NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Default More Fakes........

Posted By: Dan Bretta

What's it going to take to put these guys out of business. Look through this guys list of items for sale. Everything is fake and you're starting to see items like these creep into the legitimate auction houses. These pencil toppers are the same fakes that showed up in the last Sotheby/SCP auction.

http://tinyurl.com/38kwpb

Old 01-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred Y

Not that I know anything about pencil toppers, but do you mean such a thing never existed?

Boy, they sure look old & authentic as pictured!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Yep, these are fantasy pieces and should be sold as such.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Clint

How come when they post a fake card on the other side it gets ended almost immediately. We can't seem to get anything done about the memorabilia side. I'm tired of all the fake posters, decal bats, fan for a fan fans, and the other junk out there. AAugh!!

Clint

Old 01-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Smith

This seller also has eBay ID's of ACOFIND and theolestuff. His name is Terry Drake and he lives in Muncie, Indiana. He has been selling these fakes and reproductions for YEARS and making really good money at it. He also lists fake advertising window signs (Harley Davidson, Indian, Seven-Up, Winchester, etc). Plus Native American items.

I have reported him to eBay and they occasionally remove some of his items but NEVER ban him. I have also reported him to the Indiana Police but they say I have no standing because I have not bought anything from him. My response is why should I spend my money and buy an OBVIOUS fake and then report it to the Police? If eBay wont ban him then why should/will the Police go after him because of my $100 (or less) purchase?? Answer, they wont. I will then be out the money and this jerk will still continue to sell his crap on eBay.

Another board member bid on and won one of his fake items, a 1933 All-Star game program and left Negative feedback. eBay removed the Neg because ACOFIND argued that the buyer just bid so as to leave a NEG and never really intended on completing the purchase. A couple of years ago, a board member bought a baseball poster or advetising sign which was fake (Bond Bread Jackie Robinson and Pee Wee Reese?) which turned out to be fake. The seller has since listed and sold (UGH) many more of these signs or posters. That is how I found out about this guy and have been following him ever since.

DO NOT BUY FROM HIM!!!!! Report him to eBay as much as possible. IF you ahve bought something rom him, be sure to check it's authenticity. IF it is fake, then report him to both eBay and the Indiana Police. This guy NEEDS to be in jail.

David

Old 01-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Administrator

I've emailed him a few times and he never responds.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Smith

Yep, he will never respond if you even act like you have a clue about what you are talking about. That's because he KNOWS his crap is FAKE. One of the items he tried to sell on eBay was a 1913 Major League Baseball Game lid. The REAL game lids were made of wood. The one he was trying to sell was made of cardboard. I brought this to the board's attention and a couple of people E Mailed eBay and the lid was removed.

David

Old 01-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I'm no pencil topper expert, but aren't the faces and text on these upside down? All those little trolls and unicorns and rubber Mickey Mouses I've seen are rightside up when the the kid is writing.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

David, they are the right side up. They are made to clip on a shirt or pocket like a pen does now days.