NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-10-2020, 07:15 PM
Evan M.

See you guys in about 3 months.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Brian
Brian Long.ley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoism View Post
See you guys in about 3 months.
Evan the guy running it is from Hilltop a hedge fund that got out of Technology and into energy in 2016.... good luck!
Old 09-10-2020, 07:30 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLongley View Post
Evan the guy running it is from Hilltop a hedge fund that got out of Technology and into energy in 2016.... good luck!

Impeccable at timing the top of the market!

Couldnt have made worse decisions.

Mark this as the top of the card market.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 09-13-2020, 10:22 AM
Bob

Default Investment?

Nothing wrong with fractional ownership if the valuation is fair. Owning a fractional share of an overvalued company(card) is not a good idea. If the Mantle 10 is worth 2.5 mil at auction then a fractional share is a fair investment. If the value is $1.25 million at auction then you are paying double the current value to own a fraction. As a minority owner you will have no say in how or when the card is sold. Not sure what liquidity you have if you want to resell the share.

Last edited by Delray Vintage; 09-13-2020 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-13-2020, 12:07 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

How did they get all their contact Info? I never signed up to my knowledge

Old 09-13-2020, 12:15 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray Vintage View Post
Nothing wrong with fractional ownership if the valuation is fair. Owning a fractional share of an overvalued company(card) is not a good idea. If the Mantle 10 is worth 2.5 mil at auction then a fractional share is a fair investment. If the value is $1.25 million at auction then you are paying double the current value to own a fraction. As a minority owner you will have no say in how or when the card is sold. Not sure what liquidity you have if you want to resell the share.
I agree with you when it comes to static assets, but if you look at the past decade “overvalued” companies are pretty much what have paid the bills. The majority of the leading gainers have been riding PE’s of anywhere from 15-1 to 40-1. Investing in something “overvalued” isn’t necessarily a losing proposition.
Old 09-13-2020, 04:47 PM
Marc S.

Default What's the best way

What's the most lucrative way to cash out of my ETopps portfolio to diversify into this exciting, new brand of card-based profiteering?
Old 09-13-2020, 05:09 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Hmm now they have an article by that hack Siedman?

How did they get their contact list again?

Old 09-13-2020, 07:11 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Let me get this right-the owner of the card is an owner of the fund. Is that correct? So he makes money on the listed valuation for the card (I believe i heard that it originally sold for $1 million) and the fees the fund charges? Is that correct? Who determines when the card will be sold? How are positions marked to market if trades do not take place? What oversight body is regulating these transactions? If there are gains for investors are these collectible gains or ordinary capital gains? Are there truly independent board members? Thanks for any answers.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:05 AM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Let me get this right-the owner of the card is an owner of the fund. Is that correct? So he makes money on the listed valuation for the card (I believe i heard that it originally sold for $1 million) and the fees the fund charges? Is that correct? Who determines when the card will be sold? How are positions marked to market if trades do not take place? What oversight body is regulating these transactions? If there are gains for investors are these collectible gains or ordinary capital gains? Are there truly independent board members? Thanks for any answers.
Yeah what could possibly go wrong there, oldjudge?

I am perplexed how an outsider of this newly formed company with knowledge of the ins and outs of investing on Wall St would support such a venture but ok. Maybe I am missing something. I would love to hear answers to your questions.