NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Default To: Tobacco "error and printer scrap" collectors

Posted By: runscott

...above includes collectors of proofs, printer's scrap, proofs, and other misfit cards.

I have a mailing list that includes many of you, and on rare occasions I send out emails. I have a couple of projects I would like to get as much participation in as possible, so if you are not on the mailing list and want to participate, please send an email - if you don't specify "blind copy", I will assume you don't mind others knowing you're one of "us".

Current project: cataloging existing printer's scrap and other "problem" cards (e.g: proofs, yellow/brown variations, etc.). Other possible results - follow-up to last article I had in VCBC, possible small color catalog of images for members only, at cost. I'm not expecting to create an exhaustive list, especially of proofs since I realize one or two collectors own most of the "one of a kind" examples, but we can at least build a working list.

Old 01-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

Scott, I enjoyed your VCBC article on this subject, and I'm sure your final report would be well received. When you're finished we will call you 'The Scap.' People on the street will say, "Don't mess with that guy. They call him The Scrap. I'm not sure why, but I hear he has yet to lose a fight."

Old 02-02-2004, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Troy T.

"I realize one or two collectors own most of the "one of a kind" examples, but we can at least build a working list."

Who are they? Doug Allen? Keith O.?

Old 06-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jjfornal

I have several Proofs from the T206, E95, E96, E97 and others. I recently sold off some T3 and T202 Proofs.

Old 06-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I was thinking of having my T206 name on top cards slabbed for display. My thought was to have GAI authenticate them w/o grades (after all, how would you grade a miscut when the miscut is the point). Any thoughts on this?