a dead horse is not. Those of you who have a bone to pick with Mastro love it but IMHO most people don't. Joe P--do you ever talk about cards or are your posts limited to complaining? You have been in the hobby a long time-why not post something about an area of vintage cards that you are interested in?

Old 12-30-2004, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

I like everyone...

so I don't want to take sides...

but I must say that I don't mind reading these posts from the C.A.R.D.S. organization every once in a while.

If the hobby world knows that there are people like him out there watching them... then maybe his work will deter some of them from doing things that they shouldn't.

Then again, I think Mastro and Robert Edward are two of the BEST and most respected auction houses... so I would encourage C.A.R.D.S. to focus on some of the OTHER auction houses every so often and REALLY expose some fraud.

And by the way...

as long as Mastro is auctioning CARDS in the same auction as they are auctioning a "bogus" bat...

then I think these posts ARE related to "card collecting" in a way.

I have 100% confidence in Mastro that they will ALWAYS pull an item out of an auction when is shown to be false...

but I simply don't have 100% confidence in them to know when an item is "real."

Old 12-30-2004, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

While this is predominantly a vintage baseball card forum I would vote to let Robert voice his concerns. It would be nice to see him choose someone to pick on rather than just Bushing though. It sounds like he has a vendetta against him or something? And this is not to take away from the huge mistake that was made on the Ichiro bat....in which Mastro did do the right thing in the end. I suspect Mr.Allen and Mr.Mastro will be a tad bit more careful in the future. I will agree with my best buddy ( am I in your will yet?) Hal and say that since these folks sell the cards, that we all know and love, their other things for sale have some impact on their reputation, pricing, etc of the cards we buy from them (hence the recent Keeler issue).... I also enjoy Joe's posts, Jay M.'s posts, and just about everyone elses posts.....I will always support as little censorship as possible as long as the person attacking is known (not anonymous). I sure hope Robert doesn't look in my closet.....way too many skeletons...albeit not card related.....later

Old 12-30-2004, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

Yes, Leon, of course you are in my Will.

You are the expert I have specifically designated to assess an "estimated value" of my collection for the IRS and Estate Tax purposes.

I have faith that you will recognize that these are only little pieces of cardboard surrounded by plastic...

and are therefore only worth a total of $12.33

Yet at the same time, I have faith that you will NOT take advantage of my grieving family and offer to buy the whole collection for $25

Old 12-30-2004, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott

My gripe has mainly been that he posts then walks away - he has no interest whatsoever in our responses to his posts.

Isn't this a "discussion" forum? What Robert is doing is insulting to all of us. He's the dictator addressing the crowd from the third floor balcony. I, for one, have stopped reading his rants, just as I no longer read the witty prose of his accompanist.

Old 12-30-2004, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

I agree with Scott and i think he summed up what Jay was trying to say.I dont read his posts,he says stuff that we are supposed to assume is true eventho we dont know who he is,but we know the people hes talking about and respect them in the industry.If he really wants to prove his point hes going to have to answer some questions from doubters,and until he does that,to me hes just someone spouting off because he probably has personal issues with the parties involved

I would also like to hear more from David Vargha,he doesnt post enough,even if its just an annoucement of the time,or weather where he is